Where Is The Immigration Office In Phuket Town?

modafinil

I've got a 2X tourist visa from Laos - the first stamp apparently gives me two months, and then I can go to the "local immigration office" to extend the visa for another month (and give them a 1900 baht fee).

I was planning on going early tomorrow morning - is there anything I should know before I set off? An idea of where the office is would be very helpful (I'm assuming Phuket Town, unless Patong has some kind of similar office), any other info (opening hours, time I can expect to wait etc) would also be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Go to Phuket Town. The Immigration Office is situated in Saphan Hin. It's not too far from the centre of Phuket Town, and if you don't want to get a taxi/tuk tuk, take the bus from Patong (assume that you're staying there), and once in Phuket Town, get a motor cycle taxi. It's not busy at this time of year, and there are English speaking volunteers inside who can assist with form completion etc, as well as on site photograph and photocopy services. Opens around 9 a.m.

Just to add that by the centre of town pagallim doesn't mean as you look at a map. Saphan Hin is at the very southern end of town, not in the middle. That was probably obvious but just in case.

Get all your photo copies done first in the little shop out the back, before you start to queue.