I Bought A Chevy Cruze

• Replies 935
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can follow Warpy Logic, but not the Veiled God Squad message by Limbo. It went Tits Up when T.C. questioned the judgement of thousands of non Cruze owners to the point of rudeness.

Well no arguing that he was, we'll say maybe a bit over bearing and enthusiastic about it for whatever reason whether it was his own merit or Chevy inspired propaganda but as adults we should be able to manage an exchange of ideas and/or humor without a school yard piling on at one members expense.

It's easy, when you see others doing that, you maybe make one comment in jest and move on instead of members queuing up to take cheap shots one person after the other, continuing on the same bash for pages and even again sometimes bringing it back into other unrelated threads days or weeks later.. All of us can give and take a bit of piss taking until it then moves beyond humor and into belittling antagonism as so often happens and I don't see that as at all entertaining or necessary to make the forum interesting. Indeed it works out the opposite and discourages others from posting not wanting to be ridiculed into oblivion.. My skin is either thicker then most or I have undiscovered masochistic tendencies that keep me coming around :ph34r: certainly to the dismay of some, too bad :P ..

Bottom line is if people had their say and moved on to another point of the discussion it wouldn't degenerate that way.. JFYI not singling any one member out here it just happens to be Stars quote that offered the opportunity to further the point.. I hope it's taken as intended, in an attempt to improve the atmosphere in here, I'm trying, I hope others are adult enough to do so as well.. Off my soap box :) ..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I can follow Warpy Logic, but not the Veiled God Squad message by Limbo. It went Tits Up when T.C. questioned the judgement of thousands of non Cruze owners to the point of rudeness.

Well no arguing that he was, we'll say maybe a bit over bearing and enthusiastic about it for whatever reason whether it was his own merit or Chevy inspired propaganda but as adults we should be able to manage an exchange of ideas and/or humor without a school yard piling on at one members expense.

It's easy, when you see others doing that, you maybe make one comment in jest and move on instead of members queuing up to take cheap shots one person after the other, continuing on the same bash for pages and even again sometimes bringing it back into other unrelated threads days or weeks later.. All of us can give and take a bit of piss taking until it then moves beyond humor and into belittling antagonism as so often happens and I don't see that as at all entertaining or necessary to make the forum interesting. Indeed it works out the opposite and discourages others from posting not wanting to be ridiculed into oblivion.. My skin is either thicker then most or I have undiscovered masochistic tendencies that keep me coming around :ph34r: certainly to the dismay of some, too bad :P ..

Bottom line is if people had their say and moved on to another point of the discussion it wouldn't degenerate that way.. JFYI not singling any one member out here it just happens to be Stars quote that offered the opportunity to further the point.. I hope it's taken as intended, in an attempt to improve the atmosphere in here, I'm trying, I hope others are adult enough to do so as well.. Off my soap box :) ..

:coffee1::rolleyes:

:coffee1::rolleyes:

Nice start. Just no speaking intelligently to some :rolleyes: .. Well mine is out on the table I see yours is too..

In fairness, when he first posted the inital responses were largely a mix of "yes it's a nice car" and "it's a frakking POS Daewoo" - both of which are actually true... He lost all credibility and became the object of ridicule when he started becoming an unapologetic Chev ambassador, and started vomiting out his anti-everything-else rhetoric...

I appreciate the fanatacism that new car buyers often have, and I've seen enough buyer's remorse to understand that the few arrogant types that will deny it and defend it to the bitter end, but to survive with any form of repututation when surrounded with the depth and bredth of knowlodge shared on this forum, you need to be fair and factual. He isn't though...

In fairness, when he first posted the inital responses were largely a mix of "yes it's a nice car" and "it's a frakking POS Daewoo" - both of which are actually true... He lost all credibility and became the object of ridicule when he started becoming an unapologetic Chev ambassador, and started vomiting out his anti-everything-else rhetoric...

I appreciate the fanatacism that new car buyers often have, and I've seen enough buyer's remorse to understand that the few arrogant types that will deny it and defend it to the bitter end, but to survive with any form of repututation when surrounded with the depth and bredth of knowlodge shared on this forum, you need to be fair and factual. He isn't though...

Thanks for the considerate response MRO and yes he came on as a newbie like a roaring lion undoubtedly naive about the understanding of the breadth of knowledge and experience here initially and that set many oldtimers on their back heels with their hair standing up on the nape of their necks, chomping at the bit, looking for their openings which, he unfortunately obliged them on. That's where I see us being capable of moving forward because without the conflicting or dare I say antagonizing responses to his sometimes critical and challenging posts he would have been just in essence screaming in a closet by himself and how long would that entertain him?..

From that point on if he chooses to share his own knowledge and participate rather then just being a Chevy cheerleader or propagandist he'd likely have seen the gravitas of the banter and information shared and made his own decision about how or whether he wanted to become part of the community..

JFYI This applies to anyone who posts here as a rule and not just TC.. I don' think someone should be sidelined or marginalized on EVERY topic as some are/do. Some people have no balance, they either post rubbish directed at someone or post nothing at all, never able to allow themselves to give credit for anything said..

Personally I can't see how ANYONE can be that miserable in life or vindictive towards a given member on an AUTOMOTIVE Internet forum that all they are capable of doing is criticizing, berating, demeaning or baiting them into dung slinging, and you're a reasonable sort and capable enough to know who those members are, we all do..

Thanks for the considerate response MRO and yes he came on as a newbie like a roaring lion undoubtedly naive about the understanding of the breadth of knowledge and experience here initially and that set many oldtimers on their back heels with their hair standing up on the nape of their necks, chomping at the bit, looking for their openings which, he unfortunately obliged them on. That's where I see us being capable of moving forward because without the conflicting or dare I say antagonizing responses to his sometimes critical and challenging posts he would have been just in essence screaming in a closet by himself and how long would that entertain him?..

From that point on if he chooses to share his own knowledge and participate rather then just being a Chevy cheerleader or propagandist he'd likely have seen the gravitas of the banter and information shared and made his own decision about how or whether he wanted to become part of the community..

JFYI This applies to anyone who posts here as a rule and not just TC.. I don' think someone should be sidelined or marginalized on EVERY topic as some are/do. Some people have no balance, they either post rubbish directed at someone or post nothing at all, never able to allow themselves to give credit for anything said..

Personally I can't see how ANYONE can be that miserable in life or vindictive towards a given member on an AUTOMOTIVE Internet forum that all they are capable of doing is criticizing, berating, demeaning or baiting them into dung slinging, and you're a reasonable sort and capable enough to know who those members are, we all do..

Practice what you preach Warpy, yesterday YOU had a post deleted by ''ADMIN'' :huh: for doing exactly what your going on about. :rolleyes:

Practice what you preach Warpy, yesterday YOU had a post deleted by ''ADMIN'' :huh: for doing exactly what your going on about. :rolleyes:

No actually I didn't can you provide me a link if not <deleted> you're out of place!

EVERY topic as some are/do. Some people have no balance, they either post rubbish directed at someone or post nothing at all, never able to allow themselves to give credit for anything said..

No actually I didn't can you provide me a link if not <deleted> you're out of place!

Post No. 9 on the Dan Wheldon thread. Sadly.;)

Excuse me? How did you come to that mistaken conclusion? Just because it was in my thread :blink: ? That wasn't my post, it was someone else's I was shocked to see someone had chosen that thread to make some flame in as was the mod who deleted it apparently, I've no idea the content of the post, to the mods credit it was gone before I saw it.... ..All my posts are still there..

I stand corrected, I see now it is missing one of my posts though it was still there when I first looked but ironically one of yours too hmmm..

Not sure why it was deleted exactly except I think maybe that was too avoid anymore of what was started and has been flamed off again lately but I wasn't going there anymore once I made my point...

JFYI you know what your implication and inference was in that post as well so don't try to play stupid and innocent..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Excuse me? How did you come to that mistaken conclusion? Just because it was in my thread :blink: ? That wasn't my post, it was someone else's I was shocked to see someone had chosen that thread to make some flame in as was the mod who deleted it apparently, I've no idea the content of the post, to the mods credit it was gone before I saw it.... ..All my posts are still there..

You are wrong cos my reply to you was deleted also ;). As l recall you made a dodgy comment cos l mentioned Dan being English and did well in an American sport. Your response to my post was shameful and ADMIN picked it up. I suspect half the forum read it. No getting out of this one Warps. But l don't care, just please do not preach until your house is in order.

You are wrong cos my reply to you was deleted also ;). As l recall you made a dodgy comment cos l mentioned Dan being English and did well in an American sport. Your response to my post was shameful and ADMIN picked it up. I suspect half the forum read it. No getting out of this one Warps. But l don't care, just please do not preach until your house is in order.

Yes and as I edited above while you were furiously typing. That post wasn't relevant to my example above and it was in MY thread.. End of...

And you're going there again, some people have a hard time with lessons learned. You're posting it out of context as it wasn't relevant to MY memorial thread of a talented, young race driver.. End of..

Edited by WarpSpeed

And you're going there again, some people have a hard time with lessons learned. You're posting it out of context as it wasn't relevant to MY memorial thread of a talented, young race driver.. End of..

OK, contact Admin to see what you wrote and was deleted. If l am lying then ask that l be suspended. Obviously your written comment was out of line and admin thought so too. sadly again you will not acknowledge when you say something wrong. ;) End of

Saw a Cruze today.

OK, contact Admin to see what you wrote and was deleted. If l am lying then ask that l be suspended. Obviously your written comment was out of line and admin thought so too. sadly again you will not acknowledge when you say something wrong. ;) End of

Saw a Cruze today.

Dear MR. Cruze you'll just have to fester on it yourself, I know what the content was, I know what your intended inference was (as do you), and I know the response I gave in MY condolence thread which was appropriate as yours wasn't. Admin doesn't understand the politics of the entire forum or between given members they only have an occasional post to go on so clearly there's no need to contact anyone regarding YOUR deleted post.. Now that it'll be that, so toddle off now...

Actually I saw a brand new one with red plates stuck in the floods poor sod :( ..

:jap: Ive had enough of superb cars, my Thai Chum has got rid of a Newish MU 3,and bought a Top Tina, its a fine ride,but hes worse than Cruze with it, visiting everyone. Funny he never did so with the Moo

So he sold a combination and bought a 2000E .

W I just read through some of the past pages, and thought I was in the wrong bl**dy section!

Thailand Cars or Thailand Ego? No offence, but guys!!

I test drove the Cruze and it was quite close to being on my pick list.

Actually have a strong contact in Thailand in Chevrolet company (i.e- client)

was offered a great deal- full options etc.

As it was my money being spent I ended up going for a smaller car.

Cruze looks good on paper, looks good in the flesh, drives decent as well, has some nice tech inside.

Edited by MisterBeetle

W I just read through some of the past pages, and thought I was in the wrong bl**dy section!

Cruze looks good on paper, looks good in the flesh, drives decent as well, has some nice tech inside.

Yes, but it's overpriced and up against some overbearingly strong competition because of that...

Yes, but it's overpriced and up against some overbearingly strong competition because of that...

Agreed, one good reason why I didn't buy one.

Mazda 3 similar money, better car IMO. Civic same.

Agreed, one good reason why I didn't buy one.

Mazda 3 similar money, better car IMO. Civic same.

But why dont you see many about. Thais love something New.

The Cruze was launched in TH in Nov 2010 - and it usually takes the Thai market 12-18 months before they really start taking notice of a new model from a (relatively) unpopular brand - so we'll know within the next 6 months or so how it's really going to do in the market..

The new Civic launches before that peak is reached though, and everyone will know about that, and I also expect Ford have already successfully generated enough brand interest to accelerate sales of the new Focus when it arrives in March 2012.

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The Cruze was launched in TH in Nov 2010 - and it usually takes the Thai market 12-18 months before they really start taking notice of a new model from a (relatively) unpopular brand - so we'll know within the next 6 months or so how it's really going to do in the market..

The new Civic launches before that peak is reached though, and everyone will know about that, and I also expect Ford have already successfully generated enough brand interest to accelerate sales of the new Focus when it arrives in March 2012.

The new Civic will definitely be the popular one IMHO.

Focus still struggling to get the thai markets attention.

Need some RS versions going around to get some more interest ;)

I saw one on a Thai TV show the other day called Love My Car? or something similar, appeared to be older model RS.

The new Civic will definitely be the popular one IMHO.

Focus still struggling to get the thai markets attention.

Need some RS versions going around to get some more interest ;)

I saw one on a Thai TV show the other day called Love My Car? or something similar, appeared to be older model RS.

I watched the program, 300hp Focus. :huh:

Yep sweet looking package, there was one on Taladrod for sale I was drooling as it had a virtual racing package and only needed to be stripped down with safety features added and it was ready to go almost as is..

Edited by WarpSpeed