Low 4 Door Pick Ups

sezze

Hi ,

I'm starting at looking for a car to buy . I prefer a low pickup 4 doors model . The Isuzu D-max X series Speed is the ref model , but it is only available in 2 doors / seats model , while the others are all high models . Occasionally i do see 4 doors D-max on the street . Same with the Toyota Vigo , i do see some low models on the street but looking at their website i only see high and very high models . Are they aftermarket/ tuned ? And if yes , are they easily available as aftermarket option ( and price ) ?

Are there standard low 4 door pickups available ?

All pickups "grew up" from 2003/4 onwards, so the difference now between a regular RWD and a 4WD (or a "high rider" 2WD) is only 80-100mm.

So there's practically nothing you can buy that's as low as an old base model Hilux Tiger, Isuzu Dragon Power or Mitsubishi Strada, but still plenty of "non jacked up" models:

Mazda BT-50 2.5 S, 2.5 V (585K to 660K)

Hilux Vigo Champ RWD 2.5J-PS, 2.7E, 2.5E, 2.5G and 3.0G (627K to 832K)

Ford Ranger Double Cab 2WD (628K)

Mitsubishi Triton Double Cab GLX (648K)

Isuzu D-Max Cab4 SX/SLX (657K to 728K)

Nissan Navara Double Cab 4.2 SE (673K)

THX for the answers .

I know he difference is only 80 to 100mm but as you will know , 80 to 100 mm is quite a difference . When you see that now most pick ups have a height of 1.75 m and going to 1.65 it does make a big difference . The Triton is on the watchlist together with the Isuzu . I've driven multiple Vigos and while they have plenty of power , i do not exacty like their inside and the gearbox was just :bah: . It is also a big car , and a bit to bi for my liking .

The Mazda BT50 , i've driven many times a middle version ( spacecab/smartcab ) and interior / engine / etc was a delight to drive . Only the GF does not like the car and to be honest , the exterior is a bit dull . Excelenyt car to drive though and for it's price it might be a winner .

The Izuzu's , never driven one , but i do like the way it looks inside and outside .

The Navara ... oh yes , excellent looks , so i going to check out on them , might be a bit too big though but the GF likes it from the way it looks also .

Triton , i do know them and they do look good but never had a close look on them , so i check them out.

Ford Ranger is a wild off roader , or so it seems . There is a new one under way so wait for it to make anohter judgement.

Colorado , very nice looks but it ages bad inside , that alone was enough to set me off .

THX for the answers .

I know he difference is only 80 to 100mm but as you will know , 80 to 100 mm is quite a difference . When you see that now most pick ups have a height of 1.75 m and going to 1.65 it does make a big difference . The Triton is on the watchlist together with the Isuzu . I've driven multiple Vigos and while they have plenty of power , i do not exacty like their inside and the gearbox was just :bah: . It is also a big car , and a bit to bi for my liking .

The Mazda BT50 , i've driven many times a middle version ( spacecab/smartcab ) and interior / engine / etc was a delight to drive . Only the GF does not like the car and to be honest , the exterior is a bit dull . Excelenyt car to drive though and for it's price it might be a winner .

The Izuzu's , never driven one , but i do like the way it looks inside and outside .

The Navara ... oh yes , excellent looks , so i going to check out on them , might be a bit too big though but the GF likes it from the way it looks also .

Triton , i do know them and they do look good but never had a close look on them , so i check them out.

Ford Ranger is a wild off roader , or so it seems . There is a new one under way so wait for it to make anohter judgement.

Colorado , very nice looks but it ages bad inside , that alone was enough to set me off .

Sorry forgot to mention the Chev :D

Colorado 4-door starts at 617K for the LS model, and if you have another look, you'll see that the only difference between it and the Isuzu inside is the color - they're the same truck (both made by Chevrolet TH) ;)

Similarly, the Mazda BT-50 and Ford Ranger are the same truck, just slightly altered styling/colors.

Hilux, Triton and Navara are all unique designs though (well, until 2013 when Mitsu & Nissan start model sharing)

THX for the answers .

Sorry forgot to mention the Chev :D

Colorado 4-door starts at 617K for the LS model, and if you have another look, you'll see that the only difference between it and the Isuzu inside is the color - they're the same truck (both made by Chevrolet TH) ;)

Similarly, the Mazda BT-50 and Ford Ranger are the same truck, just slightly altered styling/colors.

Hilux, Triton and Navara are all unique designs though (well, until 2013 when Mitsu & Nissan start model sharing)

Might be . I had a look at somebody who i know who uses a Chevrolet Colorado and on the inside the nice silver plastic was black on the places where you put your hands ( not black from dust but black from the original non colored plastic ) . Also the inside i saw was not the same as the Isuzu .

The BT50 is great but looks dull on the outside , while the Ford like i said is a bit to rough on the outside , so it might be the same on the inside and engine .

From looks outside:

Isuzu , Navara , Triton , Chevrolet, Vigo, BT50 , Ranger

Inside the which i know :

BT50 , Navara , Isuzu , Vigo , Chev

The which i driven :

BT50 , Vigo ( and i should test all the others as soon as i have the opportunity )

I am not saying the Vigo is bad , but of everything i always known and have driven . The inside never ever appealed me ( none of the Toyotas i know ) and the Vigos gearbox was very annoying after 5 days of driving . Toyota is probably not my thing .