August 8, 201115 yr Hi I find myself needing more space than my car has and was thinking of a 940 estate. Does anyone have experience of running one of these over here? Parts servicing costs? Figured I would put a LPG system in using a donut tank in place of the spare wheel. Cheers
August 8, 201115 yr Author Wheel well isn't very big. Big enough. Lots of them running around in Europe with this conversion. Edited August 8, 201115 yr by nakhonsi sean
August 10, 201115 yr Wheel well isn't very big. Big enough. Lots of them running around in Europe with this conversion. Hmmmm, interesting but it looks small. What is the mileage range of this conversion.? I miss my old 760
August 10, 201115 yr Author Wheel well isn't very big. Big enough. Lots of them running around in Europe with this conversion. Hmmmm, interesting but it looks small. What is the mileage range of this conversion.? I miss my old 760 Not sure, probably 50-60 litre tank so would actually hold around 40-50 litres. Never had a Volvo so not to savy as to the consumption. But 95% of my driving is around town, rarely go on longer trips so not to worried about the range, if I only had 200+ km from it that would be fine.
August 10, 201115 yr as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems. Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto
August 11, 201115 yr Author as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems. Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting.
August 12, 201115 yr as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems. Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting. yep, vios/yaris have very deep wells, actually raised trunk floor. so does accord
August 12, 201115 yr Author as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems. Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting. yep, vios/yaris have very deep wells, actually raised trunk floor. so does accord Ahh! I see.
August 12, 201115 yr Author as far as I know 900 was never manufactored here, but 850/V70 was. So assume in TH 850/V70 parts more easy to source at reasonable price. In addition 2,5 2 valve runs LPG for +500k km without problems. Doughnut tank in 15" sparewheel room is 30 liter netto as I recall, appox 250km. You cold alos cut out square floor making room for twin cylinders, approx 50-60 liter netto Friend has a 52 litre tank in a Vios, that has 14" wheels. That fits in without any cutting. yep, vios/yaris have very deep wells, actually raised trunk floor. so does accord Ahh! I see. But does not the Volvo also have a storage compartment above the spare wheel? That would allow more depth.
August 12, 201115 yr Ahh! I see. But does not the Volvo also have a storage compartment above the spare wheel? That would allow more depth. Havent seen a Volvo trunk floor in ages, so cant remember. Can remember the V70 2,5 factory LPG
August 12, 201115 yr Ahh! I see. But does not the Volvo also have a storage compartment above the spare wheel? That would allow more depth. Very little, perhaps 2 inches. (as l recall)
August 13, 201115 yr Author Small tank is fine for my needs. But, what about spares availability/cost? Was told before I had my W123 300D that it would be expensive and hard to locate parts but over the past 5years things have been cheap and plentiful. Have yet to have an unreasonable/expensive bill! Think people were scared off by the Mercedes name!
August 13, 201115 yr How about thinking about one of these instead. 16 seats just throw out what you don't want, and walla loads of space. Edited August 13, 201115 yr by Kwasaki
Create an account or sign in to comment