90 Day Notification And Change Of Visa

90 day notification and change of visa

Does the visa change restart the clock?

I am pretty sure the answer is no, but does the change of visa from tourist to work (Non-B) restart the clock on the 90 days? The Non-B is described as 'admitted', which sounds a bit like a re-start.

Also, what is nowadays the latitude for the 90days? Is it 2 weeks before expiry and one week after?

I want to time the 90 days so I can carry out the extension to the work permit on the same day.

Thank you in advance.

Are you talking about an immigration change of entry from tourist to non immigrant in the one year extension of stay process? Or are you talking about a new entry with a non immigrant B visa from a Consulate? If you are currently making reports believe the only reset would be return to country from a trip outside.

The only things that count as a new start of 90 day address reporting that I am aware of are:

1. First application for extension of stay using TM.7 (but reports would not have been required before). If making a conversion first that application may be used as the start date but have not seen any report that it is (but if not you stay more than 90 days prior to the TM.7 application in many cases).

2. TM.47 report to Immigration 15 days prior to 7 days after a due date.

3. Entry into Thailand using a re-entry permit equals day one of new 90 day count.

Are you talking about an immigration change of entry from tourist to non immigrant in the one year extension of stay process? Or are you talking about a new entry with a non immigrant B visa from a Consulate? If you are currently making reports believe the only reset would be return to country from a trip outside.

The only things that count as a new start of 90 day address reporting that I am aware of are:

1. First application for extension of stay using TM.7 (but reports would not have been required before). If making a conversion first that application may be used as the start date but have not seen any report that it is (but if not you stay more than 90 days prior to the TM.7 application in many cases).

2. TM.47 report to Immigration 15 days prior to 7 days after a due date.

3. Entry into Thailand using a re-entry permit equals day one of new 90 day count.

My apologies for lack of detail.

I left the country in order to kill a year extension (non-multiple) Ed Visa (so that I could apply for a work visa). I returned from Japan on a visa on arrival 30 days. I applied and got the work visa (non- B) and having received the blue work permit, intend to apply for an extension.

The non-B speaks of a 'admitted', but presumably this is simply an admittance into the framework of the non-B regulatory system.

I would like the happy conincidence of the 90 day address notification with the extension of work permit request as the desks at Chaeng Wattana are around 35 metres from the other.

Thank you in advance.

You should ask them when you make your extension of stay but my guess is you will not need to make a TM.47 report until 90 days later as this will be a new first extension of stay and should start the 90 day count from then. Suspect that is the reason for the word (arrival) being used on your immigration issued conversion to non immigrant visa. They treat it as a new entry so 90 day count starts from there and by making the TM.7 extension of stay within those 90 days that counts as your first report.