Retirement Visa

Email from the folks.

Maybe the best way to go is single entry non o visa but on the visa application form it asks for your purpose of visit and your duration of proposed stay is that all stamped in your passport .What would we put for them two because when we go to Liverpool she is going to query us on that after asking her about retirement and how does that work when they check passports at Bangkok Airport when you have no flight ticket home but you have only applied for a 3 month visa don't want to be tripping ourselves up.Feel like we are asking lots of questions and getting more and more confused but we cant afford to get it wrong we need to know what we are doing properly don't fancy a stay in the Bangkok Hilton haha.

My folks do worry quite a lot but I understand there worry, it's a big step and to cock it up then it will become expensive and stressful.

Can someone reassure them all is fine in a very instructive way. wai.gif

Thanks

Darren

Check retirement conditions is normally accepted and 90 day stay is all visa allows so that is the time of stay - as Liverpool can not issue an O-A visa the O visa would be all they can provide (although arrival on even a tourist visa is all they really need (but would be additional step/fee after money in account for change of status). There is no requirement for exit ticket normally for home country applicants for visa as you are expected to be able to pay your way when you want to move on. Bangkok airport is not concerned as no ticket is required if you have a visa.

• Like 1

Check retirement conditions is normally accepted and 90 day stay is all visa allows so that is the time of stay - as Liverpool can not issue an O-A visa the O visa would be all they can provide (although arrival on even a tourist visa is all they really need (but would be additional step/fee after money in account for change of status). There is no requirement for exit ticket normally for home country applicants for visa as you are expected to be able to pay your way when you want to move on. Bangkok airport is not concerned as no ticket is required if you have a visa.

My thoughts exactly, they went to Liverpool Friday last week as it isn't too far from there home now. They could post the applications to Hull or London but they thought it easier to head to Liverpool.

Thanks

They would not get single entry non-o's in London because the embassy will only issue non OA visa for retirement. Liverpool is fine since it is a honorary consulate.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

So what do they write on the reason for visit part, and the duration of stay if they are applying for a single? They have just emailed me to ask. Can they put retirement or do you need to write something else? What are there options for this part of the application. Thanks

;)

Edited by jambco984

Sometihing like "investigating retirement options" should be fine.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Thaivisa Connect App

Thanks Mario.

And as for the duration of stay im hazarding a guess at 90 days? They will pick apart every detail of the application and leave me to find the answers haha.

Both should obtain single entry non immigrant O visas for 90 day stay. One should then extend one year for retirement after being here 60 days and meeting the financial conditions - spouse can then obtain matching dependent extension of stay without financial conditions. Proof of marriage will be required.

Hi Lopburi.

I have noticed that you have had a LOT of posts, maybe you can help me.

I have a retirement visa and have had for 4 years.

I do the 65,000 Baht a month.

Get a letter from my embassy and Thai bank book copy showing such.

My question is, i have 2 friends from the US and 1 from Australia.

They have the same visa but DO NOT have to have a Thai bank account.

Just a letter from their embassy, saying they have the funds in their country.

Seems a lot easier to me.

So why do i have to have a Thai bank account-- i do not understand.

Thanks for any help.

thumbsup.gif

The standard requirement is a letter from your Embassy for pension type income on retirement. Some form of proof can be asked in addition and that is likely where the Thai bank account, pension statement, bank statements for 3 months, and such come into play. Normally it is just a double check that the information in Embassy letter is valid and you can support your stay. Perhaps more common for those in younger years so perhaps it can be looked upon as a positive in that light (many would love to be 50 again).