Swearbox

Would it be alright to start a new thread in Bedlam (It couldn't go anywhere else), where we could vent out angst or fustration by means of posting four letter outbursts without the auto sensorship which is ####### annoying when there are strong views to be put across.

We all swear, all of us - all us members and you mods and all you admins - even the placid gentleman who is RDN has I'm sure said at some point in life shouted 'shit' or '<deleted>' when stubbing his big toe.

It would be rather immature and pointless to suggest that this function be removed purely for the use of one word outbursts per post so I am suggesting we have the thread in order to have a real moan about something, it can't just be swearing for the sake of it because swearing is something that despite being a nescessary part of contamporary English, should only be used to express the strongest of views otherwise it looses it's impact, which is why when working class people in the U.K. say something in a pub such as "Where's my <deleted>*king car keys!?" it has little impact as the swearwords are a normal part of their vocab which they pepper with casual profanity as par for the course, whereas my late grandmother had rather a posh upbringing and would always speak the queens English; for example: "Would you mind awfully directing me to the ladies room?". If, however, she had "Where's the <deleted>*king bog I'm dying for a piss?" it would have had far more impact, not that it were ever needed because people always took notice of her, probably because of the posh manner in which she spoke which proves my point, albeit on the other side of the verbal spectrum, that anything away from the norm will have more affect, besides which she wouldn't have asked that anyway because she always knew where the bathroom was, even towards the end when she started losing her marbles.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion which would give members a little more freedom, providing they had earned their place in Bedlam.

Regards

TGS

I second the motion on the filthy swearing thread and respectfully request that the minimum number of posts to gain entrance to Bedlam be changed to however many posts I have currently.

I am getting tired of commenting on things that I could care less about just to get into Bedlam at some time far in the future. :o

Right Scamp, I want to explain something to you, and I'm explaining it only once as people have told you often enough before.

Its a curious feature of the internet that when people read from it they 'scan', just drop from paragraph to the next, huge blocks of text are not comfortable on the eyes, and most are just just completely skipped over.

I would imagine that more than half the people that came to this post read as I did, the first two paragraphs and skipped to the end which is a shame coz you probably have something you want everyone to read.

Not difficult dude, just hit the return button a couple of times occaisionally, break it up a bit, I wanna read what you say but just can't be arsed. Get that style changed dude, especially if you want to get your posts noticed.

Not being arsey with you or anything, I like your posts, but end up skipping over a lot of them.

:o

Right Scamp, I want to explain something to you, and I'm explaining it only once as people have told you often enough before.

Its a curious feature of the internet that when people read from it they 'scan', just drop from paragraph to the next, huge blocks of text are not comfortable on the eyes, and most are just just completely skipped over.

I would imagine that more than half the people that came to this post read as I did, the first two paragraphs and skipped to the end which is a shame coz you probably have something you want everyone to read.

Not difficult dude, just hit the return button a couple of times occaisionally, break it up a bit, I wanna read what you say but just can't be arsed.  Get that style changed dude, especially if you want to get your posts noticed.

Not being arsey with you or anything, I like your posts, but end up skipping over a lot of them.

:D

BKK - couldn't be bothered to read your post - too bloody long. :o However by skimming I think you mean: "keep it short and to the point" :D

Edited by britmaveric

..respectfully request that the minimum number of posts to gain entrance to Bedlam be changed to however many posts I have currently.

I am getting tired of commenting on things that I could care less about just to get into Bedlam at some time far in the future.  :o

Ah, HA! I thought so! I have a new request: to raise the Bedlam qualification level:

Either:

1. do not count any posts made in "Word Association", "What music are you listening to now" and similar threads

or

2. count the number of words actually typed - not those quoted - and set the qualifaction level at a particular number

or

3. a combination of 1. or 2. or both.

..respectfully request that the minimum number of posts to gain entrance to Bedlam be changed to however many posts I have currently.

I am getting tired of commenting on things that I could care less about just to get into Bedlam at some time far in the future.  :o

Ah, HA! I thought so! I have a new request: to raise the Bedlam qualification level:

Either:

1. do not count any posts made in "Word Association", "What music are you listening to now" and similar threads

or

2. count the number of words actually typed - not those quoted - and set the qualifaction level at a particular number

or

So smilies and one-liners won't count huh? :D

/Edit - I wish TT&T could hear me swearing tonight at their ADSL connection speeds... :D

Edited by Jai Dee

Either:

or

or

So smilies and one-liners won't count huh? :D

So.

I have to "contribute" two lines and a smiley of my choice for credit towards Bedlam? :D

Some members on this board have taken months getting into Bedlam posting when they would like to not forcing it out when they don't wish to. Why the hurry to get to Bedlam that fast? Be patient and post when you feel the need to those posts are usually the best in my opinion. Rushed ones arn't so good.

Be patient :D

It took me a year and a half to reach 50 posts at my own rate and Bedlam seems to have all the most interesting posts and posters like the gent/tornado, stroll/chownah, Boon Mee/Boon Mee and others.

I'm just going to churn out posts till I have reached the requirement.

I think that Bedlam must be something like heaven for TV members and I have always aspired to go to heaven and Bedlam might be my only chance. :o

It took me a year and a half to reach 50 posts at my own rate and Bedlam seems to have all the most interesting posts and posters like the gent/tornado, stroll/chownah, Boon Mee/Boon Mee and others.

I think that Bedlam must be something like heaven for TV members and I have always aspired to go to heaven and Bedlam might be my only chance.  :o

Like a young boy waiting for Christmas :D

I think that Bedlam must be something like heaven for TV members and I have always aspired to go to heaven and Bedlam might be my only chance.  :o

How do you know all this judge/?????

chuchok/chuchok :D

Either:

or

or

I've been thinking there ought to be two new Private forums:

The first, for those over 2,000 postings, called "purgatory";

The second, for those over 5,000 postings, called "he££", where we can all look forward to getting our just rewards with together with Boon Mee, George and the good doctor.

I don't know what all the fuss is about Bedlam, it's more fun in HKK most of the time.

I just think they should take the ###'s off in bedlam so we can say 'H' word that is opposite to heaven, which must be in the eyes of the powers that be - far worse than words like shit, piss and <deleted> which most of you for some reason spell with a star replacing one of the letters or in the case of shit, a number 5 instead of the 'S'.

Bedlam needs a sister forum, a sawdust ring.

Not difficult dude, just hit the return button a couple of times occaisionally, break it up a bit, I wanna read what you say but just can't be arsed.  Get that style changed dude, especially if you want to get your posts noticed.

BKK - couldn't be bothered to read your post - too bloody long. :o However by skimming I think you mean: "keep it short and to the point" :D

I just see the dog and skim over yours. :D

Oh, do mean like ........... Fckusithbtsrdnmothasehhlegvemaer........ & stuffr

or what.........?????????? sorry just cut in on this but hey.............. HOW CAN I BE NASTY! I JUS BEEN OUT DRINKIN WITH TOTSTER & (one of our favourest MODS)

:D:o:D:D:D

Some members on this board have taken months getting into Bedlam posting when they would like to not forcing it out when they don't wish to. Why the hurry to get to Bedlam that fast? Be patient and post when you feel the need to those posts are usually the best in my opinion. Rushed ones arn't so good.

Be patient :D

I feel the need to post.

There, I've posted.

Don't know why the ###### people want to ######ing rehash old ###### ###### posts that have a ######ing lot of hashes in them. What the ###### is ######ing wrong with ###### hashes anyways. You have a ######ing hash ######ing phobia? ######.

:o

Too much ###### Chang... :D

Edited by OlRedEyes

I think that Bedlam must be something like heaven for TV members and I have always aspired to go to heaven and Bedlam might be my only chance.  :D

How do you know all this judge/?????

chuchok/chuchok :D

I read Boon Mee's posts very closely.

All these facts - and more - concerning the top secret world of Bedlam have been publicized in the last few days on the regular forum. :o

All these facts - and more - concerning the top secret world of Bedlam have been publicized in the last few days on the regular forum.  :o

Geez... not ALL the secrets are out yet are they? :D

Do you know about the special handshake yet? :D

:offtopic:Judge, you're not missing anything.

The general forums are more interesting IMO.

Half of the time in Bedlam is discussing what should be discussed, and it's been like that ever since it was conceived. :o

Back on topic:

As for the swearbox idea, I think it would be funny, fresh and serve a purpose for about a week. Then it would become commonplace and boring.

Oh! I get it.. you sleeping with the ene- er... Mods..? ...

Blimey! I must've had more to drink than I thought - I don't remember that bit. :D

Had a great time with a combined TV-Phuket get-together and g'f's aunt's birthday and g/f aunt's boss's wife's birthday. :D

And nice to meet Totster and wifey too! Thanks for the Shreddies and PG Tips! :o