Please Name This Guest House!

cheeryble

Hi!

I just got a call from an old friend coming to Chiangmai.

He previously stayed in a guest house and forgot it's name.

It's on the part of Moonmuang I think they call Kotchasarn.

If you go from Thaipei Gate south on the outside of the moat it's a hundred or so yards before the corner on the left. A fairly large guesthouse with a pool in the middle.

Would be grateful for the name save me going to look!

Sound like TOP NORTH HOTEL on MoonMuang Top North GuestHouse in MoonMuang Soy 2 (500m more away) Both have nice pool, but Hotel more expensive than GuestHouse

The hotel includes breakfast. I heard that now it is a buffet not sure of that.The information he provides would put it out side the moat in between Thapa Gate and La Kroh.My guess is that he would get the side of the moat he was on easier than he could remember the street name.

Edited by hellodolly

Sounds like Lai Thai. I stayed there for a month when I first came here. Nice place, nice staff, cheap rooms.

And haunted, according to many Thais I know.

I too liked Lai Thai when I stayed there many moons ago. I did meet a witch there, but I don't think she was resident!

Sounds more like Lai Thai GH - on the outside of the moat just before corner.

Lai Thai GH

I always think that one looks nice, when driving past, if only we didn't live here then I could be a tourist & stay, perhaps it's time I had a tourist-week in Chiang Mai again, like in the good old days ? As it is, I'd say we live in the best tourist-destination, in the NW ! :)

Sounds like Pun Pun Guest House to me......there is no pool here, but if they will not be arriving until tomorrow we can probably arrange to have the river run right thru their room......that surely trumps a swimming pool.. :) :)

So you are going to have running water in your rooms soon?

Sounds like Pun Pun Guest House to me......there is no pool here, but if they will not be arriving until tomorrow we can probably arrange to have the river run right thru their room......that surely trumps a swimming pool.. :) :)

And possibly water-beds ? :o

....the above two aforementioned amenities will be available solely for the drips...... :)

our restaurant will now also be like the big suave joints, with a select your special fish..... [as it goes by]

also a ordering speaker and special lane for float thru boats..... and the list goes on.....

must be taking too many meds.....

....the above two aforementioned amenities will be available solely for the drips...... :)

our restaurant will now also be like the big suave joints, with a select your special fish..... [as it goes by]

also a ordering speaker and special lane for float thru boats..... and the list goes on.....

One may also now be able to arrive at Pun-Pun by float-plane, or on one's private-yacht, what do you charge as mooring-fees, Gonzo ? :D

But seriously, hope it doesn't quite happen, Chok Di ! :unsure:

Now guests can use the special exercise facilities provide without charge by the management. The brand new exercise machine consists of special monagramed sandbags and shovels. Children are welcome in the new sandpit and wading pool.

Sounds like Lai Thai. I stayed there for a month when I first came here. Nice place, nice staff, cheap rooms.

And haunted, according to many Thais I know.

I too liked Lai Thai when I stayed there many moons ago. I did meet a witch there, but I don't think she was resident!

ROFL

There's certainly witches outside that guest house every night. They're pleasant looking though ;)

Sounds like Lai Thai to me too - used to stay there when I was a visitor (rather than resident hanger-on) going back about 15 years - the space beside them was empty back then (used as a car park and a small shack as a makeshift bar). Pool was nice and lit at night, rooms were cheap and prices were negotiable (not by me, but my Mrs family usually) and it had English language TV and movies on TV. Cafe was nice and quite cheap. Always advised people to stay there too.

Stayed there one night two years ago between house moves, and must say I was not impressed and it was not longer a cheap place to stay or eat (and the food had gone downhill too). Just my opinion - and of course, it was just one night so maybe unlucky. I don't advise against it, but I no longer advise it either.