Riots and looting spreads to Greater Manchester on fourth day of violence

News_Editor

An American take on the situation.

A few well-placed rifle rounds, and the rioting would end in an instant. A more sustained attack on the rampaging mob might save England from itself, finally removing shaved-head, drunken parasites from the benefits rolls that Britain can't find the will to abolish on moral or utilitarian grounds. We can be sure there's no danger of killing off the next Winston Churchill or Edmund Burke​ in these crowds.

http://www.humaneven...le.php?id=45446

While she may be American, implying that a column from Ann Coulter -- or most of what she says in any medium and on most topics -- is representative of a typical "American take" on this or anything else is disingenuous at best (more than likely she doesn't even believe most or all of what she says -- that's the ONLY reason anyone knows who she is and her livelihood -- her mostly absurd and extreme comments many of which are specifically designed to offend and inflame).

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

NO excuses, the UK has a very good system of helping the poor or the brain dead. None of us are born equal but in the UK nobody starves, not even dodgy immigrants. NO EXCUSES. The do gooders have created the UK situation and now the tax payer, the insurance payer will pay again. Scum are scum, they have always been in the woodwork, a sad reality of the REAL UK..

I haven't been here long.

But it seems to me that nobody in Thailand starves either, if you are hungry the Temple will feed you, even a dodgy ex-pat.

I would rather be a poor Thai person in Thailand, than a poor British person in a UK inner city housing estate.

At least here it isn't so cold.

But the problems in the UK are related to hope for the future, not hunger.

Edited by ludditeman

Here is one of the few Britons who has the balls to call it as it really is, if only he were prime minister. :annoyed:

I'm in complete agreement.

Pat Condell is always on the ball

Although I don't agree with the "one of the few" comment, he actually seems to share the view of the majority of Brits. It's just a few PC tools that are failing to see the problem.

NO excuses, the UK has a very good system of helping the poor or the brain dead. None of us are born equal but in the UK nobody starves, not even dodgy immigrants. NO EXCUSES. The do gooders have created the UK situation and now the tax payer, the insurance payer will pay again. Scum are scum, they have always been in the woodwork, a sad reality of the REAL UK..

I haven't been here long.

But it seems to me that nobody in Thailand starves either, if you are hungry the Temple will feed you, even a dodgy ex-pat.

I would rather be a poor Thai person in Thailand, than a poor British person in a UK inner city housing estate.

At least here it isn't so cold.

But the problems in the UK are related to hope for the future, not hunger.

You have not read between the lines of my post. NOT about eating. :)

Here is one of the few Britons who has the balls to call it as it really is, if only he were prime minister. :annoyed:

I actually listened to this nutter.

He is almost totally wrong on all points.

The last thing England needs is more police, what it needs is police who are trained to enforce the law of the land, and not allowed to enforce whatever laws that is favour of the day.

The police I have encountered in England have seemed to me to be nothing but uneducated bullies, drunk with their own inflated importance, but quick to back down when confronted by the right person.

The people who have really destroyed the country are those who make an obscene of money in the City, usually because of family connections and going to the right school, while in reality doing nothing useful at all.

(I must admit to have been one of those people, my annual bonus rarely fell below 300,000UKP, often much much more, and I did nothing special at all)

The last thing England needs is more police, what it needs is police who are trained to enforce the law of the land, and not allowed to enforce whatever laws that is favour of the day.

The police I have encountered in England have seemed to me to be nothing but uneducated bullies, drunk with their own inflated importance, but quick to back down when confronted by the right person.

The people who have really destroyed the country are those who make an obscene of money in the City, usually because of family connections and going to the right school, while in reality doing nothing useful at all.

(I must admit to have been one of those people, my annual bonus rarely fell below 300,000UKP, often much much more, and I did nothing special at all)

What a load of <deleted>. :lol: You are one of those who has not been involved with the lowlifes, are you, I have. :rolleyes:

So it's the bankers fault that the chavs go thieving for TVs?

What a load of bollarks

So it's the bankers fault that the chavs go thieving for TVs?

What a load of bollarks

For sure, (you can say <deleted> here just in case he doesn't understand)) :)

The system has been rigged since the beginning of time, even the Romans had a rich who threw landowners with small holdings off their land, then came the feudal system. Democracy is some improvement, but the game is still rigged in favour of the few - but that does not excuse burning down someone's business which they have worked their butt of to build up. I'm also sure the illiterate, moral cripples churned out by the benefits system have little comprehension of the nature of the game, just a cut out convenient excuse drummed up by apologists. I agree that there is a Machiavellian elite who still control much of what happens, but to give up until utopia is handed you on a plate is not an option.

Well, I've listened to some of the poor and downtrodden victims of society who are rioting for more equality and social justice and I now understand it is the rich people's fault (and the govrenment)...

Edited by SteeleJoe

I grew up in chav-ville, I know what makes these people tick. I've experienced the benefit thing, single parent family, domestic violence and all that shizzle.

They appreciate nothing. The fact that they are handed free money and housing for doing absolutely sweet FA doesn't seem to register. They just complain that they want more.

They resent anybody that has more than they do, despite the fact that those who have more go out and actually work for what they have. They feel as though they are entitled to the same as everybody else that works hard, for doing absolutely f*ckall.

You get big chav families in free chav housing. Collectively their benefits add up to a tidy sum so they have a better standard of living than many who do work for a living. Still though, of course, it isn't enough and they expect it for yet again doing absolutely f*ckall.

Every now and then the government might have the temerity to suggest they should at least try to get jobs or do some kind of work in exchange for their benefits. These poor oppressed chavs then complain complain that their RIGHTS are being abused because they are expected to do something just like everybody else in the world. Try to give a chav a job, they'll run a fookin mile.

They are sponging oxygen thieves, nothing more. And they were created largely by the welfare state and the namby pamby lefty politically correct idiots.

......- but that does not excuse burning down someone's business which they have worked their butt of to build up. I'm also sure the illiterate, moral cripples churned out by the benefits system have little comprehension of the nature of the game, just a cut out convenient excuse drummed up by apologists. I agree that there is a Machiavellian elite who still control much of what happens, but to give up until utopia is handed you on a plate is not an option.

Every revolution starts with burning someones business down, usually the illiterate and morally destitute are the fire starters.

Closely followed by the killing of innocents.

Read some books, study some history.

I'm not suggesting it is the start of a revolution, but it could be.

They appreciate nothing. The fact that they are handed free money and housing for doing absolutely sweet FA doesn't seem to register. They just complain that they want more.

Everybody wants free money, everybody always wants more, not just them.

They resent anybody that has more than they do, despite the fact that those who have more go out and actually work for what they have. They feel as though they are entitled to the same as everybody else that works hard, for doing absolutely f*ckall.

Everyone else feels like that too.

The really clever aspire to getting much more than those who work, for doing much less.

Working hard is a mugs game, and usually not very well paid either.

Edited by ludditeman

I grew up in chav-ville, I know what makes these people tick. I've experienced the benefit thing, single parent family, domestic violence and all that shizzle.

You get big chav families in free chav housing. Collectively their benefits add up to a tidy sum so they have a better standard of living than many who do work for a living. Still though, of course, it isn't enough and they expect it for yet again doing absolutely f*ckall.

Every now and then the government might have the temerity to suggest they should at least try to get jobs or do some kind of work in exchange for their benefits. These poor oppressed chavs then complain complain that their RIGHTS are being abused because they are expected to do something just like everybody else in the world. Try to give a chav a job, they'll run a fookin mile.

They are sponging oxygen thieves, nothing more. And they were created largely by the welfare state and the namby pamby lefty politically correct idiots.

+10 :)

......- but that does not excuse burning down someone's business which they have worked their butt of to build up. I'm also sure the illiterate, moral cripples churned out by the benefits system have little comprehension of the nature of the game, just a cut out convenient excuse drummed up by apologists. I agree that there is a Machiavellian elite who still control much of what happens, but to give up until utopia is handed you on a plate is not an option.

Every revolution starts with burning someones business down, usually the illiterate and morally destitute are the fire starters.

Closely followed by the killing of innocents.

Read some books, study some history.

I'm not suggesting it is the start of a revolution, but it could be.

Everybody always wants more, not just them.

The really clever aspire to getting much more than those who work, for doing much less.

You miss the point entirely

These people do NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. They deserve NOTHING. Benefits are supposed to help people in genuine need of assistance, they are not intended to support lazy tossers who want a free ride in life given to them by everybody else.

And yeah, I want more but guess what....... I WORK for more.

The police in most countries are in many instances hamstrung by department policy, when it comes to dealing with situations like this. These policies are in some part a result of mistakes made in the past, past settlements, etc. Having never dealt with the police in the UK except a couple times on a social level, I can not know their mindset, training, education, reasoning, etc.

From what I can gather, they have locked up over 2,000 rioter/looters. If you figure they only catch 5% of the total culprits, thats a lot of people out to do mischief. They are scattered and mixed amongst the gawkers/whatever. The military probably have more resources to put to use and coupled with a curfew, could get things sorted fairly quickly.

You miss the point entirely

These people do NOTHING, NADA, ZILCH. They deserve NOTHING. Benefits are supposed to help people in genuine need of assistance, they are not intended to support lazy tossers who want a free ride in life given to them by everybody else.

And yeah, I want more but guess what....... I WORK for more.

+11

The military probably have more resources to put to use and coupled with a curfew, could get things sorted fairly quickly.

The military are too busy making sure Karzai stays protected and able to line his pockets. The Taliban in the hills of Afghanistan are of little consequence, bring ALL the troops home to deal with these home grown terrorists.

I think anyone caught rioting and looting, should have their council house taken away from them and all benefits ceased immediately and indefinitely......oh we could tattoo SCUM on their forehead, just so people know exactly what they are.

The military probably have more resources to put to use and coupled with a curfew, could get things sorted fairly quickly.

The military are too busy making sure Karzai stays protected and able to line his pockets. The Taliban in the hills of Afghanistan are of little consequence, bring ALL the troops home to deal with these home grown terrorists.

I think anyone caught rioting and looting, should have their council house taken away from them and all benefits ceased immediately and indefinitely......oh we could tattoo SCUM on their forehead, just so people know exactly what they are.

Unfortunately the scum come before decent folk in the UK. ;).

When they run out of things to burn and destroy in England, they can take a ferry across to Europe and cause havoc over there - get drunk, and hammer on anyone who has the gall to root for a football team playing against England's.

Edited by maidu

Well, I've listened to some of the poor and downtrodden victims of society who are rioting for more equality and social justice and I now understand it is the rich people's fault (and the govrenment)...

Compared to these slags, the Red and Yellow shirts seem pretty smart eh?

When they run out of things to burn and destroy in England, they can take a ferry across to Europe and cause havoc over there - get drunk, and hammer on anyone who has the gall to root for a football team playing against England's.

I s'pose even chavs can have their uses

There is a very good article today in the UKs Daily Telegraph by a guy called Peter Oborne which has struck a chord with many many people there. He is their chief political correspondent so is hardly a hand wringing Liberal, quite the opposite. I strongly recommend that anybody here who has an open mind, and cares about the Uk and what it has become, and why, has a look at it. Some real home truths which i am sure will have some of their traditional readers spluttering into their gin and tonics, but it needed to be said. As i said, if you have an open mind go to The Daily Telegraph website, the article is under the heading, Comment. For all of you "shoot em on sight- forcibly sterilize em- brand scum on their foreheads etc" brigade out there, who are so blinded by your racism, hatred and ignorant bigotry, there is probably not much point. It will probably go straight over your heads.

Sorry i cant post a link, but i am fairly new to this computer malarky and don't know how! Someone did explain it to me but it was over the phone and every time i try i <deleted>> it up! Oh dear.