Rain Rain Amd More Rain

petercallen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, with 10m3 of rainwater blended into my pool during a week, I shocked chlorined it yesterday

Might have to do it again tomorrow.

will leave mine untill the rain stops,then test it, and add what chemicals it needs..

Heavy rain again today and gale force winds in Rawai

yep, with 10m3 of rainwater blended into my pool during a week, I shocked chlorined it yesterday

Pumped water out of the pool three times since Friday, put chlorine in yesterday although the

water was still clear, with the cool weather i do not have a algae problem

Leaves and other vegetation are a problem with the strong winds, have to clean the surface

of the pool 4 times a day to stop them sinking to the bottom

Still stuck in the house, so why not add another post. Thank God for pizza delivery and a well stocked wine cellar. I have been trying to search the web for a reason for this deluge over the last few days. Went on to windguru as well. Good sight. My buddy who is in the dive industry told me about this site years ago, but I forgot about it.

I am no weatherman, but I can't remember a worse couple of days (Wednesday night so 4 if I count correctly). Back in Oct / 2004, it rained hard for a day or so and Rat u Thit road was flooded and I had to be rescued from the old 2 Black Sheep via boat. The intersection of Rat u thit and Sai nam yen was a raging river. Someone tied a rope across the road so that people could pass safely. Otherwise, swept away toward the beach.

Later, they blamed it on blocked drains and they sent some prisoners on work release down the drain to clear with a rope around their waist. When they re-surfaced, covered in muck, I couldn't believe it. It was really a perfect storm: lots of rain, high tides, and full moon.

I was also here in 2001 (I think) on a company outing and recall a bit of flooding on the beach road and bangla. Not too bad, just up to your calf. Didn't cause much disruption.

So, anybody who is a meteorlogical dude, please advise the reason for this rainstorm. As I write this, it looks like the rain has stopped. This could change in an hour or so. I'm sure it will resume shortly.

Still stuck in the house, so why not add another post. Thank God for pizza delivery and a well stocked wine cellar. I have been trying to search the web for a reason for this deluge over the last few days. Went on to windguru as well. Good sight. My buddy who is in the dive industry told me about this site years ago, but I forgot about it.

I am no weatherman, but I can't remember a worse couple of days (Wednesday night so 4 if I count correctly). Back in Oct / 2004, it rained hard for a day or so and Rat u Thit road was flooded and I had to be rescued from the old 2 Black Sheep via boat. The intersection of Rat u thit and Sai nam yen was a raging river. Someone tied a rope across the road so that people could pass safely. Otherwise, swept away toward the beach.

Later, they blamed it on blocked drains and they sent some prisoners on work release down the drain to clear with a rope around their waist. When they re-surfaced, covered in muck, I couldn't believe it. It was really a perfect storm: lots of rain, high tides, and full moon.

I was also here in 2001 (I think) on a company outing and recall a bit of flooding on the beach road and bangla. Not too bad, just up to your calf. Didn't cause much disruption.

So, anybody who is a meteorlogical dude, please advise the reason for this rainstorm. As I write this, it looks like the rain has stopped. This could change in an hour or so. I'm sure it will resume shortly.

I think it's probably from Typhoon Nanmadol and an associated low pressure front. See link: http://www.tmd.go.th/en/weather_map.php

Edited by Jimi007

Severe rain and quite high winds in Chalong also (at least the northern part) for the last several hours. Forecast is for same same right through until next week. September is traditionally the month with the highest rainfall, and maybe we're paying the price for a relatively dry 'rainy' season so far.

First off, what the hell are you talking about 'relatively dry rainy season'?! It's been raining practically every bloody day this entire year! Started when a friend went home beginning February and hasn't dam_n well stopped, apart from a couple of blisteringly hot days. I know, I walk most everywhere.

Secondly, 'September traditionally wettest month of the year'?! You been reading the TAT propaganda website then? It pisses down throughout October and November, November, 'the start of the High Season, according to lying TAT - they know it's way past school holiday's and well enough time before Christmas - is by far, the wettest dreariest month of the entire year. Just ask another friend of mine who always insisted on visiting in November 'because he liked to go skiing in the New Year'. He doesn't come here at all now and I feel sorry for the poor sods who pay a large chunk of change after trusting TAT and 'guidebooks'.

What a 180 turnaround from last year.

The weather on Phuket is extremely localised. You must live in the wrong part :lol:. This has been one of the driest 'wet seasons' I can remember for many, many years.

Was the laughing 'smilie' an attempt at humour? :blink: Newsflash. Although the weather on this little island is indeed 'localised', insofar as it can be raining in Phuket Town but sunny in Chalong, this is for a very brief period of time. NOT THE ENTIRE BLOODY LOW SEASON. Diktete.

Heavy rain again today and gale force winds in Rawai

Oh why bother. I've installed a few removable vases on tripods and put in some pla chon...

Edited by evanson

Oh why bother. I've installed a few removable vases on tripods and put in some pla chon...

Do they bite when you swim? :blink:

Did anyone else see that strange yellow object appear in the sky for about 10 mins this afternoon?

Probably aliens, they have caused all the bad weather so they can invade and take over Phuket easily

They must have changed there minds the weather is great again :)

Did anyone else see that strange yellow object appear in the sky for about 10 mins this afternoon?

Probably aliens, they have caused all the bad weather so they can invade and take over Phuket easily

They must have changed there minds the weather is great again :)

Yep lovely sunny day today, thought I was back in the UK for a while...

Something to cheer the sun-deprived folk up maybe - memories of how good August can be (not in 2011 though) - two years ago today, 31 August 2009 and went on a dive boat from Chalong to Racha.

Cheer up - it'll be better soon!