Sansai Bike Group?

LawrenceN

I moved to Sansai, NE side of Chiang Mai, in July. I live about 1.5 km past the 3rd ring road just off Route 118 (the Doi Saket road). I would like to find a group of roadies to ride with regularly, preferably starting in Sansai. Hills would be OK. I have been riding alone between Sansai, Mae Joe, and Doi Saket, avoiding the major highways, exploring the little rural roads connecting the villages.

Me? I'm 56 years old, a regular road rider in the U.S. for years. I'm a former Peace Corps Volunteer, so have been speaking/reading Thai for over 30 years. The language comes in handy out there, as you all know. My bike is a Cannondale Synapse, carbon fiber frame, lower-end (Tiagra) Shimano components. I have a backup unit, which is a Specialized Tricross that I used for competitive cyclocross last year in Wisconsin. With narrow tires, it's very much like a road bike.

Who wants to ride?

Hi ‘LawrenceN’……I’ll talk to you mate! Road riding a, I’d ride with you, but I only have MTB’s,never done any road riding to speak off. Like you I have two bikes, MTB’s, ifyou ever fancy doing some real biking :whistling: in the dirt, you would be welcome to ride-out with me on my second bike…….”Ride Mae Taeng”

Me too, I live very close to you in San Sai and have a road bike, I don't ride it much, but am in decent shape and up for a road ride as long as your not a speed demon. I like to ride the same places as you, avoiding the big roads and enjoying the beautiful Thailand countryside. I also have a extra Mt bike and know some nice places to ride around here since I ride a few times a week, sometimes, like I did this morning, with another local or maybe Tonto21 will come down again for a ride and entertain us with his hilarious stories.

Me too, I live very close to you in San Sai and have a road bike, I don't ride it much, but am in decent shape and up for a road ride as long as your not a speed demon. I like to ride the same places as you, avoiding the big roads and enjoying the beautiful Thailand countryside. I also have a extra Mt bike and know some nice places to ride around here since I ride a few times a week, sometimes, like I did this morning, with another local or maybe Tonto21 will come down again for a ride and entertain us with his hilarious stories.

Hey 'junglechef' What do you think……………………….OP's gone on a monster ride-out….And not back yet?

Edited by Tonto21

Hey 'junglechef' What do you think……………………….OP's gone on a monster ride-out….And not back yet?

No, no monster ride-out. I posted this on the Cycling forum, too. I was watching that one and nearly forgot about this one. Tell me where to meet and when. My phone number is 086-115-7277.

Wife and I were just about to leave for a litle bike trip this morning, just to the Sam Yaek market for some fruit when that downpour started. Geez, dodging the weather is more challenging than the rides.