What Causes A Small %age Of Thai Girls To Lie?

Neeranam

Johpa has spent years bragging about writing letters that shaft gullible farangs. It's only a pity that the woman he married didn't turn out to be a whore...

Maybe she is.

Perhaps that is why he wants everyone else to be as miserable as him. :o

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All morals are luxuries if life's necessities haven't been gained.

I don't believe evolution has any morals....

isn't lying just a perspective of interpretation? I am sure that would be the definition espoused by politicians spin doctors.....

and how western is this definition of love you are referring to?

The funny thing about the English bloke that was financially injured is that if he hadn't been such a pervert she might have stayed with him.  But his stupidity was but one of his failings.  Really, after some 25 years, I have rarely met the Farang man in Thailand who didn't deserve his fate.  And that includes moi.

Sad. BTW, what is a pervert to you...

Some will say oral sex is a perversion..

I think Neeranam has posted a good topic for discussion and I thank the mods for letting this one be so it can be discussed properly without assuming it a bargirl thread.

I'm fascinated to learn about other poeple's cultures and ways of life and would love to try and understand the psychology of the Thai girls being discussed here. Yes it's easy to come to the conclusion that they are all liars and deceivers and perhaps a lot of them are, but, whether they are a majority or not can't easily be said. Hey maybe someone could sponsor me to carry out a full research project on the subject...?!

Edited by zaz

I think you often find what you want to find.

If you go looking for truthfulness in go-go bars and tourist ghettos, gee, what a surprise it is not that common.

Saothai said something in another thread about looking in the right places and with the right attitude.

----------------------------

Maybe we should start asking ourselves why 'people' lie? Once we think we have a good answer to that, we can get into cultural specifics.

Good point meadish, people lie to get something they specifically want.  Fair enough, but as we know, what goes around comes around - is it worth it?  For some I guess the answer is yes.

How many of you have lied to your boss, telling him what a great worker you are just to get an increase in wages?

How many of you have lied to your partner so as to hide some indiscretion on your part that may hurt them?

How many of you have lied about your age?

How many of you have lied about your sexual conquests?

How many of you have lied about the amount of money you have in the bank?

How many of you have lied to the Tax man?

The list goes on and on.....

If you claim to only tell the truth at all times...you are a liar !!! :o

How many of you have lied to your boss, telling him what a great worker you are just to get an increase in wages?

How many of you have lied to your partner so as to hide some indiscretion on your part that may hurt them?

How many of you have lied about your sexual conquests?

If you claim to only tell the truth at all times...you are a liar !!!  :o

OK, now you have to differentiate between a white lie...."My 'old fella' is as big as a Burmese Python" or a bad lie "Dakling, my buffalo is a bit off colour, please send me your life savings so that I can rip your heart out through your wallet." :D

OK, now you have to differentiate between a white lie...."My 'old fella' is as big as a Burmese Python" or a bad lie "Dakling, my buffalo is a bit off colour, please send me your life savings so that I can rip your heart out through your wallet." :o

Good point chuchok - it's the indescretion of the sick buffalo lie. It could be seen as blatant and cold blooded or they could just be trying it on and take the chance of a good catch. Success or failure they will either milk you or just move on swiftly to the next target.

How many of you have lied to your boss, telling him what a great worker you are just to get an increase in wages?yes

How many of you have lied to your partner so as to hide some indiscretion on your part that may hurt them?yes

How many of you have lied about your sexual conquests?yes

If you claim to only tell the truth at all times...you are a liar !!! rolleyes.gif

The "sick buffalo" type of lie is used mostly due to lack of understanding and communication. IMHO this is not that bad. Many Thai woman simply can't speak enough English to explain what the money is really for and the guy would not understand the cultural difference. Simply the money is given as the woman needs it for usually some family crisis, which is similar to a sick buffalo in farming households.

Anyone got examples of this kind of lie?

What about grandmother died and need money for the funeral - remember when translating grandmother you get "yai" which means ALL elder female relatives and some friends.

The fish in the fish-farm have got bird flu.

etc etc.

How many farang here know about the "pyramid share scheme" which is often the real reason with country girls?

Edited by Neeranam

I've been given the excuse "I have big problem - no money to pay for room" - ok fair enough I said, get yourself a job... :o I mean flippin eck she lives in a sukhumvit apartment and says she pays 8000/month thats hardly budget is it?!! Anyway I did eventually ask her how much she needs and I get the answer...20...I said 20 baht ok thats fine...no she says 20 thousand....I didn't send her any money but I did manage to loose the equivalent of over 40,000 baht on gambling in 3 days last week....money that I could have sent to her regardless of what she would have done with it.... :D

So what's this pyramid scheme about? Not heard of that one.

So what's this pyramid scheme about?  Not heard of that one.

Not 100% sure but I believe it's the one where everybody borrows from eachother and one gets the money every month.

Say you got 10 people each contributing 2000baht so one person gets 18,000.

Next month same story and another person from the group gets to hold the 18,000.

Well Stickman is not exactly an expert...he's a dork that I believe writes his wifes own column.
What understanding do you have of Asian culture in general Neeranam?
What is your contribution to this thread?

Are you some kind of expert? Please help us all and try to answer our questions.

MONEY MAKES EVERYONE GREEDY , ITS NOT AN ASIAN THING . ITS A FARANG STUPID THING

The view from some expats that all Thai women are liars and thieves really pisses me off. Some poor girls will lie their arse off when there is some old sucker willing to give them 5,000 baht a month. Do this for a few years, then when he is close to death, marry him and deprive his middle-aged kids of their inheritance. Even if he is a poor farang with only 5 million baht, that is still more than if you won the national lottery! All they have to do is lie for a few of weeks a year. The jackpot is relatively HUGE for them.

Thai women are not more or less honest than western women, in my experience.

It usually comes from the retired newbie who thinks all Thai woman say "chawp poong koon mak mak tee rak" whilst sitting on their laps in a public bar. :o

She was a waitress in Pattaya restaurant, honest! She went there as a career move, meeting a farang(me, 25 years her senior) was a lucky bonus.

What many guys don't realise is the huge amounts of cash at stake here. 10,000 baht a month is huge for many Thais, and they would never normally get half that much even working a 80 hour week.

I know young women who work 60 hard hours a week in Isaan for 3500 baht. 

Just think what is the most money you have ever earned in a week. Double that amount and then think what you would do if some old foreigner was willing to  give you that every week if you stopped working, if all you had to do was spend 4 weeks a year with them at a holiday resort and they paid for everything and gave you expensive gifts.

How many Western women would do the same. What's the average wage? I'm sure there would be a lot more "prossie" in my country if the same relative jackpots were so easily available there.

It's not that Thai women are liars or cheats, it's because the poor ones just can't refuse the easy big money.

Your comment about western women is completely off. Plenty of rich guys in the west and very few young girls are whores.

As for lying, most are so good at it one could believe, as you seem to, they are honest. But honesty is not the Thai way. Lying is the way Thais do things. Whether that is good or bad is another matter.