Brits In Trouble Abroad: UK FCO Reports

webfact

People whinge and moan about immigrants not integrating and being a part of British society and culture yet when they do, they get put down with racist jibes and insults.

Some should be ashamed of themselves.

Why should I be ashamed of complaining that someone is pouring too much Pepsi in my milk, and my milk is beginning to taste like Pepsi?

Firstly, no one ever asked me if I even WANTED Pepsi in my milk.

Secondly; now that my milk is beginning to taste like Pepsi, I am beginning to attract Pepsi lovers, and they are complaining that my "Pepsi" tastes like milk.

You see, that concerns me. Now I have to be concerned that too many Pepsi lovers are going to make it so I have difficulty getting my milk, because they are complaining about something that someone did to attract them in the fist place, and they shouldn't even be here complaining; because I didn't want it in the first place!

Should I be ashamed of being a milk lover? I don't hate Pepsi. I respect Pepsi. Some people truly enjoy its flavor, I just want Pepsi to remain in its own container, and not interfere with my love of the taste of milk. I just want Pepsi to have its own place, and not over run the market where I can find milk, and milk only!!!

Edited by cup-O-coffee

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People whinge and moan about immigrants not integrating and being a part of British society and culture yet when they do, they get put down with racist jibes and insults.

Why should I be ashamed of complaining that someone is pouring too much Pepsi in my milk, and my milk is beginning to taste like Pepsi?

Secondly; now that my milk is beginning to taste like Pepsi, I am beginning to attract Pepsi lovers, and they are complaining that my "Pepsi" tastes like milk.

Should I be ashamed of being a milk lover? I don't hate Pepsi. I respect Pepsi. Some people truly enjoy its flavor, I just want Pepsi to remain in its own container, and not interfere with my love of the taste of milk. I just want Pepsi to have its own place, and not over run the market where I can find milk, and milk only!!!

That's a challenge .

You see, that concerns me. Now I have to be concerned that too many Pepsi lovers are going to make it so I have difficulty getting my milk, because they are complaining about something that someone did to attract them in the fist place, and they shouldn't even be here complaining; because I didn't want it in the first place!

Should've stayed in the dairy, then.

SC

SC

That's the point! Staying in the dairy flies in the face of sanity, and brings on unfair living expectations.

People raised in a dairy are leaving the dairy because there's no more milk, but they are expected to pay for the Pepsi people who have moved in and are complaining that they live in a a dairy. The Pepsi people are taking over governance of the dairy. The turn-coat leaders of the Dairy need the votes, and they pad them with immigrant's needs, that have nothing to do with the interests of those born in the dairy. They are taking over schools and crime and drugs increase in the schools. They are taking over the neighborhoods and gang-related violence, drug dealing and murder is on the increase. Slums and social welfare and healthcare are on the increase. Quality doctors are quitting their tenure at hospital and starting their own practices to avoid doing something for nothing. Pensioners, who bled for their country and worked their fingers to the bone to give their children a chance, are getting stuck with lower fixed incomes amidst rising taxes to pay for the Pepsi people's demands. Their children are seeing the future traded in for the government support of foreign immigrants (Pepsi drinkers) who have no respect that their presence is stealing other people's dreams. The Pepsi drinkers save all their money and send it home. It does not go into the economy. They bring more Pepsi drinkers to the dairy and the cycle grows in proportion. The dairy represents what the UK once was. Not now!

History shows that the first to immigrate to other countries are the rabble and criminals. In most cases their own countries promote this. Why is it any different here in the present. Did that thought occur to you? Why should these sorts go to the UK and expect a clean slate and continue the behavior that got them into trouble in the first place, with no accountability, and it simply puts a breaking stress on the legal system and infrastructure that was originally set up for milk drinkers, not Pepsi drinkers and Pepsi lovers?

Edited by cup-O-coffee

Britain is a multicultural country. Why would anyone be surprised that a Muslim of Asian descent would be a representative of the British government? Britain has people from a huge amount of ethnicities and has done for ages. I grew up in a very very multicultural and very poor area myself many many years ago. I find people's surprise, shock and in some cases indignation both amazing and appalingly dated back to a time when crass and open racism was more than tolerated. Judge people by how they are and what they do, and not by colour of skin, religion or political belief etc

Britain is a multicultural country. Why would anyone be surprised that a Muslim of Asian descent would be a representative of the British government? Britain has people from a huge amount of ethnicities and has done for ages. I grew up in a very very multicultural and very poor area myself many many years ago. I find people's surprise, shock and in some cases indignation both amazing and appalingly dated back to a time when crass and open racism was more than tolerated. Judge people by how they are and what they do, and not by colour of skin, religion or political belief etc

hammered, I totally agree with you; but don't you think there is a small bit of truth that when you mix a certain amount of culture with another, that the balance of the former culture will begin to swing into the favor of the newly introduced culture?

I am not describing the good hearts from every culture. I am describing the fact that people, if left unattended, can form a mass stampede that will trample every good thing about the place they are striving to gain, and experience.

So the question is; when does a country lose its identity and its culture for the sake of allowing so many immigrants in, that it has to ask the question, "Who are we?".

Now; with respect to the governments, such as the UK in this instance, that is a fairly easy question to discern. But what I am on about are the people; people like you and I, who feel that we are not being given the chance to have a say in the politics of allowing an influx of immigrants at such a fast rate that the system cannot handle it; nay, and even that we, the little people are being summarily pushed aside and forgotten for all we did, and all our generations did to make the environment so desirable for people fleeing their shambled countries.

So I am not describing the ages past. I am describing now! What about now. The world's population is on an increase, and people are beginning to look up and realize that the word "identity" and the defense of that word are becoming reason to bludgeon such a person with epitaphs of racist, anti-Semitic, bigot, etc.

Why are the minority allowed to defend themselves, and to press in, and the majority being squeezed into the belief that they are the minority and should step aside and give up their identity and their beliefs?

This does not serve the OP, but there is something here, I believe that might contribute to some of the "Brits" (a racist term by your implication of the definition "racist") being so violent, as they are being forced to leave their country in order to survive, and have to view from abroad the decline of everything they grew up holding sacred. Not even that; I feel quite strongly that a lot of British citizenry are beginning to realize that that the pride they have in their identity is being labeled as the shizms I described, and they are not liking. Furthermore, perhaps they feel like they are slowly being suffocated with all this politically correct crap.

There was a time when you could watch Champions League football and not have to adjust the color on your telly, because you were watching the friend of a friend, who knows someone who was on the pitch. It's about as stupid as the World Series was, but now really is the World Series being represented in each game.

Nothing wrong with that. Just don't piss on me for being proud about my identity, and then tell me it's raining, and then not letting me complain a bit because I am being forgotten and even criminalized for saying so. This isn't directed at you, hammered. Anyways, I never have had too many problems with most British citizenry of Anglo descent. That's who we are describing, aren't we? People born in Pakistan or Somalia, with UK passports, don't come here and go into pubs and start a row.

[quote

Other causes of death included drowning, falls from balconies and suicide.

While the origin of the Ambassador appears to be the biggest concern for most of the posters, the surrealistic content of the statement above seems to remain unnoticed.

SC

That's the point! Staying in the dairy flies in the face of sanity, and brings on unfair living expectations.

People raised in a dairy are leaving the dairy because there's no more milk, but they are expected to pay for the Pepsi people who have moved in and are complaining that they live in a a dairy. The Pepsi people are taking over governance of the dairy. The turn-coat leaders of the Dairy need the votes, and they pad them with immigrant's needs, that have nothing to do with the interests of those born in the dairy. They are taking over schools and crime and drugs increase in the schools. They are taking over the neighborhoods and gang-related violence, drug dealing and murder is on the increase. Slums and social welfare and healthcare are on the increase. Quality doctors are quitting their tenure at hospital and starting their own practices to avoid doing something for nothing. Pensioners, who bled for their country and worked their fingers to the bone to give their children a chance, are getting stuck with lower fixed incomes amidst rising taxes to pay for the Pepsi people's demands. Their children are seeing the future traded in for the government support of foreign immigrants (Pepsi drinkers) who have no respect that their presence is stealing other people's dreams. The Pepsi drinkers save all their money and send it home. It does not go into the economy. They bring more Pepsi drinkers to the dairy and the cycle grows in proportion. The dairy represents what the UK once was. Not now!

History shows that the first to immigrate to other countries are the rabble and criminals. In most cases their own countries promote this. Why is it any different here in the present. Did that thought occur to you? Why should these sorts go to the UK and expect a clean slate and continue the behavior that got them into trouble in the first place, with no accountability, and it simply puts a breaking stress on the legal system and infrastructure that was originally set up for milk drinkers, not Pepsi drinkers and Pepsi lovers?

You shouldn't have let your yak's milk ferment so much.

I hadn't realised we were talking in metaphors. If the dairy represents the UK, then I'd rather not talk politics - I find it a divisive topic that upsets people.

SC

you could've used something different for your analogy rather than milk and pepsi, or maybe it's just me who's noticing a possible double meaning!!

you could've used something different for your analogy rather than milk and pepsi, or maybe it's just me who's noticing a possible double meaning!!

Was there a first meaning?

SC

EDIT: I feel bad about this, because I am colour-blind...I'm not sure I understand what you are all on about....

Edited by StreetCowboy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPyVaZsbM0

Multiculturalism an epic fail.

Edited by TerraceCasual

Of course, in your analogy you choose two substances that do not mix. However, if we say rice and meat, or maybe Winter Stew (old English meal of boiled root veg in stock) and say, chilli, then we haqve3 items that can mix. Some like to stay with their bland meal becuase it is a taste they know and they have no interest in any other, some prefer the variety and realise the benefit that comes from the ability to eat either or, inddded, to mix the two. This is more to the point (analogy wise). People seem more concerned with the contsiner (plate/stew poot maybe) than the dish itself - the best dishes are complex inter-mixes of delicate tastes. Britain like most countries benefit from cross/mulit culturalism, isolationist states never prosper. Britain was a large imperial empire that spanned the world and is an old culture that has continually mixed with other peoples for over 3000 years - to call us pure is nuts, mix is good. Its PC laws and rules that create problems, not chocolate sprinkles in the ice cream - as alwaqys stupid politicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNPyVaZsbM0

Multiculturalism an epic fail.

huh?

Well put.The current Ambassador, whom I have met, seems to be a first class and well balanced chap and we should be pleased the FCO has made such an imaginative appointment.

I have to say I was appalled by the decision of the last Ambassador, Quinton Quayle, to accept employment from Khun Charoen.Having said that it doesn't have seemed to have attracted much comment.

Not sure what happened here but its pretty apparent nobody in the past page or so has read the article or what its about or can't be bothered to discuss the topic at hand rather than slam someone for their religion or their color or god knows what else. Read the article. If you can't be arsed then don't post.

Not sure what happened here but its pretty apparent nobody in the past page or so has read the article or what its about or can't be bothered to discuss the topic at hand rather than slam someone for their religion or their color or god knows what else. Read the article. If you can't be arsed then don't post.

Fair enough! However, I have had the privilege of being a member of many forums, and occasionally a certain OP will demand that the response digress minutely to make a greater point. The tag-along posts that come with that seem to make the digression expound, but at the end of the day (night comes) and it is vitally important that information is allowed to flow freely as long as it is civil and well-meant. Sorry to read that you are disappointed, but what exactly is it about he OP that strikes your fancy, or are you simply7 adding to the thing you are complaining about? DOH!? "Don't mean to come across harsh, but I do enjoy reading most of these posts. They are a hell of a lot more entertaining and informative than the newspaper or any other form of slip shod media! Cheers~!

The Ambassador is a British citizen but he is not a civil/public servant. They represent the UK in an official function, eg at a political level in the host country, they also have diplomatic immunity.

The average British citizen will in most cases never be required to contact the Ambassador, most will use the consular services.

Ambassadors are appointed positions.

The Ambassador is a British citizen but he is not a civil/public servant.

Ambassadors are appointed positions.

Wrong. British Ambassadors and High Commisioners are all civil servants working for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.They are appointed by the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs who is head of the Foreign Office and an elected poilitician.When Ambassadors finish their term they either retire if old enough or move to another position.There is no open competition for Ambassadorial posts but these days more well qualified outsiders are brought in mid career at which point they also become civil servants.

John Bull asHead of an Islamic Peace Deligation makes as much sence..Does a bit of paper make me something im not.The Worlds gone Mad.:realangry:

Don't really understand your point " bit of paper" What??? Last week when on my annual pilgramage to UK I happened to watch part of the Commons Public Accounts Committee hearing on aircraft carriers. The MP's questions were answered by Rear Admiral Amjad Hussain CB, Senior Responsible Owner, Director (Precision Attack), and Controller of Navy and I must say that if I closed my eyes and listened I would never have guessed the guy's colour,religion and he sounded more English than I do:-)

The caliber of the staff at an embassy is an indicator of the importance of the host country to the originating country. I would think that a Moslem Ambassador would be most useful in an Islamic country, he would be more in tune with the culture of that country. Having a Moslem dealing with mostly Christians in a Buddhist country, sounds like the classic square peg in the round hole.

This is the most to the point, and sensible comment about the new Ambassador in this thread.

Was he really the best man for the job? There are a lot of other factors of course, but this does seem to be important. Can he easily understand and empathise with the Thai/Buddhist attitudes he will find here? Some Muslims I have met have been the least flexible and understanding people; except maybe orthodox Jews.

As for 'The Report' who trusts statistics? The FCO seem to.

Very racist and insulting.

Obviously the FCO seem to think he is the best man for the job and his origin or religion has no bearing on the performance of his duties

There is nothing racist in this thread, the problem today is it is often difficult to speak the truth for fear of insulting someone or being politically incorrect.

Good Post in that it reminds us that there are many people who consider their opinion to be the "truth". I have always thought that the truth is a verifiable fact. Please tell what truth you feel unable to share with us for fear of insulting someone being non PC

As for the report, who trusts statistics?

People who make decisions based on observed data instead of knee-jerk prejudice, I suppose.

ANyway, whether we trust them or not, we listen to what they have to say, make a considered judgement on why they say what they say, whether there is any underlying truth, and then make up our own minds.

As Churchill said (not in these exact words)

"When new facts emerge that contradict my opinion, I change my opinion. What do you do?"

SC