Outstanding Service I Have Come To Love And Admire

Dag

"Again foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP. Tourism is tourism. People will come and people will go. Their main clientele are Thai's. So an unhappy foreigner..."

That depends on where you are.

In Pattaya the entire city and every business in it revolves around farang money, either first or second hand. Without it the place would be a ghost-town.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dag.

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I don't believe you.

Actually, that was my first impression. If I had never set foot in Thailand, perhaps I might be gullible enough to believe some of these allegations. But c'mon. Cases in point:

"We were told by the owner that greeted us that if we wanted to eat up there it is a 10% surcharge. Asking why she said that it was because of the stairs, they are awkward and dangerous and we have to carry the food up there and it is for extra insurance."

COMMENT: Have NEVER seen anything resembling this in any restaurant in Thailand.

"...the owner said "you have ordered to much food"

COMMENT: Have NEVER had anyone ever told me/us that we've ordered too much food.

"...come on you are taking too long, i have other customers coming".....to this my wife looked around curiously to see we were the only ones there along with another 2 people on another table and they were busy eating."

COMMENT: Most times, the waiter/waitress would just leave to go do other things if we weren't ready to order. Could be annoying if we were just about ready. But no owner has ever suggested that we were taking too long. Ever.

Anyways, perhaps the OP is exaggerating or embellishing. Or the owner was just trying to be funny. Unless the OP is being truthful--which means that his wife might be such a flaming BG that was so offensive in looks and behavior that the owner was intentionally trying to chase them out. I'm not suggesting that, but what else could it be?

The OP related a story. He had a laugh about it and mentioned that service in Thailand "general to be very friendly and overwhelming".

Why would you even question a funny story with ridiculous comments and suggest his wife was a "flaming BG", and then hiding by saying "I'm not suggesting that, but what else could it be?"

We all have unbelievable stories from Thailand, including you, so why the hate?

This is from the OP: "The following scenario of service excellence is what I really find endearing about Thailand."

Let me translate this for you since English (and/or English comprehension) may not be your cup-of-tea. What the OP is suggesting is that this type of service is typical in Thailand. Do you agree? I don't. I had never experienced such a thing. Ever. My only conclusions are that either he made it up, or there were other reasons for why he received such service. Get it?

"Again foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP. Tourism is tourism. People will come and people will go. Their main clientele are Thai's. So an unhappy foreigner..."

In Pattaya the entire city and every business in it revolves around farang money, either first or second hand. Without it the place would be a ghost-town.

^ I agree to that specific area.

On a side note. I wish it would be a ghost town as Pattaya is the armpit of Thailand. Its Thailand's Ghetto. It is what it is because of what the foreigners have done to it. But that is a different forum discussion all by itself and the foreigners who chose to dwell there will defend it vehemently.

Same here, I would have gotten up and walked out. If they don't want my custom, there are plenty that do. There is shitty service and then there is unacceptable.

I would have done the same but I doubt the point would have hit home that they've lost 9 hungry customers and only have 2 remaining and they are losing money.

Sadly, I concur. As has been noted many times before, many (not all) Thais give little or no thought to the repercussions of their actions or inactions. Poor service = no return farang customers.

But let's be honest, How much business do they really get from foreigners? .5%......1%.... ? It is probably noise in the grand scheme of things.

Again foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP. Tourism is tourism. People will come and people will go. Their main clientele are Thai's. So an unhappy foreigner...Oh well its not like they will toss up their dissatisfaction on Yelp.com to complain and other foreigners will avoid it.. Honestly they do not care and in the end the foreigner customers were probably a heck of a lot more work to keep happy anyway because a great portion carry this arrogant attitude about them and demand 5 star service from a roadside business.

IMHO If you want 5 star service, eat at your hotel.

I have a friend works for a Thai company that makes steel structures and 90% of their business is export. Her company is not alone. One only needs to check out auto exports to confirm this. She faces constant challenges reference customer service and labor problems. The Thai way vs the way the customer wants it done. It is why they pay big bucks to QC inspectors from the West. They bid on a job, sign a contract and have to follow through in a Western manner to get paid. Business is business. Thailand is an export economy. Your homespun tales don't reflect reality.

And you are not just a little bit wrong you are way wrong, 2/3 GDP wrong.

From Trading Economics, “ Thailand reported a trade surplus equivalent to 1268 Million USD in June of 2011. The economy of Thailand is heavily export-dependent, with exports accounting for more than two thirds of GDP. Thailand exports mainly: gypsum, rice, shrimps as well as high-technology products like integrated circuits and parts, electrical appliances, and vehicles.” Machinery and parts, vehicles, electronic integrated circuits, chemicals, crude oil and fuels, iron and steel are among Thailand's principal imports.”

Far from your statement "foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP." Foreigners have a 2/3 effect on Thai GDP.

^ I agree to that specific area.

On a side note. I wish it would be a ghost town as Pattaya is the armpit of Thailand. Its Thailand's Ghetto. It is what it is because of what the foreigners have done to it. But that is a different forum discussion all by itself and the foreigners who chose to dwell there will defend it vehemently.

Not only are you completely wrong about your GDP figures but you are completely wrong about Pattaya. It is the economic engine that drives a substantial portion of the Thai economy. It drives the construction industry, the food and beverage industry, and is in a large part responsible for the prosperity for large rural sections of Thailand.

Take a walk through Central mall on the weekend and tell the thousands of Thais shopping there that they are part of the armpit of Thailand.

I think that is worth repeating that 66% of the Thai economy in 2011 is dependent on foreigners. And although statistics are hard to come by health professionals will tell you that the AIDS capital of Thailand is Rayong followed by the North of Thailand and not Pattaya.

There ARE places in Thailand which offer terrible service- and no excuse for it, considering the number of people who need jobs.

Any place which acted like the OP describes- I'd never be back, of course. Although a place that humorously bad might just be worth bringing people for the 'I can't believe it!' factor.

At one place I eat, the convenience and the food are just too good- even though the staff are not the brightest on Earth and there's usually at least one small thing they get wrong with the order each time. Mai penh rai, as they say.

At another place I go, they know I tip and they go out of their way to make sure I get the right order, and speedily.

Another place I go, the waiters slip me free stuff because they can and because they know I tip.

If you're middle class or richer and in a city anywhere, it's really kind of contemporary etiquette to know at least a few restaurants and their staff well enough to be able to depend on them for special occasions- that's not speaking to the OP, which is about a new restaurant, but the point is that restaurants should want customers who want that kind of long term connection- if they're going to stay around long.

The service can be ordinary, even bad but if the price is right and food sensational and atmosphere good other than the service.....then we continue to go....there is one such restaurant nearby and frequent them a lot as a few dishes are outstanding and cheap.

This place had none of that.....so it failed at the end of the day....where it should be encouraging friendly service because of the size of it and the prices.......fail on all points...but never mind it was worth the try for the comedy factor as we all had a good giggle about it throughout lunch......we also now know to never go back instead of wondering if it is good or not.

This is from the OP: "The following scenario of service excellence is what I really find endearing about Thailand."

Let me translate this for you since English (and/or English comprehension) may not be your cup-of-tea. What the OP is suggesting is that this type of service is typical in Thailand. Do you agree? I don't. I had never experienced such a thing. Ever. My only conclusions are that either he made it up, or there were other reasons for why he received such service. Get it?

By the looks of it you may be the one not understanding....you may like to stick to coffee....black, strong....

Dag.

I'm not saying that you're lying, but I don't believe you.

Actually, that was my first impression. If I had never set foot in Thailand, perhaps I might be gullible enough to believe some of these allegations. But c'mon. Cases in point:

"We were told by the owner that greeted us that if we wanted to eat up there it is a 10% surcharge. Asking why she said that it was because of the stairs, they are awkward and dangerous and we have to carry the food up there and it is for extra insurance."

COMMENT: Have NEVER seen anything resembling this in any restaurant in Thailand.

"...the owner said "you have ordered to much food"

COMMENT: Have NEVER had anyone ever told me/us that we've ordered too much food.

"...come on you are taking too long, i have other customers coming".....to this my wife looked around curiously to see we were the only ones there along with another 2 people on another table and they were busy eating."

COMMENT: Most times, the waiter/waitress would just leave to go do other things if we weren't ready to order. Could be annoying if we were just about ready. But no owner has ever suggested that we were taking too long. Ever.

Anyways, perhaps the OP is exaggerating or embellishing. Or the owner was just trying to be funny. Unless the OP is being truthful--which means that his wife might be such a flaming BG that was so offensive in looks and behavior that the owner was intentionally trying to chase them out. I'm not suggesting that, but what else could it be?

The OP related a story. He had a laugh about it and mentioned that service in Thailand "general to be very friendly and overwhelming".

Why would you even question a funny story with ridiculous comments and suggest his wife was a "flaming BG", and then hiding by saying "I'm not suggesting that, but what else could it be?"

We all have unbelievable stories from Thailand, including you, so why the hate?

You are right, English isn't my first language. It's my 4th....but carry on.

The OP is using a form of sarcasm in that line. Perhaps you missed it. It was extremely subtle.

But my point is that your conclusion suggesting his wife was a "flaming BG" and that was the reason for the poor service is a sad reflection on you more than him.

Whilst I have never experience the exact service as the OP, I have experienced even more bizarre service or lack off...

But, just because you haven't experienced the same service, doesnt mean it didn't happen.

Get it?

The OP is using a form of sarcasm in that line. Perhaps you missed it. It was extremely subtle.

But my point is that your conclusion suggesting his wife was a "flaming BG" and that was the reason for the poor service is a sad reflection on you more than him.

Whilst I have never experience the exact service as the OP, I have experienced even more bizarre service or lack off...

But, just because you haven't experienced the same service, doesnt mean it didn't happen.

Get it?

It was nice to see him put his foot in it publicly but.

Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately via the report function. We do have the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process so please realize we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. Responding to objectionable messages is discouraged.

A post commenting on moderation has been removed.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

Get it?

Yes.

He was out of line, pure and simple. He knows it. That's why he tried some diversion to try and make me look silly instead of address his BG slur.

He would never suggest that to your face, so why suggest it online?

I'd be surprised if he responded, but look forward to it.

Yes.

He was out of line, pure and simple. He knows it. That's why he tried some diversion to try and make me look silly instead of address his BG slur.

of course he could be speaking from his own personal experiences....I could understand that.

But let's be honest, How much business do they really get from foreigners? .5%......1%.... ? It is probably noise in the grand scheme of things.

Again foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP. Tourism is tourism. People will come and people will go. Their main clientele are Thai's. So an unhappy foreigner...Oh well its not like they will toss up their dissatisfaction on Yelp.com to complain and other foreigners will avoid it.. Honestly they do not care and in the end the foreigner customers were probably a heck of a lot more work to keep happy anyway because a great portion carry this arrogant attitude about them and demand 5 star service from a roadside business.

I have a friend works for a Thai company that makes steel structures and 90% of their business is export. Her company is not alone. One only needs to check out auto exports to confirm this. She faces constant challenges reference customer service and labor problems. The Thai way vs the way the customer wants it done. It is why they pay big bucks to QC inspectors from the West. They bid on a job, sign a contract and have to follow through in a Western manner to get paid. Business is business. Thailand is an export economy. Your homespun tales don't reflect reality.

From Trading Economics, " Thailand reported a trade surplus equivalent to 1268 Million USD in June of 2011. The economy of Thailand is heavily export-dependent, with exports accounting for more than two thirds of GDP. Thailand exports mainly: gypsum, rice, shrimps as well as high-technology products like integrated circuits and parts, electrical appliances, and vehicles." Machinery and parts, vehicles, electronic integrated circuits, chemicals, crude oil and fuels, iron and steel are among Thailand's principal imports."

Far from your statement "foreigners have virtually no impact on this countries GDP." Foreigners have a 2/3 effect on Thai GDP.

I would like to correct my comment as I left out an important part to my post and want to offer more clarity for KerryK. I should have stated "Tourism" and" Foreigners living in Thailand" amount to very little to the GDP of Thailand which is why you are only going to find the service foreigners expect in world wide named 5 star hotels such as the 'Hilton, Marriott, Meridian etc.

My newsagent offers outstanding service, she hands me the paper that can't be mentioned, elastic band wrapped if required, in a plastic bag if it's raining, and on Sundays she gives me 5 baht change saying no paper is worth 40 baht!

Her son once doubled up for her on a Sunday and didn't give me the 5 baht change, the next day, a Monday, with no word from myself she handed me back 5 baht.

In my experience, once you're a regular customer service is invariably very good in Thailand.

I would like to correct my comment as I left out an important part to my post and want to offer more clarity for KerryK. I should have stated "Tourism" and" Foreigners living in Thailand" amount to very little to the GDP of Thailand which is why you are only going to find the service foreigners expect in world wide named 5 star hotels such as the 'Hilton, Marriott, Meridian etc.

Really ??

I find good service in many places....I do not need 5 star though....just pleasant shall do me fine.

Your foreign circle of acquaintances must be very different to mine.

From Trading Economics, " Thailand reported a trade surplus equivalent to 1268 Million USD in June of 2011. The economy of Thailand is heavily export-dependent, with exports accounting for more than two thirds of GDP. Thailand exports mainly: gypsum, rice, shrimps as well as high-technology products like integrated circuits and parts, electrical appliances, and vehicles." Machinery and parts, vehicles, electronic integrated circuits, chemicals, crude oil and fuels, iron and steel are among Thailand's principal imports."

Nice of you to come back. I live in an industrial area of full employment and lots of middle class and upper class Thai people. Very few tourists here only a couple of hotels and a few bars. I am sure we have widely different experiences. Almost anyone I know realizes who butters their bread, “The Farang.” Most foreigners they come in contact with are consultants, inspectors, a boss of some kind and they are treated accordingly. When I buy food the sales people decide who will wait on me based on age appropriate marital status. I get good service every day. Better than a 5 star restaurant because it includes a wink, nod and a phone number. No, I'm not a handsome romeo type but they know where I work and I live in Thailand long term. I lived in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Pattaya and didn't like it and you may be right in those towns. The bars here also know my tastes and cater to it with specific suggestions, accommodations and employees. I even have specific seats I like and they will ask a tourist to move if he is occupying my chair. When I get a particularly good meal I go back in the kitchen and tip all the cooks. There is a big fat man who buys the kitchen staff drinks when they do a good job. We eat together sometimes. They even use different plates to accommodate larger portions and come out to inquire about our satisfaction.

Foreigners living in Thailand where I live account for a majority of the income in the area in one way or another. Foreigners from Asia as well as the West. As long as Thailand remains an export economy the foreign dependence will continue.

The big danger for Thailand is the same as Switzerland. The currency is to high and could lead to inflation and an economic slow down. The Thais are aware that their products are becoming more expensive.

When you look at tourism you not only have to look at the percent but the fresh foreign exchange currency that it brings into Thailand. When a Thai buys something its economic importance is diluted because the money was already in Thailand. Tourist dollars are found money brought into Thailand for the first time. Its impact is may be 10 times greater than Thai money on the economy and in a lot of cases does not involve the sale of natural resources (unless you consider Thai women a fixed natural resource like oil). I think the supply of women's services in Thailand is more akin to solar power. It is constantly renewed. The Middle East has oil and Thailand has women, both precious resources but in 100 years Thailand will still have women. Thais realize this.

So If you want to find the real value of foreigners to Thailand consider the 66% of the GDP that is exported and consult with an economist as to the multiplier of gross tourism revenues, it is between 5 and 10 times.

Get it?

Yes.

Alright you two, if I can interrupt your little lovefest for just a moment. Perhaps the BG comment was a bit strong, but I try to post examples that the TV readership can relate to (sarcasm, hope you can deal with that). But it doesn't change my opinion that either your story was a tad exaggerated/embellished, or there's something you've left out. It clearly defies logic. Has anyone ever been to a restaurant in Thailand that would charge you more for seating in one area as opposed to another? I challenge anyone to give me a name and I will check it out myself. But I'll concede that maybe it did happen and there was a reason. Perhaps you or your wife insulted the owner in some way (with your arrogance and sarcasm?)? I've found that generally speaking, Thais will almost never be intentionally rude to a farang UNLESS you were rude to him first. Well that's been my experience.

It seems that we have herds of sheep on TV that would willingly swallow pretty much any negative comments made about a Thai. And of course, the farangs who make these comments will never reveal the whole story if it detracts from their objective--which is to paint Thais as incompetent idiots, crooks, whatever. There was a thread awhile back (still running) started by a farang who was singing "woe's me" because his evil Thai wife had stolen his money and property. And naturally, he painted himself as being this perfect husband and father who only wanted the best for his family. What came out later--much later--was that he had been cheating on his wife repeatedly (among other things). A big nugget to leave out. He also had set up his estate so that his wife got nothing if she left him. Well to hear one side of the story didn't really reveal the whole picture. This thread has that same stink.

Its ok Berkshire......may I suggest you toddle of back down to the rice whiskey shop and have another drink with all your local friends....the ones where you feel accepted and one of the crowd now.......

By the way....have you got any other theories out there floating around your clouded mind ?? Would love to hear them.....might give us a laugh.

Really ??

I find good service in many places....I do not need 5 star though....just pleasant shall do me fine.

Your foreign circle of acquaintances must be very different to mine.

Dag,

If you will, please re-read my earlier posts in this thread towards the beginning. I find the service in Thailand to be very good to excellent. I even stated specific examples to refute the naysayers who have said it is terrible here. Sure the OP had a odd event happen to him which can happen anywhere but the thread sets a stage that its like that everywhere here.

I personally have found quite the opposite whether I am with my GF or not. My response above was merely stating that if you are one of those high fluting, high expectation people that want service you are accustomed to in the west then they should stay in the hotel where the staff speaks their language and the food is just like home. Outside the hotel, life here is very different. Not bad by any means, but different. Just like in Mexico, China, Japan, Italy etc. I say that most poor service issues referenced usually seem to have happened due to the basic lack of communication. I have seen that on a few occasions. I recently witnessed a foreigner from the west saying to a group of Thai clerks who were trying to help him "Doesn't anyone in this store speak English". I had to bite my tongue...I wanted to say " Why don't you learn Thai". I have to believe they would probably like a quick easy sale and not feel embarrassed and awkward that they cannot help the customer.

I personally think after living in the west that most people there are generally extremely arrogant, impatient, rude and demanding coupled with quite a few who are ignorant about the world outside the US. They move or travel and think the world is the same.

The beauty is the world is Not and that is what makes it so refreshing.

Get it?

Yes.

Alright you two, if I can interrupt your little lovefest for just a moment. Perhaps the BG comment was a bit strong, but I try to post examples that the TV readership can relate to (sarcasm, hope you can deal with that). But it doesn't change my opinion that either your story was a tad exaggerated/embellished, or there's something you've left out. It clearly defies logic. Has anyone ever been to a restaurant in Thailand that would charge you more for seating in one area as opposed to another? I challenge anyone to give me a name and I will check it out myself. But I'll concede that maybe it did happen and there was a reason. Perhaps you or your wife insulted the owner in some way (with your arrogance and sarcasm?)? I've found that generally speaking, Thais will almost never be intentionally rude to a farang UNLESS you were rude to him first. Well that's been my experience.

It seems that we have herds of sheep on TV that would willingly swallow pretty much any negative comments made about a Thai. And of course, the farangs who make these comments will never reveal the whole story if it detracts from their objective--which is to paint Thais as incompetent idiots, crooks, whatever. There was a thread awhile back (still running) started by a farang who was singing "woe's me" because his evil Thai wife had stolen his money and property. And naturally, he painted himself as being this perfect husband and father who only wanted the best for his family. What came out later--much later--was that he had been cheating on his wife repeatedly (among other things). A big nugget to leave out. He also had set up his estate so that his wife got nothing if she left him. Well to hear one side of the story didn't really reveal the whole picture. This thread has that same stink.

Very good post Berkshire, I agree. It does become quite annoying when foreigners come on this site and do nothing but post negative things because it does not meet their expectations of the life they left where ever they came from. But like any media format, nice threads do not sell and draw an audience. The world feeds off doom and gloom, death and destruction. People love to see other peoples misfortunes. General topics is a high traffic area where people can vent unfortunately other threads on TV seem to head the same way. I navigate quite a few either signed on or as a guest and each thread turns into a joke and people make it personal. I have had to spend a lot more time on here when looking to get some info for a client then I want to primarily as I have to filter through a lot of minutia.

Very good post Berkshire, I agree. It does become quite annoying when foreigners come on this site and do nothing but post negative things because it does not meet their expectations of the life they left where ever they came from. But like any media format, nice threads do not sell and draw an audience. The world feeds off doom and gloom, death and destruction. People love to see other peoples misfortunes. General topics is a high traffic area where people can vent unfortunately other threads on TV seem to head the same way. I navigate quite a few either signed on or as a guest and each thread turns into a joke and people make it personal. I have had to spend a lot more time on here when looking to get some info for a client then I want to primarily as I have to filter through a lot of minutia.

Sure if you want to dumb down and mix in without feeling any differences like Berkshire has....it is different here and that is why many people like it, I do.

But to face incredible ignorance or stupidity on a daily basis is something you cannot ignore. Checkout the recent driving here thread as just one example.

And don't say the good old its the farangs obnoxious behavior and outlandish demands/expectations that are at fault, when in Rome and such......I have seen Thais walk out of restaurants for poor service, usually it is the ones with a bit of thinking power that do it though while the others sit their and wait as they have been taught to and not make a fuss and get walked all over as usual.

Would you like to hear my Bangkok Bank saga of yesterday ?? and no before you exclaim it must be another foreigner going off and the poor wittle Thai person does not understand....it was my wife dealing with them....and again, before Berkshire tramps his mud in here again, she is not the type of person he refers to and is obviously used to hanging around with.

Thank you. Good to see others who can actually think for themselves instead of nodding like a bobblehead doll every time a farang complains about all things Thai.

Sure if you want to dumb down and mix in without feeling any differences like Berkshire has....it is different here and that is why many people like it, I do.

But to face incredible ignorance or stupidity on a daily basis is something you cannot ignore. Checkout the recent driving here thread as just one example.

And don't say the good old its the farangs obnoxious behavior and outlandish demands/expectations that are at fault, when in Rome and such......I have seen Thais walk out of restaurants for poor service, usually it is the ones with a bit of thinking power that do it though while the others sit their and wait as they have been taught to and not make a fuss and get walked all over as usual.

Would you like to hear my Bangkok Bank saga of yesterday ?? and no before you exclaim it must be another foreigner going off and the poor wittle Thai person does not understand....it was my wife dealing with them....and again, before Berkshire tramps his mud in here again, she is not the type of person he refers to and is obviously used to hanging around with.

^ Actually would love to over a beer or soda one day.... Seriously. I enjoy meeting people and sharing stories. Forums and threads get a little long in the tooth and boring to read.

Anyway I have had my moments here where I shake my head. However trust me, I did the same thing in the US too, in fact more as there is less of an excuse for it. My point being, no need to beat the Thai's up. This behavior is everywhere. It is not perfect by any means but I did not come here to find perfection nor did I come here to bag on what I find unacceptable or not to the standards I left in the US.

As for Thai driving......Hmmm. I did not need read the thread and probably won't. I have witnessed some interesting stuff, but again no worse then anywhere else. It all depends on your frame of mind. Of course once out of BKK things change quite a bit in many many aspects. BKK is like any HUGE city. It begs for craziness and people improvising a lot and not all of it is well thought out before acting. FWIIW, I have my Thai drivers license for both Car/truck and motorcycle. Yes I did the 8 hr driving course(Actually just a little over 6). Yes it was for fun as I was curious. I could have just used international driving license and taken the written test but what fun would that be? Anyway my GF laughed quite a bit while she sat and drank tea with her friends. It was near Mo Chit at the Toyota driving grounds. I was surprised what it entailed(or did not as it may be) and how easy it is to get a license. But who am I to complain, not my system and I am clearly not going to change it. I drive my car and motorcycle and fit right in. Of course I like NASCAR and trading paint with others on the road but that's a different thread for a different day.laugh.gif

On a side note, I personally love the fact I can ride my motorcycle against traffic the wrong way and if you miss a turn I can flip the U turn and ride on the side walk to get back and it is totally acceptable. But that's me.

I love all that stuff also....but there is a difference between doing it safe and unsafe and completely recklessly as I witness many times....more stories......but according to Berkshire....the Thai driver driving down the opposite direction, in my lane, not on the shoulder or the bike lane, my lane and on a sharp bend and although it being a double laned highway, I had a car on my right side slowly passing me....then appears somchai happily putt putting down the wrong side in my lane with a skinny dumb and happy expression on his face.....all happening at around 90 clicks.......nope...did not happen the other day, musta dreamt it.......and the list goes on.