London Riots Spread South Of Thames

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the police should move in with the water canons and send these little shits back where they came from. attacking old ladies in there house and burning down shops and these community leaders are still saying they don't want the police to over react. this just shows that the whites in england are losing power more and more all the time and they are afraid to upset other ethnic groups.

and i am not being racist,just saying what i believe from seeing interviews giving on tv.

If ever there was a reason to bring all the troops home and put them to better use, it's now.

The thugs can in turn be given uniforms and sent where the troops just came from......the more remote and dangerous the better.

Rioting Widens in London and Spread Elsewhere

By RAVI SOMAIYA, JOHN F. BURNS and ALAN COWELL

Published: August 9, 2011

LONDON The rioting and looting that convulsed poorer sections of London over the weekend spread Monday and early Tuesday to at least eight new districts in the metropolitan area and broke out for the first time in Britains second-largest city, Birmingham, in what was developing into the worst outbreak of social unrest in Britain in 25 years.

Unrest was also reported by the police in several other cities, including Liverpool, Nottingham and Bristol, as well as in three towns in the county of Kent, southeast of the capital. An enormous fire consumed a large warehouse in the Enfield section of London after a similar blaze ripped through a furniture store in Croydon. In one incident, three people were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder for trying to run down a police officer with a car as he tried to stop looting in Brent, north London, the police said.

Read more:

www.nytimes.com/2011/08/10/world/europe/10britain.html

HOW LOW CAN IT GO?

Forced to strip naked in the street: Shocking scenes as rioters steal clothes and rifle through bags as people make their way home

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 8:31 AM on 9th August 2011

This is the shocking moment a young man apparently hands over his clothes to thieves after being ordered to strip naked. Another picture which emerged overnight shows an unnamed woman completely naked next to a police officer after seemingly having her clothes taken from her.

Elsewhere a bleeding boy is shown being assisted by a group of youths - who then rob him as they help him to his feet.

article-2024001-0D5C79E500000578-820_308x185.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2024001/Forced-strip-naked-street-Shocking-scenes-rioters-steal-clothes-rifle-bags-people-make-way-home.html#ixzz1UW8u7DC3

Edited by Maestro
Added quote tags, title and byline, link to source

The sociologists are now explaining things in the newspapers:

Looters found ways to justify their actions, [criminologist and youth culture expert Professor John] Pitts added. "They feel they can rationalise it by targeting big corporations. There is a sense that the companies have lots of money, while they have very little." Combined with a lack of intervention from police and increasing lawlessness, the combination was explosive: " [Looters] quickly see that police cannot control the situation, which leads to a sort of adrenalin-fuelled euphoria – suddenly you are in control and there is nothing anyone can do."

Dr Paul Bagguley, a sociologist at the University of Leeds, said looting was a common feature of most riots but a mixture of practical reasons could have increased its extent. Rising unemployment was important not only as a catalyst of unrest, but because it meant more people were unoccupied on the streets leading to "biographical availability". "It's a straightforward argument, but powerful. Without jobs people are more likely to be hanging around the streets. Also there are simply more desirable, portable consumer goods to steal than ever before."

Read more: www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/looting-fuelled-by-social-exclusion

Our liberal friends venting their anger & frustration.

"Well I went down to the demonstration; to get my fair share of abuse"

"Sayin' we're gonna vent our frustration; if we don't we gonna blow a 50 amp fuse"

Jagger/Richards

I wonder if the TEA party will get around to burning cars & looting stores?

Unfortunately, when you trim services like Police to the bone - they feel (are) more vulnerable and often act in ways they wouldn't if they had enough resources.

Absolutely, and that's why they let hundreds of looters carry on - in full view - with their crimes. Arresting them would take 2-3 officers off the front line to process the arrest, and weaken their presence on the street. Also, it is considered that breaking up a concentration of such criminals would make them spread to other parts of town, causing problems over a wider area.

After the Brixton riots in the 80's - according to the BBC website:

Lord Scarman made the point that if the police have a conflict between maintaining the Queen's peace and enforcing the law then maintaining the peace trumps enforcing the law.

It's also worth noting that when a police officer is sworn in as a constable the oath they take says nothing about enforcing the law. They are not duty-bound to enforce the law.

Hopefully this answers those who are wondering why more arrests weren't made.

The sociologists are now explaining things in the newspapers:

Looters found ways to justify their actions, [criminologist and youth culture expert Professor John] Pitts added. "They feel they can rationalise it by targeting big corporations. There is a sense that the companies have lots of money, while they have very little." Combined with a lack of intervention from police and increasing lawlessness, the combination was explosive: " [Looters] quickly see that police cannot control the situation, which leads to a sort of adrenalin-fuelled euphoria – suddenly you are in control and there is nothing anyone can do."

Dr Paul Bagguley, a sociologist at the University of Leeds, said looting was a common feature of most riots but a mixture of practical reasons could have increased its extent. Rising unemployment was important not only as a catalyst of unrest, but because it meant more people were unoccupied on the streets leading to "biographical availability". "It's a straightforward argument, but powerful. Without jobs people are more likely to be hanging around the streets. Also there are simply more desirable, portable consumer goods to steal than ever before."

Read more: www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/aug/08/looting-fuelled-by-social-exclusion

Ah, the grauniad, so bloody typical, apologists for the actions of criminal scum masks their detesting the British middle class who pay the welfare checks for the growing underclass. If they haven't got jobs bring back national service and then they might see how lucky they are.

Interesting that groups of Turkish shopkeepers and Mosque goers basically chased off looters in their areas of east, south east and north london. More interesting was when interviewed they blamed government and police for what had happened.

350 people arrested, 69 charged

Does that mean that they arrested 281 people without just cause?

I suspect so.

Do you think it is right and proper to arrest 6x the number of people you charge?

Clearly some of you do.

I have only just joined this forum and am actually shocked by the 'hang 'em high' posters here.

I know little about Thailand, not got out of Ko San Road yet but If this is the sort of person I am most likely to encounter in Thailand, I won't be staying long.

Or maybe some of you should have moved to Argentina with the rest.

Edited by ludditeman

I suspect so.

Do you think it is right and proper to arrest 6x the number of people you charge?

Clearly some of you do.

I have only just joined this forum and am actually shocked by the 'hang 'em high' posters here.

I know little about Thailand, not got out of Ko San Road yet but If this is the sort of person I am most likely to encounter in Thailand, I won't be staying long.

hang em high nutters always dominate these kind of threads and they seem to make up a large segment of the expat community especially those found in "entertainment venues". sad really.

No, that means they probably had just cause to arrest them (under the law) but know that taking them before some Madam magistrate the next day for a slap on the wrist isn't worth their time and effort. I suspect that the 69 charged are more serious and they will get punished, like 2 days of hell watching Big Brother or something else that makes the punishment fit the crime..

I suspect so.

Clearly some of you do.

hang em high nutters always dominate these kind of threads and they seem to make up a large segment of the expat community especially those found in "entertainment venues". sad really.

How do you know where they are, track their IP's? By the way I thought Thailand in it's entirety is an entertainment venue.

Wow, you're really getting the best out of your Thai trip aren't you?

Haven't got out of Kao San Rd and so bored you've joined TV sick.gif.......sounds like you really know how to have a great time.........might be short of cash and more likely you CAN'T stay long........bye.guitar.gif

I suspect so.

Clearly some of you do.

How do you know where they are, track their IP's? By the way I thought Thailand in it's entirety is an entertainment venue.

No I mean they aint posting on here and in bars at the same time. Oh wait.... or maybe they are

I suspect so.

Clearly some of you do.

Bye Bye. :violin:

We used to joke: Red sky at night, Tottenham's alight. Now it's not so funny.

The titans of Broadwater Farm — Barmy Bernie Grant, Dolly Kiffin et al — have either died or are but a distant memory.

All bar one, that is.

Right on cue Red Ken popped up to blame the weekend's riots on Tory spending 'cuts'.

There speaks the true voice of a man forever stuck in 1985.

You might at least tip a nod in Richard Littlejohn's direction before quoting him word for word from todays Daily Mail, and passing them off as your own original thoughts! You must be a little desperate, Dan!

Hi all

This is all very real and rather scary,

My cousin in 19 living in Birmingham to study, he is one of these types that work to support himself to study but the shop he work in has been looted and damaged, they were locked in there whilst the looters were savaging the front of the store. He was to say the least scared. Where does it go from here, now he is locked in his accomidation ot sure if it is safe to go out for food, it is bad ??

What next there is a very serious lack of control over this situation does not raise confidence in the already weak infrastructure of the country. It takes a group of angry young people to cause this much disruption !!!!

Bring in the Army and give them a day to say their bit and go home to get on with whatever they normally do Monday to Friday. Then if they do not disperse use sensible force to encourage them.

:whistling: :whistling: