Ghang Khan Loei

songhklasid

It is a very nice place chaing khan will have the meekong coming down. they have a really nice market on the river and phu rua national park about 50km fropm loei is worth a look great views to see there hope you enjoy

Yes Sid. Chiang Khan is a great place to base yourself for a few days.

Heaps of guesthouses on the riverfront.

If you are driving from Nong Khai along the river then maybe a turn inland for the "Tan Thip" waterfall just before you exit the Nong Khai province.

Also to the east of CK is Pak Chom, wonderful sunset dinners etc.

Inland, as mentioned is the Phu Ruea national park, and all the surrounding districts are abserrloootly superb .. loved it; can't wait to go back.

To the west is the interesting drive through the Tha Lee and Na Haeo amphurs .. again, great driving.

Not sure what time of the year you intend going but around Aug Pansa there is a big 6/7 day MorLam festival in the town of CK itself. Again, well worth a visit. We first went in 2003 and the last was in 2009 but I feel that in recent years it has regressed to Thai pop music with the usual running battles of the local Thai youth from surounding villages ... <deleted>!

But please mate, never mind advice from the internet and TV, please go to the Loei province, Chiang Khan town and follow your heart; enjoy!!

Yes Sid. Chiang Khan is a great place to base yourself for a few days.

Heaps of guesthouses on the riverfront.

If you are driving from Nong Khai along the river then maybe a turn inland for the "Tan Thip" waterfall just before you exit the Nong Khai province.

Also to the east of CK is Pak Chom, wonderful sunset dinners etc.

Inland, as mentioned is the Phu Ruea national park, and all the surrounding districts are abserrloootly superb .. loved it; can't wait to go back.

To the west is the interesting drive through the Tha Lee and Na Haeo amphurs .. again, great driving.

Not sure what time of the year you intend going but around Aug Pansa there is a big 6/7 day MorLam festival in the town of CK itself. Again, well worth a visit. We first went in 2003 and the last was in 2009 but I feel that in recent years it has regressed to Thai pop music with the usual running battles of the local Thai youth from surounding villages ... <deleted>!

But please mate, never mind advice from the internet and TV, please go to the Loei province, Chiang Khan town and follow your heart; enjoy!!

Thanks sounds good, have to put CK on my to visit list, #2 (my little isaan princess) will definately enjoy, maybe hire motorbike from nong-khai, & spend a week there & back to nong- khai, is that enough time ?

regards songhklasid.B)

That's heaps of time. The trip NK to CK is about 6/7 hours along the river, but, as all will agree, the weather is a bit dodgy until October for a motor-cycle trip.

You must be riding a bicycle if it takes you that long. If you are driving, you can take your time and make the trip in less than three hours.

That's heaps of time. The trip NK to CK is about 6/7 hours along the river, but, as all will agree, the weather is a bit dodgy until October for a motor-cycle trip.

You must be riding a bicycle if it takes you that long. If you are driving, you can take your time and make the trip in less than three hours.

The bike had a flat tyre aswell!! Yep Gary A; 6/7 hours was an over estimate but I had included a stop at the Tan Thip waterfall.

Hey Sid; check the link below for photos to wet your appetite.

Cx

http://www.captainslash.com/udon-thani-nong-khai-chiang-khan-mekong-hueang-confluence/

Sorry mods; I hope you dont mind!!

The bike had a flat tyre aswell!! Yep Gary A; 6/7 hours was an over estimate but I had included a stop at the Tan Thip waterfall.

Hey Sid; check the link below for photos to wet your appetite.

CxWow, I am impressed, some really good photography there, How big a bike do you have in thailand, I tried a few shorter trips amnat-chareon to mukdahan, nong-khai- sri chaing-mai , but always end up with sore arse on my honda dream 125 powerhouse.

regards

songhklasid B)

http://www.captainsl...ang-confluence/

Sorry mods; I hope you dont mind!!