Return Of The Sonic

nellyp

I have had my bike back for a few days now,the total cost for the bike to be done was 3,300 which was for the re-bore and new piston, valves ground and re-seated,Carb cleaned, new gaskets, spark plug, and timing chain. New speedo cable,front headlight fairing and rear panel above the back light. new front fork on one side, plus oils etc.I also have a part that has been replaced that I have no clue what it is.It has more pull than before, but they seem to have set the idle too high and I can still hear a ticking from the engine that I thought was the valves. Where would you hear the noise of valves on the sonic engine? and will me altering the idle alter the fuel mixture. I am still worried about the lean running situation. I have not had a look at the plug yet as i have no spanner. Something that I find a little strange is that if I try to start from cold and use the choke it will not start at all, but if the engine warms up a little and I put the choke on it will run. Is this bad?

I am happy with the price for the work but am still not too sure of the quality of it, and if it has been set up correctly I guess only time will tell.

Cheers all