90 Day Reporting. Why!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the Mods here at Thai Visa can make it a point to reitterate the fact that a person must make a seperate report of 90 days stay, even when making an extension. I have seen people fined for not reporting, conrtrary to some comments that the first extension of Visa is exempt from 90 day reporting.

Have seen a few friends get fined 2,000 baht by this trap.

Even if it is not a hard and fast rule, some officers will fine you anyhow for not reporting.

Don't think there is any clarity in the rules that the first extension of stay is exempt from 90 day reporting.

That is where they have got you in a Catch 22.

Only exception is leaving Thailand before the 90 day report time. When returning, the new 90 day time starts new

Make sure you report every 90 days regardless. it is free, and save hastles in the future.

I almost got caught in that trap a couple years ago, but luckily, I made the 90 day report . At that time the Officers would not tell me I needed to report, just a "UP to You' reply to my inqueries of reporting.

Surely they were looking forward to my maing that 2,000 baht mistake

Edited by KimoMax

Simply stated: This country is not "farang friendly": 90 days reporting, max 1 year permission of stay, extremely difficult to get permanent residence, don't think you can get Thai nationality.

That gives me the feeling we are not welcome here, only our money is.

In my country of origin (Belgium) once you get a permission to stay police will pay your residence a visit to ensure you really live there.

From there on you can work, benefit social security, buy land, own a house, 5 years down the road obtain Belgian nationality, vote etc. etc.

Unfortunately thousands come to profit the system: get free housing, free food, pocket money. They are called "asylum seekers", they don't come with money as we do, for sure.

Try that in Thailand :whistling:

ah, the ole money should buy citizenship argument...

Thank you Lopuri for the referance. The people that were fined were as confused as i was.

A couple people tried to argue the point, but did not have any referance to back themselves up, so were fined albeit unfairly.

we are all on probation,all of us that have been married a long time 21years in my case why cant we pay up front for a 5year ext.of stay and report every 180days how hard is that,saves them a lot of time and us,maybe they cant work out 1900bht x 5.

My thoughts also!As I wrote in my first post;it is all to keep us aware,that we do not belong/keep their staff occupied.And I must admit that it works,my reasons for living here are not love of the country and those crazy rules.If I could have the same climate and get the same value for money in my homecountry,well......