Re-Entry Permits At Suan Plu

I wasn't able to get my re-entry permit at Chaengwattana due to time constraints, I don't fancy another trip back and I don't want to leave until I get to the airport, can you still do it at Suan Plu on a Saturday morning? Has anybody done it lately, if so what was the wait time?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Grateful for that report John, very helpful.

Pitched up this morning and went through the old main entrance, really should have read your report properly, the lady there said I had to go to CW.

Went round the back, presented my form and copy of my email to a very nice young lady, walked out with my re-entry permit in under 10 minutes.

Geez Git.... I gave you the pictures...and even drew a little red line showing the way...

What more could you want??? :lol::D

(Because, the first time I went there for a Saturday re-entry permit, not knowing any better, I did exactly the same...headed for the old main entrance back from its main Immigration office days...and found it empty and no one there on a Saturday.....)

However today is not Saturday. So they must be allowing use throughout the week (if you use the email service)?

Yes, I picked that up from John's report, I was going to go tomorrow but I was going to be in the area today so I thought I would I would send them an email and try, it was fine.

As previously mentioned in the report on Suan Plu, which is linked above, they appear to be offering the email-ahead, "stop and stamp" service for re-entry permits on a Monday to Saturday basis... according to the staff there.... Even though it's not advertised that way.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Quick question: This means the service is also available from Mon to Fri, or only on Saturdays?

Thanks

Yes, but seems you must use the email service for service Mo. to Fri.

— For a re-entry permit,if you are in Bangkok area and you have an Internet access, you could fill in a TM. 8 form and send it to [email protected]— You should e-mail the completed form 1 day in advance.— You have to submit a 2" photo and pay a permit fee at counter 7, the Immigration Bureau (soi suanplu office.) — Fee for re-entry permit:

1,000 Bahts for single

3,800 Bahts for multiple

^^^^

It's also worth noting tall John's advice to take a copy of your email with you, they asked for mine.

Ya... they do... for reasons that escape me..

Probably because they don't actually read the emails you send/they receive and/or can't be bothered to look for yours when you arrive...

But just to note... they don't say on the Immigration web site that you should bring a printout of the email you send... But...obviously you should.

Most of the main immigration functions for farang, that used to be located in Suan Plu, moved to Chaeng Wattana some time back... Chaeng Wattana is now the main immigration office for BKK and surrounding areas...

However, there are still some limited immigration services available at Suan Plu.... for farang, mostly in the form of the re-entry permits as discussed above...

Extensions of stay and 90 day reports now go thru Chaeng Wattana for farang in the BKK area... though they'll also do re-entry permits as well.

Frankly, for anyone living in central/downtown Bangkok, the Suan Plu operation is a much more convenient way to get a re-entry permit...

But a lot of folks simply get their re-entry permit when they go to Chaeng Wattana each year to do their annual extension of stay, since they have to go there anyway.