World'S Sexiest Accents

Berkshire

Out of some 7,000 languages from around the world, Thai makes the top 12. Just goes to show that if you're not learning the language, you're missing out!

http://www.cnngo.com...333?hpt=hp_bn10

"With five tones comprising their native speech, the traffickers of this often fragile accent turn any language into a song of seduction. Thai is largely monosyllabic, so multi-beat foreign words get extra emphases right up until the last letter, which is often left off, leaving the listener wanting more. (Or at least asking "Huh?" lustfully.)"

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see in the Thai section they use a picture of Tony Jaa

"CHANG U NAI?"

Yeah gives me the horn every time. :huh:

the traffickers of this often fragile accent turn any language into a song of seduction

They've obviously never heard my neighbour going off when her husband comes home lashed to the tits. She sound like an epileptic Stuka dive bomber.

Edited by mca

WOW didnt realise standing outside a beer bar shouting..."hellooo, welcome hansome man" counted as a sexy accent... :rolleyes:

Learn something new every day

Agreed, a lot of things come to mind when someone speaks to me in a Thai accent, it being sexy certainly isnt one of them :bah:

Khmer is far more gentle on the ears than Thai.

While gently spoken Thai is a lovely language to hear, I've heard too many drunks, rancid tarts and peasants mouthing off to make it a "sexy" language.

The less said about pissed up English "teachers" trying to impress tourists with their phrasebook Thai in the bars, the better.

Edited by HeavyDrinker

Khmer is far more gentle on the ears than Thai.

While gently spoken Thai is a lovely language to hear, I've heard too many drunks, rancid tarts and peasants mouthing off to make it a "sexy" language.

The less said about pissed up English "teachers" trying to impress tourists with their phrasebook Thai in the bars, the better.

To my ears, Khmer almost comes across more naturally guttural than it's closer cousin....

The less said about English "teachers" the better full stop,

Although at times they are a good source of amusment

its just a collumn by a bored person trying to get his 20 000baht monthly check to keep going to the bars..

Thais outside of the nightlife have a nice accent but its no where near any of the other one in that list and its not sexy (a lot of screeching and ear piercing ayeeee's) except irish.. Seriously who in the world thinks irish sounds sexy? it sounds funny and different thats it.

Even russian sounds more sexy.. even a fat russian on tape sounds like a sex kitten.

Edited by thaiIand

its just a collumn by a bored person trying to get his 20 000baht monthly check to keep going to the bars..

Thais outside of the nightlife have a nice accent but its no where near any of the other one in that list and its not sexy (a lot of screeching and ear piercing ayeeee's) except irish.. Seriously who in the world thinks irish sounds sexy? it sounds funny and different thats it.

Even russian sounds more sexy.. even a fat russian on tape sounds like a sex kitten.

The way your post is written are you sure you havent just walked out of a bar....:rolleyes:

I see in the Thai section they use a picture of Tony Jaa

"CHANG U NAI?"

Yeah gives me the horn every time. :huh:

the traffickers of this often fragile accent turn any language into a song of seduction

They've obviously never heard my neighbour going off when her husband comes home lashed to the tits. She sound like an epileptic Stuka dive bomber.

:D Yes ... I think an angry Italian girlfriend would still sound sexy .... byt angry Thai is just painful.

Especially when they parade their 'Look at me I live and work in Thailand' badge round lower Sukhumvit, the every shiny nylon tie.

Especially when they parade their 'Look at me I live and work in Thailand' badge round lower Sukhumvit, the every shiny nylon tie.

Looks like you could use their services yourself there Kananga. :D

No idea what this thread has to do with dissing English teachers since honestly I don't see any thing in the original article discussing them in any way, shape or form.

Southern Thai is not sexy for sure and tbh, I don't think a posh accent is that sexy either. There's a reason its called "plummy".

Well, lets face it, sexy has alot to do with the person speaking eh?

I mean, regardless of how Tony Jaa sounds, he sure looks good saying it ;)

That said, a less "country" Irish accent certainly has an appeal.

White socks - black/brown shoes, or even worse dress trousers + shirt & tie and running shoes ....<deleted> is all that about

any accent is going to sound sexier when the girl is wearing a bikini and working the brass pole

Yes but does 'haam yai-yai' sound more convincing from the Sisaket siren or the Buriram bombshell?

I'd personally go for the Surin slapper or the Mahasalakham minger.

Well, lets face it, sexy has alot to do with the person speaking eh?

I mean, regardless of how Tony Jaa sounds, he sure looks good saying it ;)

You like 'em rough and ready eh sbk? ;)

washboard abs get me every time ;)