What Vehicle Do You Drive?

simon43

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After reading the post about problems with motorbike parking at homepro Chalong, I'm interested to know what sort of transport people use in Phuket.

I drive a car, even though I have previously ridden big motorbikes for 15 years. I feel that a car (in my case a large, secondhard 4x4 'tractor') is safer, should one be involved in a RTA.

But what's your preferred means of transport. I've made a poll - hopefully covering all reasonable options

Simon

Rode a bike here for many years, but with increasing traffic and the fact that I drive most days between Kathu and Karon (20km each way) .. plus the fact that deals on new cars are so good, I drive a car now.. still have a 125 Yamaha at home just for nipping out to the shop and such, but a car is so much safer.

twist and go (honda pcx) locally and occasionally to Phuket town or Patong

Ninja 650r for fun

car/suv/pickup for shopping in Makro/town and driving around all over Thailand

each of them have advantages and disadvantages,

BTW never been short of parking at Homepro Village Chalong, neither car or bike, so dont know what the change is for

For my early years living in Patong I always had a rented Honda Dream for the times I was in town (I was working offshore month on month off). In those days there were hardly any vehicles on the road compared to now. I currently drive a Mistubishi Triton Plus 4 door pick up which is great when you have passengers plus I can carry a load of salt or various construction materials on the back. These days I would only consider riding a motorbike if it was an emergency & I had no other means of transport.

Much depends on the weather and time of day.

If I could I would choose the Honda Wave every time. The convenience for parking, nipping in-between cars in slow traffic, sitting at the front of the queue at lights, the cost of gasoline etc - all make it the best choice - however, I live in a remote area and at night if I have a breakdown (or puncture) I would be in big trouble if I was on the bike and also its a quiet and often unlit road so considered quite dangerous too so should not be riding a bike at night (several people have been shot on this road).

I rode a 600cc sports bike in England which required several very strict tests just to get the licence for - and I loved that bike. If I had something similar here, I would probably not be here to write this, because although I was well trained, the tens of thousands of other people on the road - were not.

Much depends on the weather and time of day.

If I could I would choose the Honda Wave every time. The convenience for parking, nipping in-between cars in slow traffic, sitting at the front of the queue at lights, the cost of gasoline etc - all make it the best choice - however, I live in a remote area and at night if I have a breakdown (or puncture) I would be in big trouble if I was on the bike and also its a quiet and often unlit road so considered quite dangerous too so should not be riding a bike at night (several people have been shot on this road).

I rode a 600cc sports bike in England which required several very strict tests just to get the licence for - and I loved that bike. If I had something similar here, I would probably not be here to write this, because although I was well trained, the tens of thousands of other people on the road - were not.

As a rider of a Dream, or, it's equivalent for the last 26 years, I reckon that's a bloody good post!

DMAX 4x4 for Me and Honda Jazz for Mrs.Had an Airblade but with the increase in traffic and the crazy driving habits that cause so many accidents that has been retired to the Issan Farm for Aunties to use. Feel Much safer on 4 wheels sad but thats the way it is now on Phuket,

automatic Truck, (ford 3L) gets me around nicely and is very safe, aso being 4 door its like having a cherokee ( had one in the UK) but with a great trailer behind as i hate the smell of garden stuff in the cab.

My bloody "hog" ( scooter) gets a puncture every time i ride it, i think the spokes are ramming the inner tube, just about to fit solid 9alloy0 wheels, thats my around town ride. I am gonna park her at the GFs as she is close to the city and drive there, then use the bike for around town. traffic here is getting to be a nightmare int he city for a 4 wheeler