Happiness Index For Thais Drops

webfact

How about a city centre anti congestion tax, say 500 baht a day entry fee to a predefined central zone for private cars Monday to Friday, exemption for business deliveries, public transport, taxis etc.

Reduce traffic and/or create revenue to upgrade alternative travel modes

Great Idea. We can have surveillance cameras, databases, enforcement officers, fines, appeals tribunals, endless arguments about whether diplomatic vehicles are exempt etc etc. It will be just like living in a well regulated highly taxed european city, should really cheer everyone up!

and on a positive note...free moving traffic.....less pollution.....so many people happy......except the ones who always look on the negative side of course!.......never will please everybody....

I read an article on the way Thai people feel about the way things have been (past tense); generally about issues over the last several years that would bring on these feelings.

What I read in the posts to this article are nothing more than innuendos about Thaksin's failed government healthcare plan, which failed due to his opponents creating delay in the funding to assist with subsidies the hospitals and practitioners to perform their Hippocratic oath to the sick and needy. Government healthcare around the world has always been a failure.

<snip>

Given that Thaksin had support of quite a majority of MPs in his governments, exactly how did his opponents delay funding? If they could delay funding, wouldn't they have also delayed the healthcare plan itself? Me thinks you're talking BS on this one.

Perhaps the original happiness level was assessed after the PTP win......bound to be a little deflation considering the long wait for the entrance of the new government........but here they are.....happiness decline about to be reversed.....

The start of the new government was always going to be in August. The things that they are unhappy about:

political instability, power play among government officials, economic downturn, rising cost of living, flooding and other natural disasters as well as poor infrastructure.

... won't be improving any time soon.

Perhaps the original happiness level was assessed after the PTP win......bound to be a little deflation considering the long wait for the entrance of the new government........but here they are.....happiness decline about to be reversed.....

The start of the new government was always going to be in August. The things that they are unhappy about:

political instability, power play among government officials, economic downturn, rising cost of living, flooding and other natural disasters as well as poor infrastructure.

... won't be improving any time soon.

Well I would suggest for a start the storm and flooding season will abate and improve in a couple of months, although I will not try to give credit to the government on that one, seasonal change. Perhaps the government may look to take preventative measures for the coming years?

Political instability is no longer, as long as PTP are allowed to govern

Power play among government officials, well as the high ranking government officials are not yet in place....must be a hangover from the last government

economic downturn, rising prices, let us see what measures are put in place when the government is actually in position

Poor infrastructure......well I think that is a historic and valid complaint, again referring to the past rather than the future, as no person would expect a new rail network and other improvements to be in place before the transport minister!

So in reality the concerns are valid, the historical nothing ever changes attitude will filter in until the current government is given a chance to show this need not always be the case.....then the happiness meter will begin it's pre destined rise

Edited by 473geo