Tabian Bahn, Advantages Of Getting Ones Name Put In It.

Carlosm

As others already said: a house book for a Thai national is in a BLUE book.

As a foreigner you can qualify for a YELLOW house book.

The yellow house books makes daily business a little easier (bank account, car buying, no spearate certificate of residence nec. e.g.).

Also the foreigner gest a 14 digit personal ID which easily indentifies you in the administration (like a Thai ID card).

Unconfirmed reports say, that you can even use the state health system (for free).

The latter one is highly disputed and if one knows the system he might refrain :blink:

I can confirm that I was issued a Thai health card along with my yellow book.

That is interesting, we got a house 2 weeks ago, my g/f has yet to get a thai health card, when she does and I go to get the yellow book, do I /she have to ask for the thai health card or is it just given to me? What access does it give you?

My health card was delivered to our house whilst I was out and I have no idea by whom. I did not request one and had no idea it would be issued as a consequebce of applying for the yellow house book. Sorry for the lack of details.

If I want to I can make use of the government hospitals and local health centers free of charge.

Don't need to nor intend to as I have my own health insurance but it's nice to know there is an extra safety net.

The yellow house books makes daily business a little easier (bank account, car buying, no spearate certificate of residence nec. e.g.).

Also the foreigner gest a 14 digit personal ID which easily indentifies you in the administration (like a Thai ID card).

Unconfirmed reports say, that you can even use the state health system (for free).

The latter one is highly disputed and if one knows the system he might refrain :blink:

Obtaining the Tabien Baan Leung (Yellow Book) is somewhat problematic though depending where you live. For example, my Amphur head clerk has never done one before and will not issue me one even though I've lived here >3 years full-time. Brought my Pooyai Baan into the office as further proof of my veracity but no go. :(

Hi Boon Mee, are you STILL trying to get that tabien ban? That is disgraceful! I am not surprised tho, live out in the middle of nowhere with no farangs and they have no idea how to do things.

That is interesting, we got a house 2 weeks ago, my g/f has yet to get a thai health card, when she does and I go to get the yellow book, do I /she have to ask for the thai health card or is it just given to me? What access does it give you?

It will give you the benefits of the former 30Baht (now free) health care. Don't expect to much care though.

Hi Boon Mee, are you STILL trying to get that tabien ban? That is disgraceful! I am not surprised tho, live out in the middle of nowhere with no farangs and they have no idea how to do things.

That's about the size of it. I did see one other Farang in Tescos the other day but that's a rarity.

One thing I'm considering is the lack of any Tea Money offered to the head clerk when I went into her office with my Pooyai. I had asked beforehand what Pooyai recommended and she (yeah, the Mayor of my Moo Baan is a gal)said, "let's see first if the clerk is going to provide the document before handing over the envelope (2K Baht which I've heard is about the 'right' price for such transactions). So, no money was handed over. But, looking back, the sight of that envelope might have persuaded this cantankerous old biddy who rules the Samchuk office with an iron fist.

I do have my Thai Driver's license and don't absolutely have to have the Yellow Book but, as prior posters have pointed out, it's good to have for several reasons.

Hi boon mee did they give you a reason for not issuing one?

I was the first farang in my area to get one and they consulted 'the bible'(a book of rules and instructions) all amphurs have. They even asked head office in Bangkok for clarification on something.

A friend of mine who got his after mine had an easier time simply because the amphur knew the process.

One explanation could be that they are scared of making a mistake. So logically if they dont give you one thay cant make a mistake!

Or as you suspect a contribution may be expected. Unpalatable but maybe cheaper than having to obtain an embassy letter that may be required.

Good luck.

Hi boon mee did they give you a reason for not issuing one?

I was the first farang in my area to get one and they consulted 'the bible'(a book of rules and instructions) all amphurs have. They even asked head office in Bangkok for clarification on something.

A friend of mine who got his after mine had an easier time simply because the amphur knew the process.

One explanation could be that they are scared of making a mistake. So logically if they dont give you one thay cant make a mistake!

Or as you suspect a contribution may be expected. Unpalatable but maybe cheaper than having to obtain an embassy letter that may be required.

Good luck.

No stated reason I could figure out. That's the rub too. I brought in the Embassy Letter which cost me a day's trip to Wireless Road and $50 USD and the old bitty at my Amphur didn't even consider it. Suspect you are right re they are scared of making a mistake but, I also suspect a bit of anti-farang attitude too. Which I cannot figure out as there are only a handful of use in northern Suphanburi.

Edited by Boon Mee

Another option may be going to your nearest city Amphur and seeing if they can help.

I once got a letter from the main amphur from Kanchanaburi confirming my address when my local amphur wouldn't issue one.

They even called my local amphur and told them to do their job properly in the future and lo and behold next time I needed the letter from my local amphur it was issued without hassle.

Another option may be going to your nearest city Amphur and seeing if they can help.

I once got a letter from the main amphur from Kanchanaburi confirming my address when my local amphur wouldn't issue one.

They even called my local amphur and told them to do their job properly in the future and lo and behold next time I needed the letter from my local amphur it was issued without hassle.

Hi guys, when the Thai wife did mine for me the first port of call was the 'tessabahn' office which had all the paperwork there. Needed my Thai wifes parents and the 'poo yai bahn' to attend as well. There was an interview about the usual... how long have you been here, parents name etc etc, copy of passport and they sent it off to the Amphur to process, about two weeks. I've asked since and the big chief at the tessabahn said that once they've issued the Amphur with the filled out paperwork they can't refuse (or ask for tea money).

I have my yellow tabian baan, and indeed its makes things much more easy if you dealing with en civil servant and all other kind of offices.

But now I read that some members have en health insurance card, does somebody can inform me were to get it.

I live in Nonthaburi.

I have my own hospital insurance but for small things it could be a benefit to have one.

Thanks in advance

Hi Boon Mee,, pity about your experiences re the Tabien Baan since I have been watching this post closely with interest,,, Oh, by the way, maybe it was myself you saw in Tesco's the other day,

That's about the size of it. I did see one other Farang in Tescos the other day but that's a rarity.

One thing I'm considering is the lack of any Tea Money offered to the head clerk when I went into her office with my Pooyai. I had asked beforehand what Pooyai recommended and she (yeah, the Mayor of my Moo Baan is a gal)said, "let's see first if the clerk is going to provide the document before handing over the envelope (2K Baht which I've heard is about the 'right' price for such transactions). So, no money was handed over. But, looking back, the sight of that envelope might have persuaded this cantankerous old biddy who rules the Samchuk office with an iron fist.

I do have my Thai Driver's license and don't absolutely have to have the Yellow Book but, as prior posters have pointed out, it's good to have for several reasons.

It will give you the benefits of the former 30Baht (now free) health care. Don't expect to much care though.

Misconceptions abound. The care provided with the "health card" is sufficient to treat you for what ails you, with no frills. With private care (paying) the queues are much shorter, the service much friendlier and there is a greater choice as to the actual medicines available, however, the underlying treatment for the most part remains the same.

I do believe, however, that those people who received cards when they received their Yellow House Registration Books (Tor Ror 13) were just lucky and the cards were given out by mistake. Universal Health care is for Thai citizens. Once you get citizenship, Thai ID card and are recorded in a BLUE house registration document, then you would be entitled to a health card.