Taxi From Bangkok To Kanchanaburi

wellred

Hi all,

As mentioned I will need to go from Bangkok to Kanchanaburi. I know there are coaches and trains I can take but id rather get a cab. How much am I looking at? 2500? Also can I just get one as I exit the airport or should I book something like this in advance?

If anyone here has any reliable contacts who won't rip me off id be most appreciated if they can share their contact details. I found this place but some of their pages don't even work.

http://www.bangkoktaxiairport.com/contact.html

Thanks,

Edited by wellred

Hop into a Taxi and you will see a list of the fares to every province in Thailand. As most taxi drivers come from Isarn , you can sometimes get a discount ,IF you are going to Isarn .Why? They will use you to pay, so that they can visit their families.!!! Not such a bad system ,Agreed? Going to Kan , by taxi ,maybe no discount

Hi

You could try a taxi driver / guide, i use a lot for trips - her name is sonya, she has a large toyota camray 4x4 very comfortable.

you can contact her by email [email protected] or telephone 081 363 2326 she speaks very good english

best wishes

Good idea, but check out the official fare in any taxi first.. So that you will know if you are being ripped-off or not.

My aunt and uncle catch a cab from the airport in BKK to Muang Kan for about 1500 one way several times a year. When you exit the airport go to the taxi stand and tell them where you want to go. They will find a taxi that will be willing to take you. You may have to wait a bit for them to find one willing. It must be metered, so no haggling, he won't risk losing his airport privileges because your slip will have his taxi license number on it with a complaint phone line.

I have used Sonya and she is very good. I had lost her card ,so thanks mallorca284673 for her contact details again.

If you have no luck with Sonya , PM me and i can give you phone numbers of a couple of Taxi drivers who we use a lot and they have become friends over the years . Their English is basic at best tho.

Edited by xen

My aunt and uncle catch a cab from the airport in BKK to Muang Kan for about 1500 one way several times a year. When you exit the airport go to the taxi stand and tell them where you want to go. They will find a taxi that will be willing to take you. You may have to wait a bit for them to find one willing. It must be metered, so no haggling, he won't risk losing his airport privileges because your slip will have his taxi license number on it with a complaint phone line.

To be clear ... Although the taxi needs to be metered, they don't use the meter on long trips and this is why they all have the price list hanging from the back of the front seats.

• 4 weeks later...