Teen who peed on girl during flight kicked from U.S. Ski Team

News_Editor

Teen who peed on girl during flight kicked from U.S. Ski Team

2011-08-12 23:12:35 GMT+7 (ICT)

NEW YORK (BNO NEWS) -- A teen was dismissed from a U.S. Ski Team on Friday after news reports emerged he urinated on a young girl during a JetBlue flight from Oregon to New York.

Robert "Sandy" Vietze, 18, was arrested by police at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on early Wednesday morning after an overnight flight from Portland in Oregon. He allegedly stood up during the flight and urinated on an 11-year-old girl while her father - a Stage 4 cancer patient - was in the lavatory himself.

News reports said Vietze was drunk when the incident happened, but it was not immediately clear if he had been given alcohol by JetBlue or if he was already drunk when he boarded the flight. The legal drinking age in the United States is 21.

Doug Haney, the chief press officer for the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA), said Vietze was previously nominated to the U.S. Development Alpine Ski Team for the 2011-12 season. He has now been dismissed from the team.

"Based on the information we have, Sandy Vietze is in violation of the USSA code of conduct and team agreement, and has been dismissed from the team," said USSA Executive Vice President of Athletics Luke Bodensteiner.

Vietze is also facing misdemeanor charges of indecent exposure, which could result in a fine and up to one year in jail if convicted.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-08-12

The kid obviously has an alcohol problem. Too bad, no mention is made of helping the kid. Urine is sterile and coming from a physically healthy person does not present a health problem. It was a wrongful act, but I don't think it was intentional.

So you are saying he 'accidently' pissed on the girl ?

Edited by metisdead
Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes

Wow, this story has all the possibilities of quickly making her an (disproportionate) hated individual in the US.

Drunk 18 year old urinating in the open during a flight with an airplane. On a child. Of an stage 4 cancer patient.

Making 'her' an (disproportionate) hated individual... whatever that is?

Nah.... there's no gay or racist angle.

Yet.

The kid obviously has an alcohol problem. Too bad, no mention is made of helping the kid. Urine is sterile and coming from a physically healthy person does not present a health problem. It was a wrongful act, but I don't think it was intentional.

Not intentional? Definitive thought processes needed to stand up, unzip and get the pecker out and then with one hand free, write your name in the snow... then I woke up Your Honor?

The kid obviously has an alcohol problem

Lack of experience. :rolleyes:

Its a man, no idea why anyone thought it was a girl. He was 18, so underage drinking, exposing himself to an 11 year old girl and then he stood up to pee on her-- while on an airplane. Don't recall ever being so drunk I would ever think that was ok.

The poor young girl. That had to be a traumatic experience. First, her father is dying. Second, she probably had the horrible experience of airport screening with a sick father and then to have the ultimate humiliation of this and in a public setting.

As far as the young man goes, he does indeed have a rather serious alcohol problem. He needs to get some help quickly and make amends to this poor girl and her father.

How on earth did he manage to board a flight in such a condition? He sounds like he was pretty seriously impaired. I shared a house with some fellow employees. One was a young man (around 25), who was a hopeless alcoholic. He got completely blitzed every night. Once, in a drunken stupor, he got up and peed on his wife.

Stupid act, but I wonder if he could have avoided the consequences by --

1. Finding Jesus

2. Signed up for rehab

3. Started a new charity for piss crime victims

As it is now, if I were him I would be sniffing out bad boy acting roles in teenie B movies.

Perhaps for the Mexican market?

post-37101-0-46071700-1313233045_thumb.j

In more seriousness, I wouldn't assume the victim is necessarily traumatized for life over this. But the perp may be.

Edited by Jingthing

One night I had just the one too many ales then went to bed. The next morning my room mate wasn't too pleased with me. Apparently he was watching the tv and drifted off to sleep, I had decided to do some sleep walking, went up to him, lifted his arm, pissed in his armpit and pushed his nose.

I think he was just too stunned to do anything.

This guy is only 18, I hope he isn't crucified for doing something so stupid. Just put him into some counselling and make buy the girl and her family some tickets to the winter Olympics or something.

Actually the guy is pretty lucky so far. It looks like legal charges won't be pursued. I wouldn't have been shocked if he was charged as a sex criminal, with all that implies in the US now (basically your life is over). An old friend of mine spent two months in jail simply for pissing furtively in a dark alley. Compare to what the skier did.

So plenty of excuses for the Kid then GK,and no sympathy for the poor girl and her very sick Father.

Jeez you sound like a right Hardcore any excuses Bleeding Heart Liberal.

Amazing how many Thai women don't know this.

Sounds to me like he could claim the first Amendment on this one...or some of our posters seem to think.

Freedom of expression and all that crap.

He exposed himself to a minor child. He IS a sex offender and should be treated as such.

Being a drunk is no excuse.

Here you are Kerryk

URINE is good for snake bite.

Urine has also been found to be useful in treating diseases like cancer, gout, osteoporosis, impotence, obesity, asthma, bums, tuberculosis, blisters, cuts, wounds, cataract, coughs and colds, constipation, diabetes, eczema, gangrene, heart disease, hyperacidity, diseases of the stomach and intestines, pulmonary tuberculosis, psoriasis, piles and ringworm, uterus inflammation and stiffness of the vertebral column.

My link

Sounds to me like he could claim the first Amendment on this one...or some of our posters seem to think.

He exposed himself to a minor child. He IS a sex offender and should be treated as such.

I agree in many US states he might technically be prosecuted as a sex offender under the law. However, I don't see how any rational person could see his action in the same class as an actual pedophile who actively molests children. That said, I am still kind of surprised he isn't facing more legal heat. I reckon that might have something to do with these cultural things -- he's white, he's not poor, he's a sports hero, he's young. Imagine if the guy was a 50 year old unemployed homeless black guy. Yes, seriously. Is that fair? No, seriously.

Edited by Jingthing

He should just claim it was performance art and sue the airline.

Lack of charges could also have something to do with the victim not wishing to have him charged or give evidence. It may be that that they consider the publicity and being kicked off the ski team enough punishment for the severity of the offence. Maybe, maybe not, just a thought.

Here you are Kerryk

URINE is good for snake bite.

Urine has also been found to be useful in treating diseases like cancer, gout, osteoporosis, impotence, obesity, asthma, bums, tuberculosis, blisters, cuts, wounds, cataract, coughs and colds, constipation, diabetes, eczema, gangrene, heart disease, hyperacidity, diseases of the stomach and intestines, pulmonary tuberculosis, psoriasis, piles and ringworm, uterus inflammation and stiffness of the vertebral column.

My link

Wow! He should be giving her an invoice rather than an apology.

A key element of a sex offense is that the behavior in some ways either is sexually stimulating or gratifying. I would assume he did not demonstrate any behavior of this nature, thus no charges.

The article doesn't indicate if the guy intended to urinate on the girl or if he was urinating and accidentally urinated on her.