How Do You Download A Movie

thaimate

Okay ,i know i dont know zilch ,but please can anyone help ,ive downloaded some movies from a file share to my computer ,now so that we can watch them on our tv ,what do you have to do to copy them on to a dvd? in easy steps please :)

Edited by thaimate

Copy file to USB flashdrive with enough memory.

Stick it in the tv if it has a USB or a DVD player with a USB.

Or burn on a burnable disk and play on DVD player.

The USB option is better if you will be doing this a lot.

Edited by Jingthing

I currently used ConvertXtoDVD available on most torrent sites. Use this to convert files into files that can be put onto a DVD. I am going to change soon to using a Media Player so just gonna download the files and keep them on the hard drive of the Media Player.

At this time am converting Super 8 onto DVD.

Edited by beano2274

Does it allow for subtitles to be added to the movie during conversion?

I like convertxtodvd as you can add the subtitles file, and it is incorporated into the menu at the beginning of the movie, and it is also a free program.

Does it allow for subtitles to be added to the movie during conversion?

I like convertxtodvd as you can add the subtitles file, and it is incorporated into the menu at the beginning of the movie, and it is also a free program.

yes it says you can ,but i am not worried ,the only reason i want to put them on to disc ,is so that the wife and i can sit in comfort and watch them on the tv , after that i dont want them :)

why not get the cables so that you can use the TV as the computer monitor, and just download the movies as usual, then watch on the TV, then delete them after you have seeded to a ratio of 1:1.

Edited by beano2274

why not get the cables so that you can use the TV as the computer monitor, and just download the movies as usual, then watch on the TV, then delete them after you have seeded to a ratio of 1:1.

I cant do this as the computer i use is in the spare room upstairs ,but i do have an .appleTV which is a little gizmo that i picked up in the UK (they dont sell it here in the apple shop) you plug it into your tv via an ht lead then you can watch you tube on your tv ,nice little piece of equipment

I cant do this as the computer i use is in the spare room upstairs ,but i do have an .appleTV which is a little gizmo that i picked up in the UK (they dont sell it here in the apple shop) you plug it into your tv via an ht lead then you can watch you tube on your tv ,nice little piece of equipment

Why don't you use your AppleTV to stream the movie off your computer ?

you cant unfortunatly ,it wont let you ,only you tube ,plus loads of stuff that i dont want ,like radio stations ,and movies you buy from apple .

Edited by thaimate

you cant unfortunatly ,it wont let you ,only you tube ,plus loads of stuff that i dont want ,like radio stations ,and movies you buy from apple .

Put i-tunes on your PC and add your media (Movies/Tv shows) to the i-tunes library then you can stream it to your AppleTV, how is your appletv connected too your network ?

Or if your know a bit about computing, you can put XBMC on your Apple TV then store all your films in one directory on the PC and XBMC will stream it to TV in HD and automaticaly download all the movie information and posters etc. I use XBMC in combination with SickBeard and a usenet account to automaticaly downoad every TV Series I am interested in from anywhere in the world. As they are broadcast they appear in XBMC for me to watch. All HD Quality No Thai subtitles or editing.

Chris

Or if your know a bit about computing, you can put XBMC on your Apple TV then store all your films in one directory on the PC and XBMC will stream it to TV in HD and automaticaly download all the movie information and posters etc. I use XBMC in combination with SickBeard and a usenet account to automaticaly downoad every TV Series I am interested in from anywhere in the world. As they are broadcast they appear in XBMC for me to watch. All HD Quality No Thai subtitles or editing.

Chris

Chris

as you may have gathered i am an expert on computers ,i now know how to switch it on and get sound :D you lost me after "if you know a bit about computing"

Spoonman

its connected by a wireless router.

Also how can i download movies on my computer to my i tunes ? help :(

Dont need to download them to your itunes just add them to the itunes library, you will need to have itunes and your appletv sync'd though.

Edited by Spoonman

Spoonman

its connected by a wireless router.

Also how can i download movies on my computer to my i tunes ? help :(

Dont need to download them to your itunes just add them to the itunes library, you will need to have itunes and your appletv sync'd though.

yes i have done this and infact have moved a movie to i tunes ,but---it only accepts movies on mpeg-4 or h.264 it seems.

My son downloaded dvdflick that was free onto his laptop ,but the download of a film froze.

DVD Flick is very buggy (at least it was the last time I used it). Stick with ConvertX, it's far more reliable in my experience, though, as already pointed out, it isn't free (legally anyway).