Our New Products In Rimping Supermarket

SausageKing

Ha Haaaaaaaa its all in the name SAUSAGE KING .hope you enjoy the chicken tikka massala. Rob/sk

Hi and thank you for trying our curry chicken tikka massala and yes we BBQ the chicken first and we use a tandoori mix to marinade the chicken in and this is what gives the curry a red color.It is also finished with yogurt and fresh cream and a sprinkle of fresh coriander and yum yum. Hope you enjoy it.Rob/sk

Went to Rimping yesterday to get some ground beef and thought would give the Chicken Tikka Masala (CTM) a try, quite a few curry products in stock at the time.

Not bad at all, noticed that the CTM had been prepared with The chicken being barbequed, in my opinion the correct way of making a CTM full marks for that, so often one can have a Chicken Tikka Masala where the chicken has just been thrown in to the sauce and paraded on menu's as CTM.

One thing i could not understand was why was it so red in color, was Cochineal used (Carminic Acid)or, Beetroot even (Just kidding on that one) usually the Tumeric will give this sort of a dish a golden yellow brownie color ,but i have yet to see a red one.

May be the Chef could throw some light on this for me, i would be very interested to know.

TB

Ah so i was eating a Tandori Chicken Tikka Masala now that explains it. so i was getting Two in one, can't complain for 99 Baht.

Ah yes before i forget i was in Rimping with the missus (when i purchased the CTM) who actually said to me oh he have big sausage....steady gurl :o

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing i could not understand was why was it so red in color, was Cochineal used (Carminic Acid)or, Beetroot even (Just kidding on that one) usually the Tumeric will give this sort of a dish a golden yellow brownie color ,but i have yet to see a red one.

May be the Chef could throw some light on this for me, i would be very interested to know.

Sausage king's Reply :

'We use a tandoori mix to marinade the chicken in and this is what gives the curry the red colour"

I too, was a little intimidated by the aggressiveness of the very,very red colour of the Chicken Tikka Masala and don't feel SK's reply quite answers my concerns ; though it seemed to satisfy tigerbalm. What exactly is the red colour? Also I'd also like to know the names of the other softer ingredients. Any objections to listing ingredients? And that plastic container ; can be microwaved for 5 minutes without hazard to health and safety? It's tasty but I do like to know what I'm eating.

We sell lots of your pies in The Olde Bell as you know Rob. I'd like to try the Steak and Gunness Pie, can you call me and I'll give you an order.

Hi Pedra yes you sell a lot of our pies and sausage and 100% steak burgers. I will be happy to give you a sample to try first

Had to laugh :D

er....Why? That seems a perfectly reasonable way to proceed! I suppose, supporting West Ham you need something to laugh about!!

Aldershot, Aldershot, Aldershot!!!!! BTW where is Aldershot?

Edited by OldeBellPedr

Sausage king's Reply :

'We use a tandoori mix to marinade the chicken in and this is what gives the curry the red colour"

I too, was a little intimidated by the aggressiveness of the very,very red colour of the Chicken Tikka Masala and don't feel SK's reply quite answers my concerns ; though it seemed to satisfy tigerbalm. What exactly is the red colour? Also I'd also like to know the names of the other softer ingredients. Any objections to listing ingredients? And that plastic container ; can be microwaved for 5 minutes without hazard to health and safety? It's tasty but I do like to know what I'm eating.

Hi

It did not realy satisfy or answer my question admittedly but the Sponsor i felt gave the best answer with out giving away any secrets, and i understand that.

My impression is that some sort of coloring has been used, the most common of these being used now a days is Cochanile or Carminic Acid and has been for 100's of years,apart from being used in food coloring it has also been used by the cosmetics industry and the clothing industry.

i think it is also known as E120, a relatively safe additive from what i read apart from one thing that i read where it says and i quote "Cochineal it is neither toxic nor known to be carcinogenic. However, the dye can induce an anaphylactic-shock reaction in a small number of people, due to impurities in the preparation, not due to the carminic acid".End quote. how scientific this statement is i am not sure.about.

The plastic containers have a microwavable and dishwasher safe logo on the bottom,these can be bought from many places in chiang mai YOK and Bakermart being just two i use to buy them, great for storing food in the Freezer and great for the missus to put her Thai compost food in LOL.

I wouldn't worry to much about colorings Salt pesticides and things of this nature.i really don't think small quantities of any thing only very often over long periods of time is going to be harmful , unless of course it's plutonium or Warfarin (Rat Poison), or one has medical conditions that ment it would be advisable to stay away from these things.

But i feel i like to know as much as possible to as what i am eating and give it a wide berth if i feel like it is not good for me, It should not be unreasonable for some one with Liver problems to stay away from Alcohol or some one with Blood Pressure problems to stay away from salt, people with nut allergies...and so on.

The thing is No criticism of any Food suppliers here, is that more labeling of ingredients should be available here on food packaging, a lough saying this even in the West i doubt if you would find out on the packaging of say ground beef that this product contains steroids.

Sorry what was the question :blink:

Not sure you wrote this or you download this page from some website ????? its a lot of rubbish and suggest you come down to our workshop on a curry making day and you will see all the best ingredients that money can buy go into our curry's. We at Sausage King only use the very best meat and ingredients in all our food products and for those of you who have been to our work shop when we have been making sausage or curry etc will know we do not use MSG or any food additives to our food products.Even our sausage casings are imported from japan as we only use the best. Rob/sk fe

Sausage king's Reply :

Hi

It did not realy satisfy or answer my question admittedly but the Sponsor i felt gave the best answer with out giving away any secrets, and i understand that.

My impression is that some sort of coloring has been used, the most common of these being used now a days is Cochanile or Carminic Acid and has been for 100's of years,apart from being used in food coloring it has also been used by the cosmetics industry and the clothing industry.

i think it is also known as E120, a relatively safe additive from what i read apart from one thing that i read where it says and i quote "Cochineal it is neither toxic nor known to be carcinogenic. However, the dye can induce an anaphylactic-shock reaction in a small number of people, due to impurities in the preparation, not due to the carminic acid".End quote. how scientific this statement is i am not sure.about.

The plastic containers have a microwavable and dishwasher safe logo on the bottom,these can be bought from many places in chiang mai YOK and Bakermart being just two i use to buy them, great for storing food in the Freezer and great for the missus to put her Thai compost food in LOL.

I wouldn't worry to much about colorings Salt pesticides and things of this nature.i really don't think small quantities of any thing only very often over long periods of time is going to be harmful , unless of course it's plutonium or Warfarin (Rat Poison), or one has medical conditions that ment it would be advisable to stay away from these things.

But i feel i like to know as much as possible to as what i am eating and give it a wide berth if i feel like it is not good for me, It should not be unreasonable for some one with Liver problems to stay away from Alcohol or some one with Blood Pressure problems to stay away from salt, people with nut allergies...and so on.

The thing is No criticism of any Food suppliers here, is that more labeling of ingredients should be available here on food packaging, a lough saying this even in the West i doubt if you would find out on the packaging of say ground beef that this product contains steroids.

I tried the chicken vindaloo, and it was ok, maybe a bit light on chicken and could have had potatoes, but I think my main critiscm would be it needs to be hotter. I would guess in a UK restaurant it would pass as a mild madras.

Iain

I understand what you are saying, I think in the UK we have acclimatised to curry and require it quite hot and spicy.

To make enough different curries that would satisfy the taste buds of an entire ex pat population here, would take some doing, but in my opinion SK is making a fine effort and I know he listens to constructive feedback and willing to experiment. thumbsup.gif

Maybe you need a Brick Lane Phall. smile.gif

20080623-bricklane-chalkboard-thumb.jpg

its a lot of rubbish and suggest you come down to our workshop on a curry making day and you will see all the best ingredients that money can buy go into our curry's. We at Sausage King only use the very best meat and ingredients in all our food products and for those of you who have been to our work shop when we have been making sausage or curry etc will know we do not use MSG or any food additives to our food products.Even our sausage casings are imported from japan as we only use the best. Rob/sk fe

One thing i could not understand was why was it so red in color, was Cochineal used (Carminic Acid)

I too, was a little intimidated by the aggressiveness of the very,very red colour of the Chicken Tikka Masala and don't feel SK's reply quite answers my concerns .What exactly is the red colour? Also I'd also like to know the names of the other softer ingredients. Any objections to listing ingredients? And that plastic container ; can be microwaved for 5 minutes without hazard to health and safety? It's tasty but I do like to know what I'm eating.

Hi

The question, if I remember correctly, was, (paraphrased) ; "What ingredient ,exactly, is used to produce the flaming red colour in the Chicken Tikka Masala?". However ,The S. King himself has pronounced your learned dissertation,or diarrhetic diatribe, depending on your point of view, to be "a lot of rubbish". It seems, " We do not use MSG or any food additives to our food products", is the nearest we're going to get to a written answer. I don't feel like trapsing down to the workshop to find out and maybe,in the process, emerging looking very embarressed. wub.gif

Ah so i was eating a Tandori Chicken Tikka Masala now that explains it. so i was getting Two in one, can't complain for 99 Baht.

Ah yes before i forget i was in Rimping with the missus (when i purchased the CTM) who actually said to me oh he have big sausage....steady gurl :o

If only i could try one ;) but unfortunately my Rimping branch (Ping river) doesn't seem to stock them or too much else :(

Ha Ha that's great and happy to see customers with a funny personalty. Hope you like the chicken tikka masala at 99B. We at sk are now the lowest price in all rimpings and tops supermarkets for our sausage -curry-black pudding etc and by far the best quality.he he. Rob/sk

Ha Ha that's great and happy to see customers with a funny personalty. Hope you like the chicken tikka masala at 99B. We at sk are now the lowest price in all rimpings and tops supermarkets for our sausage -curry-black pudding etc and by far the best quality.he he. Rob/sk

sausage, your curries are not in all Rimping's are they so why keep saying they are, probaly wasting a lot of peoples time by saying this and very unprofessional :annoyed:

Hi and the currys are in all 4 Rimpings but Nawarat branch has run out of stock as the curry's are selling fast this week.Sorry if that was the branch you went to and we will re stock that branch tomorrow again. Mee Chok-Gad Falang-Nim city still have stocks of curry's.Rob/sk

sausage, your curries are not in all Rimping's are they so why keep saying they are, probaly wasting a lot of peoples time by saying this and very unprofessional :annoyed:

Edited by SausageKing

I know they sell out quite fast at Nawarat branch, which must make Mr. SK very happy.

Why not call first and ask if they have them in stock 053 246333......by the time they understand what you are talking about and located them, shouldn't cost you more than 200 baht. biggrin.gif

Hi and the currys are in all 4 Rimpings but Nawarat branch has run out of stock as the curry's are selling fast this week.Sorry if that was the branch you went to and we will re stock that branch tomorrow again. Mee Chok-Gad Falang-Nim city still have stocks of curry's.Rob/sk

Thanks, i will pop down there tomorrow with my fingers crossed .

Hi and just to let you know Nawarat Rimping supermarket branch was re stocked with our curry's yesterday as it had run out.sorry for anybody who missed out.Rob/sk

Thanks, i will pop down there tomorrow with my fingers crossed .

Hi and we only had limited products in Rimping and top supermarkets around 15 items, In our workshop we have around 80 products.we do a lot of microwave meals as they are popular with people living in a condo etc. Rob/sk

Wow ! Sausage King you have about 15 products in Rimping. Is this all your products or do you have other products at your workshop.

post-112062-0-99016300-1315189902_thumb.

post-112062-0-82341200-1315189918_thumb.

post-112062-0-24111400-1315190003_thumb.

post-112062-0-28253400-1315190030_thumb.

post-112062-0-60883200-1315190040_thumb.

Got me also the Polish and Italian sausage and bacon that sk sells in Rimping. they are fantastic food products and am fussy about food,well done sk,You should open a restaurant and think plenty of people in here would eat their,Me for sure if you can put on a Sunday roast ?? :jap:

got me on the polish.:D

Was in Tops-KSK today on a meat-buying trip (Hubby's SS check hit the account this weekend!). Peered into the SK freezer case and noted that most of the real estate was occupied by the English breakfast sausage and English dinner sausage. Well, that tells me something about the "target market" of the business. But, after pawing thru the products (hey, it was a slow Monday and we have baht in our BKK account!) I noticed some "Jimmy Dean style sausage". As a native midwesterner, I had to grab a package, bring it home (with my other meat product purchases) and wake Hubby up from his nap with the good news!

After much discussion about how to enjoy it, we finally decided to do a fusion-dish of mixed veggie fried rice with the sausage as the meat. Note: I just bought meat today. I'll do a veggie trip to the local Thai market tomorrow. The only veggies we had were a package of mixed frozen veggies. I really wish I had a potato within reach!

The dish worked out pretty good, although Hubby noted we really should be eating this sausage at 10 am on a Sunday morning, with fried eggs and English-muffin style bread, liberally smeared with real, unsalted butter. Oh, and we need the Sunday Detroit Free Press spread out around us.

But I digress. Rob, you really need to put a little more sage into the Jimmy Dean style sausage. Otherwise, it's pretty darn good.

I can hardly wait until I visit Rim Ping on Thursday. Seems like there's a larger selection at the Rim Ping stores. This is the week when I stock up on our groceries for the month!

Edited by NancyL

Hi and jcpotter make some great products i have to say and think sk is on a level with them,Quality always wins in the end. Rob/sk

I grew up in the midwest as well. My folks were Okies so most of our holiday trips were made to Oklahoma and they always brought back a cooler filled with Potter's sausage.

Sure wish we could buy something like this here: JCPotter

We take note of the lack of sage and will add extra sage to our jimmy deans on the next batch.Rob/sk

Was in Tops-KSK today on a meat-buying trip (Hubby's SS check hit the account this weekend!). Peered into the SK freezer case and noted that most of the real estate was occupied by the English breakfast sausage and English dinner sausage. Well, that tells me something about the "target market" of the business. But, after pawing thru the products (hey, it was a slow Monday and we have baht in our BKK account!) I noticed some "Jimmy Dean style sausage". As a native midwesterner, I had to grab a package, bring it home (with my other meat product purchases) and wake Hubby up from his nap with the good news!

After much discussion about how to enjoy it, we finally decided to do a fusion-dish of mixed veggie fried rice with the sausage as the meat. Note: I just bought meat today. I'll do a veggie trip to the local Thai market tomorrow. The only veggies we had were a package of mixed frozen veggies. I really wish I had a potato within reach!

The dish worked out pretty good, although Hubby noted we really should be eating this sausage at 10 am on a Sunday morning, with fried eggs and English-muffin style bread, liberally smeared with real, unsalted butter. Oh, and we need the Sunday Detroit Free Press spread out around us.

But I digress. Rob, you really need to put a little more sage into the Jimmy Dean style sausage. Otherwise, it's pretty darn good.

I can hardly wait until I visit Rim Ping on Thursday. Seems like there's a larger selection at the Rim Ping stores. This is the week when I stock up on our groceries for the month!

Thank for the positive feed back on our sausage king quality products,Hope the bbq went down well.Rob/sk

Just wanted to let you know we threw a party and got a selection of your sausages for the BBQ. They were great and everybody loved them. I also got a few frozen curry meals and had one last night. Great stuff also.

Hi Mr.sausage king i will be coming to your work shop tomorrow with a couple of friends for some goodies for the weekend,I know its cheaper direct right ?

Thank for the positive feed back on our sausage king quality products,Hope the bbq went down well.Rob/sk

Just wanted to let you know we threw a party and got a selection of your sausages for the BBQ. They were great and everybody loved them. I also got a few frozen curry meals and had one last night. Great stuff also.

SK - any thoughts about making your curries just a little bit spicier (hotter)?

If you think the current target audience is just about right, no problem they are still very good.

Have you ever thought of setting up a poll on here, to evaluate the need / taste buds for curries?

Don't ask me how you set one up though. huh.gifbiggrin.gif

SK - any thoughts about making your curries just a little bit spicier (hotter)?

If you think the current target audience is just about right, no problem they are still very good.

Have you ever thought of setting up a poll on here, to evaluate the need / taste buds for curries?

Don't ask me how you set one up though. huh.gifbiggrin.gif

Is that a Vindaloo you want hotter, ups ?

Edited by alfieconn