How Does Bkk Cost Of Living Compare

BEENTHEREDONETHAT

Wondering about cost of living (COL) comparisons in 300 cities of the world? Here is the answer. Bangkok is rated as 173rd most expensive of the 300 listed. You want cheap go to Thimphu Bhutan. If you are loaded Tokyo Japan.

In the Americas 3 in Brazil and 4 in Canada have the most expensive.

Most expensive cities in Asia pacific 4 in Japan 4 in Australia and 2 in China

South Asia 6 in India are most expensive.

http://www.xpatulator.com/outside.cfm?page=Locations

Good question. Of course it depends where you stay in Bkk and in that respect I am untypical.

I am retired, early, and quite comfotarble financially. It has been my ten-year habit to come here for four months each year to esacpe the (English) winter. I like the place a lot. It suits my lifestyle.

I stay in decent hotels around Sukhumvit, drink a lot, do the usual, eat in restaurants of various quality daily and travel in taxis all the time.

I'm not too bothered as it (money) cannot be taken with you. BUT, this city is getting very expensive.

If I was in a different situation in my life, I would certainly look elsewhere for my money's worth.

It seems to have been caused by a subtle equation of exchange rates, Thailand's inflation and, to me, an increasing tendancy to get as much out of the farang by the Bkk "business" people as you can. I use "business" in the loosest sense.

I Iwould never go anywhere else but I would recommend that a younger man considers further afield.

."

Edited by Beechboy

Good question. Of course it depends where you stay in Bkk and in that respect I am untypical.

I am retired, early, and quite comfotarble financially. It has been my ten-year habit to come here for four months each year to esacpe the (English) winter. I like the place a lot. It suits my lifestyle.

I stay in decent hotels around Sukhumvit, drink a lot, do the usual, eat in restaurants of various quality daily and travel in taxis all the time.

I'm not too bothered as it (money) cannot be taken with you. BUT, this city is getting very expensive.

If I was in a different situation in my life, I would certainly look elsewhere for my money's worth.

It seems to have been caused by a subtle equation of exchange rates, Thailand's inflation and, to me, an increasing tendancy to get as much out of the farang by the Bkk "business" people as you can. I use "business" in the loosest sense.

I Iwould never go anywhere else but I would recommend that a younger man considers further afield.

."

Thailand has so many other place that are half the cost without all the trash and traffic, get out, look around, you can find just about everything somewhere else in thailand for less cost than BKK