Swedish National Nabbed near Hua Hin On 100 Million Baht Fraud Case

webfact

Swedish national nabbed on 20 million krona fraud case

image_2011080415532793FF4E79-FB84-B413-AEED48B93785EF18.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 4 – Thailand’s immigration police on Thursday arrested a Swedish man who has been hiding in the kingdom for nine years after eluding warrants in Scandinavian countries on 20 million krona fraud case.

Carl-Gustav Alexander Tartagni was arrested in Prachuab Khiri Khan's seaside resort of Hua Hin after concerned agencies in Scandinavian countries sought cooperation from Thai police to arrest him.

The Swedish national is a wanted suspect charged with conspired with bank officials in Sweden to hack the banking system, changing purchase orders of bank clients' accounts and transfering their money into his own bank account, causing damage to several companies in Scandinavian countries, valued at 20 million krona or about Bt100 million.

Mr Tartagni fled to Thailand nine years ago and has no permanent job here. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-08-04

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mr Tartagni fled to Thailand nine years ago and has no permanent job here. (MCOT online news)

Oh well AT LEAST HE WASNT WORKING IN tHAILAND ILLEGALLY :jap::lol:

dam_n, we cant charge him with working without a work permit.

How to do? back to S weden

But they charge him for overstay.

Edited by paterpeter

Overstay might be 500 B a day but it stops at 10 or 20 k in Baht hahaha So when you're really late you better be really really late :lol:

But they charge him for overstay.

Where there's money there's an arrest.

The one that dun it.

No point in fitting some one up for that as you'd never get near the money. So the villain has to be caught. Then the Thais can steal the stolen money and they move onto to the next one. hence Thailand is Fraud hub of Asia.

No doubt after years of 'ignoring' him while collecting their 'tea money' Interpol finally exerts enough pressure to make the BIB get off there widening <deleted> and make the arrest. Only choice now to lift the remaining millions, claim it's gone who knows where, and all buy bigger houses and newer cars.

But murder.

Well that's a different story.

No money trail so fit someone up, keep the Thais scot free, usually all 12 of them who just this week murdered a Swede and then beat up 2 Dutch guys. And they say it comes in threes so I'd recommend staying home next week.

Remember: no money so fit someone up and move on. Crime solved.

Next.

Edited by housepainter

What is it with us Swedes this week? Seems like a lot of us want to give us a bad reputation in Thailand. But this guy's family name is not Swedish, so perhaps not that bad after all, he's just another import I guess.

With all that money why didnt he just pay off the BIB?

They would have said they never saw him for the right price!!!!

Then he could have moved to Cambodia or wherever never to be seen again!!

Can get away with it for nine years then gets caught?

Not that smart i guess!!

The Swedes aren't flavour of the week in Thailand now are they?laugh.gif1zgarz5.gif

100M Baht swindle and he doesn't have a job..ohh really... what was one expecting " currently employed at mcdonalds flipping burgers

The sum of a 100 M. Baht he defrauded would of course not last very long, and he naturally needed a job, if he was not successful in getting the job as a burger flipper, then he had to settle as a kitchen washer-up, poor chap, ha, ha ...

What is it with us Swedes this week? Seems like a lot of us want to give us a bad reputation in Thailand. But this guy's family name is not Swedish, so perhaps not that bad after all, he's just another import I guess.

Talking about imports. Your avatar looks very similar to Finland's national emblem. :whistling:

Can't get away with that. Possibly Italian dad and Swedish mum ? Something like that. Looks Scandinavian to me, right down to the "colourful" shirt. :D

The Swedes aren't flavour of the week in Thailand now are they?laugh.gif1zgarz5.gif

100M Baht swindle and he doesn't have a job..ohh really... what was one expecting " currently employed at mcdonalds flipping burgers

The sum of a 100 M. Baht he defrauded would of course not last very long, and he naturally needed a job, if he was not successful in getting the job as a burger flipper, then he had to settle as a kitchen washer-up, poor chap, ha, ha ...

Yes but with aspirations of becoming a burger flipper

Letters to home you don't see....

Dear Mum, I cant come and visit you as Im wanted by Interpol and the Swedish police for 100M B fraud. However you will be pleased to know Im well and have just got a job washing dishes... my boss ( whose a really nice guy) says if I work hard I can flip the burgers soon.... I've covered my tracks real well and park my Ferrari out the back when I come into work..... mind you terrible accident the other day... my gold Rolex leaked water when I was washing up.. no matter I have 3 spares at home.

Hope Dad and Nan are doing well.... did you get the bullion bar I sent for Christmas.. got to fly as the boss is back and I really want that burger flippin job.