Another Boundary Dispute

We purchased some land about 6 months ago on one side was a mound marking the boundary which had been there for years now the land owner says that some of the boundary is on his land to cut a long story short I got the land remeasured by the land office it seems that what he thought was the land marker was not for our boarder but was for the land to the right of ours and the proper marker was another 6 meters further on what he thought was his land which he disagrees with When I check the measurements on our Chanode the Land Office measurement is over 4 meters less than what our Chanode measures which on a boundary of 232 mtrs long it is quite a bit of land it would also mean that the boundary is completely on our land At the moment we are waiting for the Land Office to arrange a meeting to sort out the problem but I would like some advice on what to do next

Didn't you have the land surveyed and marker posts confirmed when purchased six months ago? There are two copies of the Chanote, one held by the Land Office and the other in your hands. Are you saying that the measurements recorded on them are not the same? Ask to see the Land Office copy and compare the two. Unless you have a bogus Chanote, the land recorded thereon is what's legally yours.

Didn't you have the land surveyed and maThought rker posts confirmed when purchased six months ago? There are two copies of the Chanote, one held by the Land Office and the other in your hands. Are you saying that the measurements recorded on them are not the same? Ask to see the Land Office copy and compare the two. Unless you have a bogus Chanote, the land recorded thereon is what's legally yours.

I thought that the 4 markers were there and the mound followed the markers but i have since found out there is a missing marker

We went to the Land Office and they over laid there copy on ours and they were the same but they then got 3 sets of maps out and checked the measurements on them and arrived at a measurement of about 5 mtrs smaller than ours they did not seem to worry about the difference

So now nobody seems to know what is correct