Anyone Know This Place?

ctrunfree

yes. it's called tawan daeng (sp), big nightclub in the prasertland area behind nimmanhaemin. has big portraits of john lennon, che guevara, chairman mao and other assorted famous reds and lefties around the walls of the place.

yes. it's called tawan daeng (sp), big nightclub in the prasertland area behind nimmanhaemin. has big portraits of john lennon, che guevara, chairman mao and other assorted famous reds and lefties around the walls of the place.

Ah, so that's it! Thanks muchly..

Its a chain of Nightclubs around the country, I've been to the one in Khon Kaen also and its crazy, it makes the one in Chiang Mai look civilised. I think the chain has some connection to the group Caribou, but not quite sure what. There is also a big one in BKK.

John Lennon turned over a new leaf before he died.

John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death - according to the tragic Beatles star's last personal assistant.

Fred Seaman worked alongside the music legend from 1979 to Lennon's death at the end of 1980 and he reveals the star was a Ronald Reagan fan who enjoyed arguing with left-wing radicals who reminded him of his former self.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/06/28/lennon-was-a-closet-republican-assistant

John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death - according to the tragic Beatles star's last personal assistant.

Fred Seaman worked alongside the music legend from 1979 to Lennon's death at the end of 1980 and he reveals the star was a Ronald Reagan fan who enjoyed arguing with left-wing radicals who reminded him of his former self.

http://www.torontosu...lican-assistant

notwithstanding that lennon was indeed a self-centered, arrogant <deleted> in many ways in his final couple of years, i think it's extraordinarily unlikely that he suddenly became a fully-fledged card-carrying republican scumbag.

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/06/29/john_lennon_ronald_reagan

Its a chain of Nightclubs around the country, I've been to the one in Khon Kaen also and its crazy, it makes the one in Chiang Mai look civilised. I think the chain has some connection to the group Caribou, but not quite sure what. There is also a big one in BKK.

There are also in Korat, Surin, Ubon Ratchatani, Burirum and Mahasarakham.

notwithstanding that lennon was indeed a self-centered, arrogant <deleted> in many ways in his final couple of years

Lennon was a self-centered, arrogant d*ckhead long before the end of his life - all the "peace" and "love" stuff was just fashionable - but he sure made some good music. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Their music is too loud, many times have to walk out because no place to sit if go there after 23:00 o'clock and too long for waiting a free table but it is my favorite place already many years and I think when I am 80 years old I still want to go there (if I can smile.gifand also if they have no limit age of client, minimum 18 but max. ?), nice place and good music for people who like their music style.

notwithstanding that lennon was indeed a self-centered, arrogant <deleted> in many ways in his final couple of years

Lennon was a self-centered, arrogant d*ckhead long before the end of his life - all the "peace" and "love" stuff was just fashionable - but he sure made some good music. :thumbsup:

Never thought of him as being a radical at any point in his life. After all, the closest thing the Beatles ever wrote to a social protest song was "Tax Man".

http://www.torontosu...lican-assistant

notwithstanding that lennon was indeed a self-centered, arrogant <deleted> in many ways in his final couple of years, i think it's extraordinarily unlikely that he suddenly became a fully-fledged card-carrying republican scumbag.

http://www.salon.com...n_ronald_reagan

Possible there were certain elements of Reaganism that he was open to. Neil Young was tarred as a turncoat for that reason too. Young publicly agreed with a Reagan statement about people needing to take responsibility for their own lives instead of looking to the government and some interpreted that agreement as meaning that he was a closet conservative.

Is this club any good for picking up, GIRLS?

Otherwise sounds pretty boring just sitting in there with a drink and being deafened by blasting loud music.

Is there any place NOT good for picking up girls? Sure they have to be so drunk they're borderline unconscious, but after that they're easy to pick up, especially the smaller ones.

It's all about timing.

Is this club any good for picking up, GIRLS?

Otherwise sounds pretty boring just sitting in there with a drink and being deafened by blasting loud music.

I do not think so but in the reality it could happen in many places not only in night life entertainment such as fast food restuarant, coffee shop,... and after go there since they open the first one in Bangkok and now more than 10 years still keep going (not often but at least one time per year depend on where I live) I did not see or may be I am not interesting to see or know about it, so I do not think this club is good for picking up the girls. Do you think that Hard Rock cafe is good for picking up the girls?