How To Bypass Hdmi Audio On Laptop

pokerkid

"I would like the audio to come out the laptop (headphone plug) instead the tv so i can connect it to some speakers."

Two possible ways, assuming that you are running a recent version of Windows:

1) Use a media player like Zoomplayer that allows you to directly select the audio device you want to use.

2) Deactivate the HDMI audio output by right-clicking on the loudspeaker icon by the clock, selecting "playback devices", right-clicking on the HDMI driver (may have another name) and selecting "deactivate". Sometimes your setup wont like this in which case you may need to play around a little with the priorities and the activations.

All in all option 1 is probably the simplest if option 2 doesnt work first time.

Edited by Darrel

Just spotted this thread.

I have been using HDMI from my lap top to my HD Samsung TV for some time. To run the sound to my theatre speaker system I use the headphone mini jack socket at the rear of the TV to connect to my speaker amp, as I think, has already been mentioned above.

Been doing this for the past 6 months and it works fine.

Its common sense really, if the sound has already been 'sent' to the TV via the HDMI cable, then you must take it from the TV to where you want to it to go -i.e. to an external speaker system, or wherever and use whatever audio outputs that you can find on the back of the TV.

Yes, you can do that but it might be a bit inconvenient, depending on your room layout, and it wont give you a digital feed for your amp which some people (me!) like to have. Also means that you have to have the TV on to listen to music, even if there is no video.

I send my video to the TV via HDMI and the audio to my amp via SPDIF, both directly from the PC and 100% digital.

Edited by Darrel

"I would like the audio to come out the laptop (headphone plug) instead the tv so i can connect it to some speakers."

Two possible ways, assuming that you are running a recent version of Windows:

1) Use a media player like Zoomplayer that allows you to directly select the audio device you want to use.

2) Deactivate the HDMI audio output by right-clicking on the loudspeaker icon by the clock, selecting "playback devices", right-clicking on the HDMI driver (may have another name) and selecting "deactivate". Sometimes your setup wont like this in which case you may need to play around a little with the priorities and the activations.

All in all option 1 is probably the simplest if option 2 doesnt work first time.

I did option 2 and it works, thank you for that. I will also install zoomplayer later and see if I like that player