Yingluck Denies Linkage Between Thaksin And Thai Govt

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some fans of Thaksin here likes to repeat that the election was a 'strong' referendum that the people wanted Thaksin and his party.

And on the other hand the current PM tries to deny that she is a proxy PM or that they are controlled by Thaksin.

Who is telling lies?

I think the same every time I read either argument.

hey webFACT

where is the actual quote of her saying as what's stated in your title Yingluck denies linkage between Thaksin and govt...?

is this a misleading heading or has she actually blatantly said there is no linkage between Thaksin and PTP?

oh of course im not saying ye would give false information like that, perish the thought but some clarification would be nice

Webfact reposts news articles. Go to the Nation and ask why they used that headline.

No.

Ok boys lets just get over it and let dear brother come home with a free pass. he will be home eventually might as well be sooner rather than later. That way we can all piss and moan about a great injustice or say justice has been done.

So far so good one day closer to home

Edited by moe666

Ok boys lets just get over it and let dear brother come home with a free pass. he will be home eventually might as well be sooner rather than later. That way we can all piss and moan about a great injustice or say justice has been done.

I'm totally, really totally against this. To me it would be like telling our children they can get away with anything they like, no need to respect law, order, parental guidance. Just go out, do what you want to do. If some one complains and you're not rich enough just get a gun and shoot some.

I have nothing against k. Thaksin spending a single day in jail and then be pardoned. I do want that single day though. <_<

I'm totally, really totally against this. To me it would be like telling our children they can get away with anything they like, no need to respect law, order, parental guidance. Just go out, do what you want to do. If some one complains and you're not rich enough just get a gun and shoot some.

I have nothing against k. Thaksin spending a single day in jail and then be pardoned. I do want that single day though. <_<

One day?

For a convicted criminal by a court of his making and at a time when his own party was in power, and who then when he could not get his way with his piggy bank Thailand, along with his henchmen Seh Dueang and some of the Red scum leadership unleashed civil war on Thailand? In a fantasy world if I was the supreme commander God of Thailand that Thaksin wants to be I would find him guilty and have him executed by firing squad immediately.

And as for Yingluck and the constant lies that she is not her brothers stooge. How stupid could anybody be to buy that. She may be pretty but her morals and values are corrupt and her credibility is already zero.

Edited by Roadman

One day?

For a convicted criminal by a court of his making and at a time when his own party was in power, and who then when he could not get his way with his piggy bank Thailand, along with his henchmen Seh Dueang and some of the Red scum leadership unleashed civil war on Thailand? In a fantasy world if I was the supreme commander God of Thailand that Thaksin wants to be I would find him guilty and have him executed by firing squad immediately.

And as for Yingluck and the constant lies that she is not her brothers stooge. How stupid could anybody be to buy that. She may be pretty but her morals and values are corrupt and her credibility is already zero.

Re your yingluck paragraph, I agree, and so many people have quickly forgotten that it was thaksin and not pt, who decided and announced she would be the pt nominee for PM. All totally open discussion and announcement, they certainly didn't attempt to hide that it was thaksins dictate.

Now she tries to claim there is no linkage.

Again the shin clan think every Thai person is stupid.

One day?

Agree with rubl's comment. In fact I have many many times used the paymaster and his antics as 'case studies' to explain to my children what a leader should not look like.

i believe you and i just saw the cow jump over the moon.do you believe me that i saw that

Red Shirts would if you were Thaksin.

And they would have seen the doctored-video evidence to prove it too ! :D

Only if it was a blue moon AND 100 pigs were flying in a perfect formation.

:rolleyes:

My goverment has absolutely no link to my brother, except that my foreign minister on the first day after his appointment lobbied the Japanese government to issue him a visa despite the fact that he maintains the status of a convicted felon.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except most of my ministers come from a political party whose election campaign slogan was 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai does'.

But apart from that my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except we are considering to make him an economic adviser-at-large.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except that I am his younger sister, who was hand-picked by him to become no.1 party list candidate for the PM post and who he described as his 'clone'.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except he has cooked up from afar grandiose economic and social development plans for Thailand like a 300 square kilometre land reclamation in the Gulf, a tablet computer for every elementary pupil and a minimum wage increase to 300 Baht.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except he wants to return by December to attend the wedding of his oldest daughter, so we are going to push for an amnesty for EVERYONE accused of political offenses; not only him, but including him.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except...

Well crafted piece. But apart from the above is there any link between Thaksin & Yingluck. :-)

My goverment has absolutely no link to my brother, except that my foreign minister on the first day after his appointment lobbied the Japanese government to issue him a visa despite the fact that he maintains the status of a convicted felon.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except most of my ministers come from a political party whose election campaign slogan was 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai does'.

But apart from that my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except we are considering to make him an economic adviser-at-large.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except that I am his younger sister, who was hand-picked by him to become no.1 party list candidate for the PM post and who he described as his 'clone'.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except he has cooked up from afar grandiose economic and social development plans for Thailand like a 300 square kilometre land reclamation in the Gulf, a tablet computer for every elementary pupil and a minimum wage increase to 300 Baht.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except he wants to return by December to attend the wedding of his oldest daughter, so we are going to push for an amnesty for EVERYONE accused of political offenses; not only him, but including him.

But apart from that, my government has absolutely no link to my brother, except...

Well crafted piece. But apart from the above is there any link between Thaksin & Yingluck. :-)

Rumour has it they have the same father and mother :D

Rumour has it they have the same father and mother :D

Perhaps you missed that she's his clone, that's sounds like a link.

The day will come soon enough when she can't answer any questions because no matter what she says she will step one of numerous minefields.

She better get quicker at constructing strategic answers

And/or get better at avoiding questions, but wait a moment she's already done that several times.

Edited by scorecard

The day will come soon enough when she can't answer any questions because no matter what she says she will step one of numerous minefields.

She better get quicker at constructing strategic answers

And/or get better at avoiding questions, but wait a moment she's already done that several times.

I think you may underestimate Ms. Evasiveness. Most quote have 'too early to say', 'I didn't know', ' didn't do', 'wait and see', 'wait six months', etc. The 'warm' smile seems to have lost some of it's luster and looks like thinning a bit. Must be tough to be both party list no.1 of Pheu Thai and PM with a majority of Pheu Thai know-it-alls. I almost feel sorry for her :ermm:

If there is a problem with the current constitution, then fix it. There is no point going back to a flawed constitution.

It the popular demand, she said.

Brought you in a free election and not with a coup, tanks in the street, emergency laws and undemocratic circumstances.

Was there a box on the voting form that said 'please change the constitution any way you like it'? Getting elected doesn't mean you have a carte blanche mandate on every issue, particularly when you hadn't got around to publishing your policies. That's just cheap political rhetoric.

According to Weng they are going to have two referenda one to ask whether to base the new charter on 1997 or 2007 and one to then put all the proposed changes that a drafting commission come up with to the people. Before doing either they will change a single section to allow the establishment of a drafting commission. This will be the most democratic way the charter has ever been changed if this is followed

Lets not forget a constitution was ripped up after a coup and a new one written and then put to referenda with the fall back being the military would select an old one of their choice if it was voted down. Lets not also forget the last government changed a few bits of the current constitution seemingly to allow a system to help them in a vote.

Bearing all that in mind and trying to be even handed it is hard to criticise what PTP are proposing as the people will have the say, and they can vote how they want. In the meantime the media, Dems and other interested power players can start putting their arguements forward for what they want in the charter and for what version they prefer. To just say it isnt necessary is to avoid reality of conflict and to deny a government its right to enact its policies which both the coup installed and the opportunist Abhisit government took without any kind of mandate. Lets let conflict be resolved by democracy and not by trying to resist it. When Abhisit said the last election was a let the people decide one he was right and it was even maybe an admirable statement. Now maybe that spirit should be allowed to grow.

Get real

The people will not bother to read the new proposals put forth and if they do they will not understand them. Don't know where people get the idea that the average Thai can read and understand legal mumble jumble. I highly doubt that the average expat can either.

Now if it was to be put forth in language that does not require a lawyer that would be a different kettle of fish.

The final version will be Thaksin endorsed make no mistake about that.

Bottom line

They will vote for them because Thaksin wants them to.

Edited by hellodolly

• 6 months later...

Yingluck denies linkage between Thaksin and govt

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday insisted there was no linkage between her government and her brother Thaksin.

Jirayu to meet Thaksin in Hong Kong

Pheu Thai Party Deputy Spokesman Jirayu Huangsap on Tuesday revealed he was in Hong Kong to meet former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"My talks with Thaksin will focus on seeking his advice about the upcoming race for the position of Bangkok governor," he said in an interview with INN online.

Jirayu said he wanted to consult Thaksin about a campaign strategy to meet specific needs of each locality in Bangkok.

The term of incumbent Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra, who is a Democrat, will end in January.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-13

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday insisted there was no linkage between her government and her brother Thaksin.

Pheu Thai Party Deputy Spokesman Jirayu Huangsap on Tuesday revealed he was in Hong Kong to meet former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

"My talks with Thaksin will focus on seeking his advice about the upcoming race for the position of Bangkok governor," he said in an interview with INN online.

Jirayu said he wanted to consult Thaksin about a campaign strategy to meet specific needs of each locality in Bangkok.

The term of incumbent Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra, who is a Democrat, will end in January.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-13

Most likely PM Yingluck doesn't know about this. K. Jirayu is Pheu Thai dept. spokesman and Ms. Yingluck is only Pheu Thai party list #1. Also in line with the behaviour and large amounts of sparetime both her Cabinet and Pheu Thai MP's seem to have, k. Jirayu may have gone 'a titre personel', took aa short holiday, payed for the trip himself, purely personal business huh.png

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-13

Most likely PM Yingluck doesn't know about this. K. Jirayu is Pheu Thai dept. spokesman and Ms. Yingluck is only Pheu Thai party list #1. Also in line with the behaviour and large amounts of sparetime both her Cabinet and Pheu Thai MP's seem to have, k. Jirayu may have gone 'a titre personel', took aa short holiday, payed for the trip himself, purely personal business huh.png

The OP is 7 months old yet still Buchholzs manages to find a "link"? You people are fond of saying that Yingluck has no political "nous" so what is so strange about a Deputy Spokesman for the PTP who wants to put himself up for the Governor post to ask advice of an old "political hand". How low do you go to imagine anything wrong or sinister about this and &lt;deleted&gt; does it have to do with the OP?

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-13

The OP is 7 months old yet still Buchholzs manages to find a "link"? You people are fond of saying that Yingluck has no political "nous" so what is so strange about a Deputy Spokesman for the PTP who wants to put himself up for the Governor post to ask advice of an old "political hand". How low do you go to imagine anything wrong or sinister about this and &lt;deleted&gt; does it have to do with the OP?

Relax, dear chap. Think of your blood pressure, no need to get all worked up.

1. For OPs from 2010 or older (and subjects of that time) people find links or even a need to re-discuss what has been discussed to death without any new aspects emerging.

2. What is strange is a Pheu Thai Dept. spokesman finding time and money to go ask a fugitive criminal for advise.

3. no need to go low to imagine anything wrong or sinister, similar to regular phone-ins to Pheu Thai HQ when some MP's who happen to be in the cabinet are there. Without the PM of course, plausible denyability at its best.

4. Whereas the PM has no need to know what her fellow Pheu Thai MP's are up to, anything out of the ordinary may reflect on her. Comes with the position.

Life's unfair to politicians. They crave attention, but not all attention they get.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-13

Relax, dear chap. Think of your blood pressure, no need to get all worked up.

1. For OPs from 2010 or older (and subjects of that time) people find links or even a need to re-discuss what has been discussed to death without any new aspects emerging.

2. What is strange is a Pheu Thai Dept. spokesman finding time and money to go ask a fugitive criminal for advise.

3. no need to go low to imagine anything wrong or sinister, similar to regular phone-ins to Pheu Thai HQ when some MP's who happen to be in the cabinet are there. Without the PM of course, plausible denyability at its best.

4. Whereas the PM has no need to know what her fellow Pheu Thai MP's are up to, anything out of the ordinary may reflect on her. Comes with the position.

Life's unfair to politicians. They crave attention, but not all attention they get.

Indeed.

It must hurt the Yingluckites to be reminded of her absurd statements such as the OP.

To point out the continued documented occurrences that run flagrantly contrary to her nonsense is irksome to them.

It must hurt the Yingluckites to be reminded of her absurd statements such as the OP.mTo point out the continued documented occurrences that run flagrantly contrary to her nonsense is irksome to them.

Good grief, now you're even writing in Calgarese! 8-]

It must hurt the Yingluckites to be reminded of her absurd statements such as the OP.mTo point out the continued documented occurrences that run flagrantly contrary to her nonsense is irksome to them.

:lol::P

laugh.pngtongue.png

Don't let publicly observed facts get in the way of a good denial or reality.

What more do we expect from this government...

Maybe getting a cabinet post comes with a glove puppet vasaline impregnated baht supply, to make taking that controlling hand back there so much easier to bear, and keep grinning and bobbing madly.

Edited by animatic

We have posters in one thread saying that everyone voted for Thaksin and want him back - and then others on the same team being upset when news-links are posted with Yingluck denying such links [that even her own fans say are there] exists.

Amazing.

• Like 1