Airplane Ticket For Return?

Hi Members!

Is there someone who can tell me if the Thai Embassies abroad the Kingdom require a Return Airplane Ticket to reapply for a Tourist Visa of 90 days?

I was wishing to enter Thailand with an Open Airplane Ticket with a Visa of 90 days obtained in Canada, and go in a Thai Embassy abroad Thailand to get another Tourist Visa of 90 days!

Is it possible? :o

Thanks!

Wizard Angel

Hi Members!

Is there someone who can tell me if the Thai Embassies abroad the Kingdom require a Return Airplane Ticket to reapply for a Tourist Visa of 90 days?

I was wishing to enter Thailand with an Open Airplane Ticket with a Visa of 90 days obtained in Canada, and go in a Thai Embassy abroad Thailand to get another Tourist Visa of 90 days!

Is it possible? :o

Thanks!

Wizard Angel

A "tourist" visa allows you to stay in Thailand for 60 days but you can extend this stay by 30 days inside Thailand at any immigration office.

If you have a DOUBLE entry "tourist visa" you only have to exit and re-enter Thailand after the first 60+30 days at any border crossing.

If you have a single entry "tourist visa" you will have to go to an Embassy/Consulate outside Thailand to get a new visa. (Penang is good to do this).

You can NOT obtain a VISA at a border crossing!!!

A plane ticket is not required for ANY visa application (first or second or...)

You mention a 90 day tourist visa -- are you talking about a Non-Imm-O or Non-Imm-B visa which give you a stay of 90 days? Different rules apply for this type of visa.

opalhort

Thanks opalhart!

For the 90 days it was about the Tourist Visa of 60days plus the 30 days!

For the Tourist Visa with Multiple entries, the Thai Embassy in Canada don't give this Visa I think! They mention only for Business!

I would like to know if I can get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries to find a Job?

How can I apply for this Visa?

Thanks!

Thanks opalhart!

For the 90 days it was about the Tourist Visa of 60days plus the 30 days!

For the Tourist Visa with Multiple entries, the Thai Embassy in Canada don't give this Visa I think! They mention only for Business!

I would like to know if I can get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries to find a Job?

How can I apply for this Visa?

Thanks!

you can go and find a job on any kind of visa BUT you will need a Non-Imm-B visa (if not married to a Thai) or a Non-Imm-O visa (if married to a Thai) in order to apply for a work permit. If you are in Thailand on a tourist visa and someone offers you a job get the relevant papers from the company and go to Penang to get the appropriate visa.

Do not work on a tourist visa!!! You need a work permit and Non-Imm- O/B visa!!!

opalhort

What's the requirements to get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries?

I'm from Canada and on the Thai Embassy website they mention that they don't issue multiple entries for Tourist!

By saying that I wanna go find a job, is it a good reason to get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries?

What's the requirements to get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries?

I'm from Canada and on the Thai Embassy website they mention that they don't issue multiple entries for Tourist!

By saying that I wanna go find a job, is it a good reason to get a Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries?

If you apply for a tourist visa DON'T mention that you are trying to find a job!

Say 'you want to tour Thailand and visit your friends and your GF's family'!!

As I said in an other post, try to apply at a consulate rather than the Embassy!

Wait for a reply from the Admin people of this forum to give you more up-to-date info.

opalhort

Thanks opalhart!

For the Tourist Visa, in the Thai Embassy in Canada they allow Double Entries! No multiple entries!

I think that's the way I will apply!

The financial requirements for the Non-Immigrant Visa O is causing me some troubles!

And for the Non Immigrant B, I need to find a Job first!

Can it cause troubles to get a Tourist Visa with Single or Double entries if I'm Married to a Thai Citizen?

For the Tourist Visa with a Double Entries, after 60 days, can I apply for the extension of 30 days and after the 30 days, leave Thailand and get in for the second entry?

Can we do that way or we have to leave Thailand after 60 days and use the second entry?

Thanks again!

Wizard Angel

Apply for a multiple entry Non Immigrant O visa based on your proposed marriage. Only apply at the Consulates in Edmonton, or Toronto, or Montreal. The others are too tough. That visa will enable unlimited entries for a year, and you can stay up to 90 days on each entry. After your marriage, you could get a job and subsequently a work permit on that visa.

Can it cause troubles to get a Tourist Visa with Single or Double entries if I'm Married to a Thai Citizen?

Are you married to a Thai citizen? :o

If you are you should obtain a one year multi entry 'O' visa (the financial requirements are for extension of this type of visa inside Thailand - not for the visa itself). With this visa you can stay up to 90 days at a time with only a border crossing needed for another stay of 90 days.

Edit after finding poster not yet married in closed thread:

Class 'O' visa covers a range "other" of reasons so it could be issued for your pending marriage (but some places have firm policy not to issue for this). Also there is no reason you can not use a tourist visa - it will not be held against you. But as the Dr suggests try a consulate for the O visa first.

Edited by lopburi3

Ok!

I would like to say thanks for these informations!

I wanna say that the Thai Embassy in Montreal is closed and the only one near is Ottawa!

Fot the Visa Non-Immigrant type O, can I get it at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok in case that in ottawa they refuse?

As You know, I'm not already married! Only in August!

For the application of this Visa, the only look for the financial status when I wanna get an extension after one Year?

Thanks again!

Wizard Angel

Guest Froggy

Hi!

I would like to know if it's possible to get the Non-Immigrant Visa type O in Bangkok after the couple get married?

For the Thai Embassy in Montreal, forget about it! It's closed! Only Ottawa around!

For the financial requirements, if I understand correctly, we have nothing to show to get the first Visa(1year)?

They will look for the financial situation only when the person will ask the extension after one Year?

Froggy

Guest Froggy

Hi Members!

I would like to know for the Non-Immigrant Visa type O what's the requirements!

I will get married in few months with a Thai citizen and I have 29 yo!

Like I asked in the previous message, can I apply for this Visa in Thailand and is there some financial requirements or verifications?

Thanks!

Froggy

You can ask for a non immigrant visa explaining your plans to marry but official policy seems to be not to issue for that. So after your marriage you would need to exit Thailand with marriage certificate/wife's id card and letter from her (latter two may not be asked for but best to be safe/or take her with you). Then you could receive up to a multi entry visa valid for one year. With this you have to exit/enter country every 90 days or less. At any time within the last 30 days of one of the 90 day visits you could request a one year extension with financial proof at an immigration office inside Thailand. If you are unable to do this you will have to obtain another multi entry O visa about 15 months from the date of the first (your last entry can be day before expiration of visa and adds 90 days in Thailand).

There is no 'one year visa' for marriage, only a multi entry visa that is valid for one year. Which means you are only allowed to remain in Thailand for up to 90 days at a time. To remain in Thailand you have to 'extend' a visa.