Thai Police Suspect They Have Found Bodies Of 169 Missing Red-Shirts

webfact

[

And what was the source that the Thai non-red media got it from, that made them run with the type of headline that they did?

The red leaders have pretty much called for an investigation and refused to comment on whether they think it is reds or not.

Of course that is what they are saying. Don't you get it? The red leaders don't need to comment. Their work has been done for them.

The media quoted a police man

Anyway we are talking about police investiagting a load of dead bodies in a mass grave that it seems cant be accounted for.

It is kind of more important for it to be investighated than for a bunch of people to go off on a because Amsterdam mentioned it, it must be BS.
Where did they come from? Who are they? Why is there to date no papework? There may be an explanation but one thing is for sure the longer one isnt found the dodgier this looks whether reds or not.

And anyone who thinks many Thai people including non reds think that the bodies may well be reds because of what Robert Amsterdam wrote just doesnt get it. If nobody had said a thing and Abhisit announced had found them suspicions would be the same. Previous history on Thai demos over the decades causes that. And because RA said it doesnt make it right or wrong.

I hope the authorities can show that there is a reasonable explanation, and I hope they are not red shirts.

given the fact that Amsterdam has never uttered a true word, the fact that he is involved in the "breaking" of this story should make anyone MORE suspect of its veracity.

Edited by metisdead
Libel/defammatory comment edited out.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

given the fact that Amsterdam has never uttered a true word, the fact that he is involved in the "breaking" of this story should make anyone MORE suspect of its veracity.

And, given his comments on his facebook page, he has made a serious attempt to accuse people of human rights violations. I realise that's not a first for him, but claiming the slaughter and disposal of over 100 people in mass graves takes it to a whole new level. Let's hope he is hauled up to face charges of knowingly making very serious false accusations.

'two men from a charity organization' is a lot different than 'two men'

Really? So if two men bring in 169 bodies and say they are from a charity organization, no questions should be asked?

As it turns out, questions were asked, and everything seems to be in order.

I wasn't present when the bodies arrived but the story said the Wat had a burial ground so the arrival of bodies does not seem to be unprecedented. Also, anecdotelly, one of my customers is the head monk at the Wat Buddha Dallas and he and his fellow monks I've met at Wat Thepsirin in Bangkok seem to be honorable enough. I have difficulty believing the monks would take bodies 'willy nilly' unless they knew the drivers or knew the organisation from whom the bodies allegedely came from. Having checked the web for related stories, I am not surprised at the presence of mass graves at Thai Wats.

Really? So if two men bring in 169 bodies and say they are from a charity organization, no questions should be asked?

I wasn't present when the bodies arrived but the story said the Wat had a burial ground so the arrival of bodies does not seem to be unprecedented. Also, anecdotelly, one of my customers is the head monk at the Wat Buddha Dallas and he and his fellow monks I've met at Wat Thepsirin in Bangkok seem to be honorable enough. I have difficulty believing the monks would take bodies 'willy nilly' unless they knew the drivers or knew the organisation from whom the bodies allegedely came from. Having checked the web for related stories, I am not surprised at the presence of mass graves at Thai Wats.

So, how is 'two men from a charity organization' a lot different than 'two men'?

From various posts above, it doesn't seem unprecedented for a heap of bodies to turn up at a Wat, but I would hope that the monks would ask questions regardless of where "the men" said they or the bodies came from.

IF this turns out to be true this will be a massive worldwide story. 169 bodies?! gotten rid of by the government in a cover-up of its brutal tactics. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Is that egg on the face of your avatar?:D

Wonder how fresh the bullet wounds (if any) will be?

Two men / 169 corpses = 80 plus trips from truck to grave. Probably not accomplished in 30 mins; yet nobody noticed?

So will it be 10 million each for the families of these poor souls too?

Good point.

Would love to see how they stack them for one trip. I mean that is 4 tonnes. ( if on average 50kg/ pers).

Also, how do you count so many bodies in a mass grave after this time ?

Do you have ANY facts to support this, or is it just part of your stream of rabid drivel?

Do you have ANY facts to disprove my theory? Which part are you so angry about, the incompetence is already proven to be fair, as for my other thoughts they are merely possibilities, hence the use of the word 'possible' in my post, at no point to I present anything in my post that i purport to be hard facts.

Deary me haha

The person making the accusation has to prove it true, not the other way around.

Thats why you will like LM so much. Nobody has to prove anything

Uh, clearly my line would suggest the opposite.

And I don't like the law at all.

597,500 bullets were taken out of army arsenals and 479,577 returned meaning 117,923 bullets were fired

Thats a summation from the unmentionable source in March of what was reported in parliament

No, it doesn't. I means that 479,577 was accounted for and returned. Nothing else.

Drop the red glasses and get some perspective on things.

On the upside, if that many bullets was fired it is clear the army wasn't out to kill anyone, as they wasn't aiming at the protesters much... :rolleyes:

All the corpses being male is intriguing.

It was my experience watching Red Shirt rallies was they were overwhelmingly attended to by women.

Presumably armed to the teeth?

It seemed the women's main armament at the rallies I attended was simply tonnage, which can't be discounted as a serious concern.

Deputy national police chief General Prew Damapong denied Friday that he ordered the checks on 169 unidentified bodies on suspicion of linkage to the missing red shirts, in three mass graves in Rayong. "I have no involvement in the matter," he said.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said she has not received any new information about the case from deputy police chief Police General Preowpan Damapong, who is overseeing the matter.

They can't get their lies straight again. What a joke.

Day 1:

Yingluck: Hey Preowpan. We've got some bodies in some temples and we want you to say they are red shirts. It's really easy and there's a bonus in it for you to. You in?

Preowpan: Sounds a doddle, count me in.

Day 2:

Yingluck: Hey Preowpan. Those bodies I told you about, well there's been a hitch. Turns out they've been dead for some time longer than the riots and the press have gotten hold of it, so it might not be as easy as we thought. We still got a deal?

Preowpan: Errrr. Deal, what deal? I don't know anything about a deal about bodies whistling.gif

There's serious efforts going on from the current government to make Potjaman's brother, Preowpan, the National Police Chief... in charge of all the nation's crime-fighters.

Reds inspect 169 bodies found in Rayong

By The Nation

30163220-01.jpg

A team of red shirts yesterday inspected three Rayong temples where a total of 169 anonymous bodies have been stored in morgues, in their own belief that some of them were pro-Thaksin Shinawatra supporters who went missing during their protests in Bangkok in 2009.

At Wat Khlong Tak Wa in Klaeng district, abbot Phra Athikarn Wirat Atiweero old the red shirts and Deputy Transport Minister Chatt Kuldiloke and a senior policeman that the anonymous 72 bodies stored in temple morgues were transferred from a temple in Chumphon's Lang Suang district.

The monk said the bodies could be exhumed pending future decision from police and death certificates and permits for dead body transport were available for a number of bodies and would be produced by a local charity foundation who had them in custody, upon request.

Inspections by red shirts and local police were made also at Wat Samor Phrong, where 36 bodies were stored and at Wat Duang Hin with 61 bodies in custody, according to various news reports.

However, a charity official, Somdej Kheosakul, said the bodies actually numbered 165 and none of them were those killed from tsunami in 2004 or Cyclone Gay in 1989 which hit the South and killed more than 6,000 people in total.

The bodies were transported to the three Rayong temples in August 2009, each in a coffin. Of the total, 158 belonged to males and seven to females, and most of them had lost flesh entirely while some were complete skeletal remains, he added.

The inspections, confiscation and exhumation of the bodies have been ordered by the Royal Thai Police following petitions from red shirts and human rights groups on their supicion that the bodies could have belonged to a few red shirts who went missing during their non-violent protests in Bagnkok in 2009.

Among many theories is a speculation that the bodies could even belong to protestors who joined in the pro-democracy upheaval in May 1992 and since went missing.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra said official verication of causes of deaths relevant to the bodies and identification of the bodies were essential before any action would be taken or comments be made.

A Democrat MP, Chumphon-based Chumphol Julsai, said most bodies belonged to those killed in Cyclone Gay, citing as claiming documents from a Chumphon-based charity foundation which transported the bodies to the Rayong temples.

Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha called on the public and the media to jump to a conclusion that the bodies were those of missing red shirts, while former prime minister Abhsit Vejjajiva said he was not worried about red shirts' attempts to link the issue to missing red shirts.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-08-20

Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha called on the public and the media to jump to a conclusion

The forum is in full compliance with the General's recommendation.

:thumbsup:

I thought the same. He's obviously an avid reader of TVF.

" Guy's house burgled and one million baht's worth of goodies stolen? Obviously the bloke's girlfriend. Can't trust those Thai women"

"Tourists dead in a Chiang Mai hotel? Murdered by staff. Case closed "

Although I assume the general is a lurker. I'm waiting for his first contribution like " What are the correct tyre pressure for a Toyota Vigo Pre-runner?"

So, how is 'two men from a charity organization' a lot different than 'two men'?

From various posts above, it doesn't seem unprecedented for a heap of bodies to turn up at a Wat, but I would hope that the monks would ask questions regardless of where "the men" said they or the bodies came from.

identified vs unidentified

What's fishy? Bangkok Pundit quoted the Nation when he wrote; Pol Lt-General Santhan Chayanont, commander of the police bureau's Law and Case Office, led a team yesterday to inspect Wat Klong Takwa and Wat Huai Yang of the eastern seaboard's Klaeng district. The police discovered 72 bodies at the first temple and another 97 at the second.

There are bodies. Now its just a question of identifying them and it will take weeks if not months.

Bullet wounds will be a dead (no pun intended) giveaway.

yes thats the one ( bullet ) found in the bodies will tell the truth, but it gets me that they aready have people saying many things , dig them up and check the bodies any with bullet wholes will have been murders but it sounds like there will be people comming up with a reason for that also , what is going on these people must be in a dream , like death of anyone is sad and the system should get the people that did the act and let them rot in prison !

The trouble is without a paper trail too many are already thinking the worst and that is before any red media campaign. It would be nice if a paper chain could be found as Thailand isnt the place it was before where when a big name gave an explanation it was accepted or at least moved on from. Without that paper trail or an evidential based explanation this is only going to spiral. Luckily it looks as though the authorities are aware fo this and to date everyone has been quite restrained in what they have said, whihc is posiitve

It seems that the "red media campaign" started the whole thing, with RA's post on Facebook.

Exactly...it seems that the first place it appeared was in Robert Amsterdam's Facebook, and it spread through the media from there.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/robert-amsterdam/mass-grave-of-169-bodies-from-2010-discovered-in-thailand/236295033074348

As per the other paper this morning, yes, seems now there is a paper trail and local police were aware of the situation for moving the bodies who died in the typhoon.

Which seemingly leaves Amsterdam as the instigator in yet another series of lies and distortions.

A lot of hoopla generated by the Public Relations Consultant to Thaksin.... which has turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Edited by Buchholz

Even numbers can't always be relied upon when spoken. in Thai, the number 11 sounds almost identical to the number 18.

I suggest you get your hearing tested:

How on earth does Sip Et sound like Sip Paet. And if it does then so does Sip Jet etc.

Enough of the drivel.......

A team of red shirts yesterday inspected three Rayong temples where a total of 169 anonymous bodies have been stored in morgues, in their own belief that some of them were pro-Thaksin Shinawatra supporters who went missing during their protests in Bangkok in 2009.

The inspections, confiscation and exhumation of the bodies have been ordered by the Royal Thai Police following petitions from red shirts and human rights groups on their supicion that the bodies could have belonged to a few red shirts who went missing during their non-violent protests in Bagnkok in 2009.

Their theory of them being from the 2010 protest has been debunked so they've changed their story to them being from the 2009 protests!

When did they have "non-violent" protests in 2009, and why would people go missing from that?

However, a charity official, Somdej Kheosakul, said the bodies actually numbered 165 and none of them were those killed from tsunami in 2004 or Cyclone Gay in 1989 which hit the South and killed more than 6,000 people in total.

So, WHERE did they come from then? If you know, then why don't you say.

Among many theories is a speculation that the bodies could even belong to protestors who joined in the pro-democracy upheaval in May 1992 and since went missing.

Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha called on the public and the media to jump to a conclusion that the bodies were those of missing red shirts,

Anyone else want to jump to any conclusions?

Well this complete non-story managed to keep the growing discontent within the red shirts of Phua Thai on display at last night's rally off the front-pages.

Well done Amsterdam & co.

They didn't want the gathering last night to be publicised after they were denied use of the Wat.

Exactly...it seems that the first place it appeared was in Robert Amsterdam's Facebook, and it spread through the media from there.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/robert-amsterdam/mass-grave-of-169-bodies-from-2010-discovered-in-thailand/236295033074348

As per the other paper this morning, yes, seems now there is a paper trail and local police were aware of the situation for moving the bodies who died in the typhoon.

Which seemingly leaves Amsterdam as the instigator in yet another series of lies and distortions.

A lot of hoopla generated by the Public Relations Consultant to Thaksin.... which has turned out to be much ado about nothing.

Public Relations appears to be a mucky way of making a living, but no doubt RA will make up for his faux-pas, with a sincere & heartfelt apology to the previous government for his mistake. :whistling:

Well this complete non-story managed to keep the growing discontent within the red shirts of Phua Thai on display at last night's rally off the front-pages.

Well done Amsterdam & co.

They didn't want the gathering last night to be publicised after they were denied use of the Wat.

I think there's several other aspects of it they don't want to see publicised also.

Their theory of them being from the 2010 protest has been debunked so they've changed their story to them being from the 2009 protests!

When did they have "non-violent" protests in 2009, and why would people go missing from that?

So, WHERE did they come from then? If you know, then why don't you say.

Army commander General Prayuth Chan-ocha called on the public and the media to jump to a conclusion that the bodies were those of missing red shirts,

Anyone else want to jump to any conclusions?

You are right nobody knows where they came from. In many way sit is irrelevent if they are red or not. It is a bunch of dead bodies that someone needs to explain. Everyone has a theory and will continue to have one until an explanation is forthcoming. By the way, it is being reported somewhat differently in Thai media with more information and the discussion is going in a somewhat different way