Usb-telephone, Skype Combatible

Guest DragonStar

Guest DragonStar

I (almost) desperately need a USB telephone I can use with Skype, but Thailand definately is very laid back with respect to such a thing. I live in Chiang Mai and have checked out each and every place that might have such a device. I found excactly one place (Panthip Plaza, 4th floor) that had one. They wanted 5000 Bath for the very same phone you can get for 900 Baht (minus delivery fee and import tax). - No way I'll let myself get ripped off to that extent.

I've also checked the WWW. Delivering fees from outside Thailand together with the unknown, but probably pretty high, import tax makes any purchase cost unreasonably high.

I've tried to order one from two different Bangkok located online-stores advertizing it, but they both reported back, that they didn't have it anyway.

So, does anyone know where to get one - where they have enough on stock that they still might have one when I get there - (Bangkok is the southernmost point of interest)?

Alternatively, does anyone want one? I know how to get them from China to Chiang Mai for a a reasonable cost, but I have to buy minimum 20 and I only want max 2 or maybe 4.

Edited by DragonStar

Guest DragonStar

Yes, a headset works fine, no need to spend extra money for a phone unless you want to or if you run a public PC-to-phone service and like your place to appear professional

I (almost) desperately need a USB telephone I can use with Skype, but Thailand definately is very laid back with respect to such a thing. I live in Chiang Mai and have checked out each and every place that might have such a device. I found excactly one place (Panthip Plaza, 4th floor) that had one. They wanted 5000 Bath for the very same phone you can get for 900 Baht (minus delivery fee and import tax).  - No way I'll let myself get ripped off to that extent.

I've also checked the WWW. Delivering fees from outside Thailand  together with the unknown, but probably pretty high, import tax makes any purchase cost unreasonably high.

I've tried to order one from two different Bangkok located online-stores advertizing it, but they both reported back, that they didn't have it anyway.

So, does anyone know where to get one - where they have enough on stock that they still might have one when I get there - (Bangkok is the southernmost point of interest)?

Alternatively, does anyone want one? I know how to get them from China to Chiang Mai for a a reasonable cost, but I have to buy minimum 20 and I only want max 2 or maybe 4.

the last person caught using Skype in Thailand got 7 years jail and a huge fine.

hmmmmmm or was that for wearing a watch............ :o

Guest DragonStar
QUOTE(the last person caught using Skype in Thailand got 7 years jail and a huge fine

[right)

Your insight appears a bit outdated, gharknes. According to the last news I've got from 'usually well informed sources', she was sentenced to death at the appeal court.