London'S Burning

uptheos

West Ham game off tomorrow.

England v Holland could follow on Wednesday.

Saturday fixtures in London doubtful.

Riots1_482x449.jpgEngland chaos! Riots threaten Wembley friendly as cricketers locked in hotelEngland’s football and cricket teams found themselves caught up in Britain’s riot madness. Fabio Capello’s footballers were waiting to hear if their friendly against Holland at Wembley will be called off because of trouble across London.

Edited by uptheos

Too right.

After the moron that is the media, reporting that there were riots and a few miles away mass scale looting as the police were concentrating on other things.

Its the oldest scam in the book, cause a diversion and aim for the valubles.

The UK's potically correctness makes my sick......

If my business had been ruined or at least at risk I'ld be calling for rubber bullets and tear gas.

All this chaos won't happen in Sheffield of course, as there's nothing worth rioting for.

Edited by soihok

i'm not sure what political correctness has got to do with it.

i am in london at the moment, in clapham in fact. it is absolutely bloody surreal and really sad. however if anything happens to disrupt the weekend's premier league fixtures and i don't get to see the reds at anfield i am going to go postal.

there's only one solution to this. Move the capital to Manchester :D

We're all heading up there this morning...rolleyes.gif

post-4641-1156694005.gif

Edit: We hear the"shopping" is good up there....

rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif

Edit: Bang & Olufsen beats Curry's in Wood Green by some distance innit? biggrin.gif

Edited by smokie36

there's only one solution to this. Move the capital to Manchester :D

"A marauding gang of up to 200 youths, most of them masked or wearing hoodies, fought a running battle with police in Manchester, kicking in windows of supermarkets, jewellery stores and mobile phone shops in a re-run of London's riots on Sunday night. The mob had almost total control of the city centre streets for more than an hour and a half."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Political correctness in the form of holding back in case some rioter gets injured.

Rubber bullets and tier gas please.

Absolutely.

If they want to behave like animals, shove them on an Island and them run riot with each other. They'll soon be crying to mummy wanting to come home.

Political correctness in the form of holding back in case some rioter gets injured.

Absolutely.

If they want to behave like animals, shove them on an Island and them run riot with each other. They'll soon be crying to mummy wanting to come home.

Enough right wingers here even for Citeh! biggrin.gif

Absolutely.

How things have changed since '81!!

They tried rioting in Manchester, after Toxteth started up.

Fortunately the Chief Constable at that time was James Anderton, who made sure the problem was sorted!! Lots of overtime :whistling: but unfortunately in todays day and age, nobody in authority has any balls. Political correctness gone mad!!

well that really isn't what political correctness is but hey-ho.

think the police have been holding back for a couple of reasons really. one that they're making a subtle point to the government about cutbacks and how needed they are and two that these rioters will fight them back. the met didn't hold back when it came to hippies armed with mung beans at the g20 protests did they?

Absolutely.

Didn't we have one of those big barren islands, somewhere near New Guinea wink.gif

think the police have been holding back for a couple of reasons really. one that they're making a subtle point to the government about cutbacks and how needed they are and two that these rioters will fight them back. the met didn't hold back when it came to hippies armed with mung beans at the g20 protests did they?

I bet the police would love to kick the crap out of these lawless thieveing cnuts, but I agree, only after they make their political point that the proposed cuts in police budgets must be restored.

I bet the police would love to kick the crap out of these lawless thieveing cnuts, but I agree, only after they make their political point that the proposed cuts in police budgets must be restored.

Beat the crap out of them, with total zero tolerance, and it will stop very quickly. They are doing it because they can, simple as that. The point has to be made, that if it happens again it will be very very painful for the rioters, or, it will happen again at the next oppotunity and the country's credibility will be further damaged. How embarrassing is this for a country thats holding the olympics next year. :whistling:

Spray them all with Luminescent green indelible ink. Anybody found with that on their person will be arrested on sight. They will then be too scared to go outdoors for a couple of months and so can't be out rioting and looting.

Now that's a great idea.

It could also have a foul stench.