Volvo 940 Costs

Hi

I find myself needing more space than my car has and was thinking of a 940 estate. Does anyone have experience of running one of these over here? Parts servicing costs? Figured I would put a LPG system in using a donut tank in place of the spare wheel.

Cheers

Wheel well isn't very big. ;)

Big enough.

Lots of them running around in Europe with this conversion.

Hmmmm, interesting but it looks small. What is the mileage range of this conversion.? :)

I miss my old 760 :(

Not sure, probably 50-60 litre tank so would actually hold around 40-50 litres. Never had a Volvo so not to savy as to the consumption. But 95% of my driving is around town, rarely go on longer trips so not to worried about the range, if I only had 200+ km from it that would be fine.

as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems.

Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto

as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems.

Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto

Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting.

Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting.

yep, vios/yaris have very deep wells, actually raised trunk floor. so does accord

yep, vios/yaris have very deep wells, actually raised trunk floor. so does accord

Ahh! I see.

Ahh! I see.

But does not the Volvo also have a storage compartment above the spare wheel? That would allow more depth.

Small tank is fine for my needs. But, what about spares availability/cost? Was told before I had my W123 300D that it would be expensive and hard to locate parts but over the past 5years things have been cheap and plentiful. Have yet to have an unreasonable/expensive bill! Think people were scared off by the Mercedes name!