The Truth About Interpol Warrant For Thaksin

webfact

I can't believe the BS being posted here.

Thaksin is a convicted criminal and either keeps out of Thailand and or takes his punishment. Which we all know he won't he was a meglomaniac and Thailand does not need him.

Unfortunately he is back at the helm and his sister is just a puppet with no idea how to run the country on her own.

The puppet master has already manipulated the system for his children to avoid capital gains tax.

Wake up a Thailand and let's have real democracy

Edited by roiethome

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having searched a bit, I cannot find a single webpage which clearly states 'Thai government said on request Interpol issued a warrant against k. Thaksin'. I can find many pages saying 'we will contact Interpol', 'we want Interpol to arrest', 'we prepare to approach'. The Thai criminal court issued an arrest warrant on terrorism charges that's all.

Either my search capabilities are too limited, or the k. Abhisit led government never said straight out 'Interpol issued a warrant'

Anyone who can search better than me and find a link ?

You're right on both counts, the first one is obvious (think outside the box when googling) and they never said straight out (but when have the Abhisit Government been straight about anything) "Interpol issued a warrant". What Abhisit did do, was to set the hapless bumbling FM Kasit on the case of tracking down Thaksin and repatriating him. Whilst he was doing that he periodically made statements that implied that Interpol was on the case and in one instance bemoaned their lack of sucess!

BANGKOK, Aug. 30 (Xinhua) -- Montenegro informed Thailand it will take legal action against Thailand's convicted ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra if Interpol put him on its wanted list, Thai Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya said Monday.

Local media, The Nation online, quoted Kasit as saying that Montenegro Foreign Minister Milan Rocen had, in his letters, said twice that the action against Thaksin by Montenegro will depend on whether the Interpol puts Thaksin on its wanted list.

Rocen was responding to Kasit's two letters in which Kasit informed Rocen about the political situation in Thailand as well as the Thai court's verdicts against Thaksin, to whom Montenegro has given citizenship.

http://news.xinhuane.../c_13469883.htm
In April, Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya spoke angrily about what he said was the slowness of foreign governments and Interpol to help in extraditing Mr. Thaksin.

"Everyone is washing their hands," Mr. Kasit said, "but he is a bloody terrorist."

http://www.nytimes.c...sia/26thai.html

No Bias there then...............

Nearer the truth is the fact that after the Abhisit Government had changed Thaksins name to

"Convicted Fugitive Republican Bad Man Shinawatra"

http://notthenation....009/04/thaksin/

this happened

DUBAI – On the run from the International Criminal Police Organization (Interpol) after a request by the Royal Thai Police to aid in his arrest, fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra is believed to have executed a bold escape from his hideaway in the United Arab Emirates by camel.
http://notthenation....dubai-by-camel/

Both of the above stories being as likely as the Democrat Government NOT implying/lying that they had Thaksin on the Interpol Arrest list.There's plenty more where the quotes above come from but why not google yourself................

Edited by phiphidon

Why is it time now? What has happened to change his conviction?

Er! well, his party and his policies, which were wildy popular, were vindicated by his party's landllside victory in the last election, removing the usurper K. Abhisit, who stole power from the people and never won an election.

Because interpol didn't issue an arrest warrant or whatever, therefore the paymaster should be given amnesty.

Please share your logic for this.

The logic is simple: He was overthrown in an illegal miltary coup, His government at the time enjoyed the popular support of the Thai people. He had done no more wrong than many other politicians. The policies he espouseed have now been reaffirmed by the Thai people so it makes sense to give an amnesty to the architect of those policies

It is the people of Thailand that I feel sorry for. These despots are keeping the people poor whilst stealing the money of Thailand. IMO opinion the only person in Thailand that would have any chance to affect change and is revered by almost every Thai and could bring bring the people together and move Thailand forward has been suspiciously silent these past few dark years. Very strange, is it possible that he is being controlled in some way.

This is hilarious. And shows the last Democrat government in its true light. It is time now to grant Thaksin the amnesty that everyone knows is on the way, so that the country can move on to more pressing matters...

I have learnt to Never argue with an idiot.

They drag you down to their level - then beat you with experience.

This is hilarious. And shows the last Democrat government in its true light. It is time now to grant Thaksin the amnesty that everyone knows is on the way, so that the country can move on to more pressing matters...

Dr Thaksin's criminal charges was politicaly motivated from the begining.

There was NEVER any truth about his supposed wrong doings.

Just watch the hero's welcome he will get when he gets home soon.

I can just hear him now when he's back in his office after being briefed about all the expat Anti-thaksin rhetouric over the past couple of years...."Is that right! OK double the retirment/long term resident visa requirements". :lol:

"I haven't committed a crime. What I did was fail to comply with the law."

Er! well, his party and his policies, which were wildy popular, were vindicated by his party's landllside victory in the last election, removing the usurper K. Abhisit, who stole power from the people and never won an election.

Because interpol didn't issue an arrest warrant or whatever, therefore the paymaster should be given amnesty.

The logic is simple: He was overthrown in an illegal miltary coup, His government at the time enjoyed the popular support of the Thai people. He had done no more wrong than many other politicians. The policies he espouseed have now been reaffirmed by the Thai people so it makes sense to give an amnesty to the architect of those policies

So you logic is

If 6 men commit a robbery and 1 is caught, he did not do anything different than other people did

The law is the law and if you are caught breaking the law we all must pay the penalty

In the illegal Coup not one person died

Yet look what happened in the Red Shirts Protest

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it as I live in Thailand

Why is this a surprise?

You want a real surprise? if you thought there had been a warrant and that the Abhisit government was taken seriously on this matter, wait until you find out who had been in communication with the former PM.

It's got to come out sooner or later. C'mnon Nation. What are you waiting for ? laugh.gif

The Thaksin bashers will be apoplectic.

Why the suspense if you are in the know let all of the peons in on the bigggggg secret.

Yeah, must be quite a big one....So go ahead GK , spill the beans,... Elighten us, poor normal human, bless us with your immense knowledge! Show that you are not only parading here !

Getting back to the topic of the article - arrest warrant - from the personal tone of this article it's very clear this Thai Rath writer is a red head, without sufficient objectivity to be a commentator or journalist. He assumes it was all just lies from the disgraced former government and now the truth comes out with the new darlings in power, but let's ask ourselves a few questions;

1. It's not difficult for an enquiring journalist, or a PTP spokesperson, to enquire with Interpol weather or not an arrest warrant for Thaksin has been issued, if so, the truth of this would have come out ages ago.

2. I don't recall any big new story previously about Thaksin being on an Interpol wanted list, nor the govt touting it to back up their actions, and if so Thaksin would have difficulty evading the Dubai police who are a member of Interpol and obliged to co-operate.

3.Thaksin himself would have PIs find out if such a warrant existed and therefore would have gone into hiding rather than waltzing around the world to countries that will have him.

4. The govt Opposition would have made a big story of The Govt's lies ages ago, if this was true.

Shocking that Thai Rath print this sort of garbage written by a lazy journo, acting on speculation and rumour.

He didn't steal power, he was elected prime minister in a democraticaly process...............so why twist this fact.

Again lies...........why so many?

His goverment was overthrown by the Thai people who could not stomach his blatant corruption. Where did the yellow shirts come from.

Either you were not in Thailand at the time or your mind has been corrupted like the poor miserable souls who were bought at the election. I

Another Thaksin fan! Why? It is quite possible that this story is not true either or that the Thai police mislead the Democrat government into believing that there was a warrant. Thaksin remains a dangerous, dishonest and manipulative human being responsible for the deaths of hundreds of innocents during his tenure. Anyone who cannot see the true nature of this evil man must lack something somewhere!

It is the people of Thailand that I feel sorry for. These despots are keeping the people poor whilst stealing the money of Thailand. IMO opinion the only person in Thailand that would have any chance to affect change and is revered by almost every Thai and could bring bring the people together and move Thailand forward has been suspiciously silent these past few dark years. Very strange, is it possible that he is being controlled in some way.

Yes. He is being controlled and is himself a stooge of extremely wealthypeople with more intelligence than he. www.landdestroyer.com is a good starting point but there are many other resources on the net you can use to learn about this board's favourite meglomaniac!!

IF he had stayed in the 1st place and took the punishment he would have been out by now... Also it is possible that IF he had stayed and fought the case a compromise may have been sought. But he didn't stay. he didn't appeal the case and he caused the extremes that we have seen here in Thailand.

I let me just point out i for one think that in his early years in power he did many good things for the country BUT when he got almost total control of Parliament it went to his head.

The Temasek / Ais being the biggest one that we know of.

Also was it not Suthep who was in charge of bringing Thaksin back... Now there is an arse B)

don't you think that only 2 years of jail was already a BIG compromise after all he has done? when you see that a tollway employee got 70 years of jail for stealing 40 000 baht of loose change during thaksin tenure.

Maybe the agrieved yellow shirts who now seem to utterly hate the Dems could initiate impeachment against Abhisit and Suthep etc for lying to the public

Edited to add: or for assisting a wanted fugitive

Edited by hammered

Surely, only a kings pardon will enable an amnesty to be given. If they can do it by re-writing the constitution then that is clearly wrong and means that someone has broken the law (been given a two year term in abstentia) and then told that they have been reprieved of their past illegal activities because they have moved the goal posts and are in the clear now due to changing a majority of the constitution back to the one in implemented in1997!!!

I think that lieing about her intentions and priorities has shown Yingluck up to be a dishonest and perpetual liar. Don't forget that she lied about her involvement in Thaksin's attempt to cover up his illegal affairs!!:realangry: The Shinawatra's are nothing but traitors to Thailand with her masquerading as their saviour to get her foot in the door to service Thaksin's personal matters. She stated several times that Thaksin's "amnesty" and "getting his passport back" were non-urgent and she would serve her people first - yet another lie and let-down for those Thai's who put their trust in her!!! Shame on them!!!

Everybody with a brain bigger than that of an amoeba had long understood that there was never ever a warrant. Nobody wanted Thaksin back. Maybe the new Foreign Mnister should file charges against all the big guns in the democrat party for helping a so called fugitive. Japan is not completely out of its mind, it knows perfectly well what it is doing, just like Germany and other Western Countries he was visiting.

The Democrats are patethic. Next elections they will win less than 100 seats. Som Nam Naa.

Everybody with a brain bigger than that of an amoeba had long understood that there was never ever a warrant. Nobody wanted Thaksin back. Maybe the new Foreign Mnister should file charges against all the big guns in the democrat party for helping a so called fugitive. Japan is not completely out of its mind, it knows perfectly well what it is doing, just like Germany and other Western Countries he was visiting.

The Democrats are patethic. Next elections they will win less than 100 seats. Som Nam Naa.

I think you are dead right about the direction the Dem party is heading in number of seats. They are the party of mamanged democracy and cant change it.

Of course Japan knows what it is doing and is securing its interests in Thailand. When Abhisit announced the vote as a let the people decide election the international community were watching carefully so they could then line their ducks up on the right side of the bitter Thai dispute and make sure interests were secured. Oddly enough Abhisits statement was the one thing he got right even if he didnt expect to have his butt kicked so badly, and it is downhill for them now especially after reselecting the unelectable hindranced on their vote that Abhisit is. And just think if the mass grave thing turns out to be as claimed what affect in modern Thailand that will have on the Democrats although I truly hope it is nothing to do with poltical conflict

Since an amoeba is a single cell organism and doesn't posses a brain then "everybody means nobody" (I think)!!.

The Democrats wanted him back - to serve his 2 year sentence and what do you mean by so-called fugitive??? He IS a fugitive and always will be until he deservedly"does his time". I truly hope that the government cannot get him an amnesty (as will all those red-shirts who lost relatives as EVERYONE would be off the hook, including the so-called murderous soldiers)!!

I wouldn't count on your last prediction because when the government messes up the country their support will soon dissolve and the red shirts will be pleading for the Democrats to come back!! OK, granted, maybe that is going a little bit too far. Once stupid always stupid :blink: .

AS far as i was aware. They sent the request IN Thai and Interpol requested it in English which has taken over 2 years to do.... It's very bothersome translating Thai legal jargon into English legal jargon don't you know B)

Ah . . . of course. The pride of the Thai nation.

R

I don't know why anyone ever believed there was an interpol warrant for him? Of course, I guess it would be easier to spin to the people that interpol were completely incompetent as opposed to Kasit and the Thai government of the day. I would dearly love for someone to invite Mr. Kasit for an armchair interview about this issue. He ran all over the place lobbying for countries to help him out to make Thaksin's life difficult, and very few listened.

Now that the Dems have gone, I expect quite a lot of contrition from the various countries that did ban him, but then if they had to deal with the government of the day, it isn't as though they couldn't appear to help the Dems out a little bit. What a complete farce.....

The farce is you here. It is not the Interpol warrant that is the issue but the fugitive criminal Thaksin Shinawatra who now effectively rules Thailand.

Interpol has a webpage on which everyone can check if there is an warrant or not.

I am curious if Thaksin knew this all along, or did he just accept the Thai newpapers as being accurate? Is Dubai outside of interpol jurisdiction? If he did know, why wasn't he travelling more?

Edited by bitterbatter

Is Dubai outside of interpol jurisdiction? If he did know, why wasn't he travelling more?

Dubai is a signatory to Interpol.

I dont there was a warrant and as sombody else has point out, I believe the goverment at the time didnt want him extradited back in Thailand as this would have certainly caused civil unrest...and if an interpol warrant had been issued...god forbid Interpol might just catch him...:whistling:

So a few lies were told to "satisfy the people" that interpol had declined the warrant...no one loose's face..its Interpol's fault and Thaksin stays out of Thailand.

A result for the previous goverment

Edited by Soutpeel

Having searched a bit, I cannot find a single webpage which clearly states 'Thai government said on request Interpol issued a warrant against k. Thaksin'. I can find many pages saying 'we will contact Interpol', 'we want Interpol to arrest', 'we prepare to approach'. The Thai criminal court issued an arrest warrant on terrorism charges that's all.

Either my search capabilities are too limited, or the k. Abhisit led government never said straight out 'Interpol issued a warrant'

Anyone who can search better than me and find a link ?

You're right on both counts, the first one is obvious (think outside the box when googling) and they never said straight out (but when have the Abhisit Government been straight about anything) "Interpol issued a warrant".

... rest removed

Thinking out of the box I can only conclude that your post suggests your searching capabilities are as limited as mine. Even you didn't find what I asked for. The rest of your post is just anti PM Abhisit government and anti FM Kosit. No need for that, just like I didn't post the anti-Thaksin stuff I found while searching.

BTW I started with search engines in 1995 on Altavista when it was still internal DEC.

So, if I understand and, more importantly, trust, what I have read in this thread (because I'm too lazy to do my own research), "The Truth About Interpol Warrant For Thaksin" is that:

1. There never was one, if fact no such thing actually exists. (re; ScubaBuddha post #25)
  2. No-one in the Democrat government ever actually said there was. (re; Rubl and others who are less lazy than me)

Have I got that right?

So, what exactly is the point of this news article?

So, what exactly is the point of this news article?

Propoganda, of course.

It allows a load of people to rejoice in Abhisit being 'caught out' while ignoring, or being ignorant of, the fact that he never said such a thing in the first place.

Edited by Moonrakers