Taksin Kills Khao Kor

toan6082

today the government stoped all construction in khao kor and will fine workers 200000 baht if found working.threating to tear down resorts. many now out of work in consruction tourism ,food ,services etc. welcome to the new era of yingluck

It is illegal to build resorts in a large area of Khao Kho where there is no chanote and this is no secret. In case you don't know, that is what the OP is doing. Many such resorts were already served papers to be condemned during the Abhisit government regime. I don't see a government policy change here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is regrettable that jobs are lost. But at some time we need to say enough degradation of the environment for financial gain. Those builders should pay a fine and distribute it to the employees as severance.

just some facts . most landowners in this area were given 12 rai to farm after civil war. now many thai tourists come here every year and there is not enough accomadation.so some farmers using there own land build 4 or 5 bungalows to generate income because farming does not pay enough.they borrow to build ,buy constuction products. employe locals to build when no farm work keeping the young population home with there family.what is wrong with that

It is regrettable that jobs are lost. But at some time we need to say enough degradation of the environment for financial gain. Those builders should pay a fine and distribute it to the employees as severance.

just some facts . most landowners in this area were given 12 rai to farm after civil war. now many thai tourists come here every year and there is not enough accomadation.so some farmers using there own land build 4 or 5 bungalows to generate income because farming does not pay enough.they borrow to build ,buy constuction products. employe locals to build when no farm work keeping the young population home with there family.what is wrong with that

A lot.They were "GIVEN " 12 rai to farm ."GIVEN"? They did NOT buy the LAND? They were GIVEN it to fa rm? They got greedy and decided to build illegally..Take the land off them ,quick smart. Give it to someone who is happy to farm 12 rai. That is quite a lot . o f land. Where I live ,some landless people (not many, only about 10 families,with very strict conditions)were given only 5 rai. Civil War ? In Thailand ? When? Where?Actually ,they most probably should never have been given the land in the first place. If it is an environmentally sensitive area

A lot.They were "GIVEN " 12 rai to farm ."GIVEN"? They did NOT buy the LAND? They were GIVEN it to fa rm? They got greedy and decided to build illegally..Take the land off them ,quick smart. Give it to someone who is happy to farm 12 rai. That is quite a lot . o f land. Where I live ,some landless people (not many, only about 10 families,with very strict conditions)were given only 5 rai. Civil War ? In Thailand ? When? Where?Actually ,they most probably should never have been given the land in the first place. If it is an environmentally sensitive area

I think you will find this is going on all over Thailand. Please correct me If I'm wrong but farmer's were GIVEN land to farm it could NOT be sold and ONLY used for farming, if they died it could be passed down to they children in perpetuity. Sound's like a good deal to me and extremely fare.

But what did a lot do, well got greedy and sold it on to peep's in the know with money using bent paper's. With the aid a few back handers/bribe's I think it is now referred to as donation's here. Up went resort's, house's, forest encroachment, and a good time was had by one and all.

Now it seem's lot's of peep's have caught a cold, and have started the it's not fare all i did was brake the law, how am i going to live now that i have spent all the monies i got for the land on whisky, and my job at the resort's has stopped. Boo Hoo. Serve's them bloody well right. Sympathy you've got to be joking.

What civil war?

When the poster says "civil war" it may be a reference to the fighting between the Thai Communist Party and the Royal Thai Army 1965 to 1984 in the Khao Kor area.

The weapons museum is fairly interesting, old artillery pieces, equipment and defensive posts are worth a look for the military buff!.

Good views and hard terrain for military ops back in those days. Must have looked a lot different in the 1960's.

Up the mountain from the museum is the monument and a old Thai Army post has been restored where you can amble about.

Why don't you tell the truth!

This post is not because poor villagers are being displaced it's because YOU started building an illegal resort and the government stopped you!

Posted 2011-07-15 20:52:32

STARTED YESTERDAY TOBUILD RESORT.WANTED TEAK.I KNOW IT IS ABOUT 2000 BAHT S.M. . WAS OFFERD 14 YEAR TEAK TREES STILL GROWING FOR 700BAHT. TODAY WENT AND BROUGHT A STIHL CHAINSAW TO START CUT,KNOW BEEN TOLD WE NEED PAPERWORK FIRSTLY TO CUT THEN TO TRANSPORT THEN TO CUT INTO USEABLE SIZES . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA AS TO THE COST OF PAPERWORK TO MAKE IT LEAGAL AS THE WIFESAID LOCALS MIGHT TELL POLICE IF NO PAPERWORK OUT OF JEALOUSY

A previous post of yours right? :whistling:

You want to illegaly cut down teak trees right?

Nice guy <_<

Edited by Livinginexile

This post is not because poor villagers are being displaced it's because YOU started building an illegal resort and the government stopped you!

STARTED YESTERDAY TOBUILD RESORT.WANTED TEAK.I KNOW IT IS ABOUT 2000 BAHT S.M. . WAS OFFERD 14 YEAR TEAK TREES STILL GROWING FOR 700BAHT. TODAY WENT AND BROUGHT A STIHL CHAINSAW TO START CUT,KNOW BEEN TOLD WE NEED PAPERWORK FIRSTLY TO CUT THEN TO TRANSPORT THEN TO CUT INTO USEABLE SIZES . DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA AS TO THE COST OF PAPERWORK TO MAKE IT LEAGAL AS THE WIFESAID LOCALS MIGHT TELL POLICE IF NO PAPERWORK OUT OF JEALOUSY

Nice guy <_<

Well spotted L.E. So this time it's a Farang that's got the cold. Oh what a shame let's only hope it was nearly finished. Any TV peep's out there that have a bulldozer for rent cheap. Edited by fredob43

Nice guy <_<

Well spotted L.E. So this time it's a Farang that's got the cold. Oh what a shame let's only hope it was nearly finished. Any TV peep's out there that have a bulldozer for rent cheap.

Post number 3 on this thread summed it up.

The Exile also picked up on whats going on, the post he referenced was dated 15th July.

The plot thickens, if we revisit this thread,

http://www.thaivisa....d-in-petchabun/

Replies number 11 & 14 were answered in post number 17 which warned the OP with the following,

'Numerous Khao Kho resorts have recently been served papers due to their presence and this has been in the news'

So despite being warned as far back as Jan the OP was determined to press on and ignore the advice of others.

No double pricing, scamming or anything else of that nature, the OP wasnt being picked on for being a farang, he was treated the exact same as the Thais, he knew what he was doing was illegal and yet chose to do so.

A word of warning. just because everyone else is doing something, doesnt mean its legal, with 25 years of Thailand experience the OP should have known that, blinded by the $$$ signs, get rich quick.

Som nam na,

Edited by rgs2001uk

Nice guy

What civil war?

with all your posts i thought you would know more.in the 1970,thais gatherd at khoa kor against corrupt government. acivil war lasted for awhile. a lot of thais died and to this day thais like to go there to remember. when the war finished the king built a palace and overseen the area to restore peace and harmony back to the area. he gave people a house plot and 12 rai to farm to people mainly from petchabun to move to this area. this was thailands only civil war and many farangs who live in thailand have no idea this happened.

...in the 1970,thais gatherd at khoa kor against corrupt government. acivil war lasted for awhile. a lot of thais died and to this day thais like to go there to remember. when the war finished the king built a palace and overseen the area to restore peace and harmony back to the area. he gave people a house plot and 12 rai to farm to people mainly from petchabun to move to this area. this was thailands only civil war and many farangs who live in thailand have no idea this happened.

A summary: The government forces were fighting against the People's Liberation Army of Thailand, the armed wing of the Communist Party of Thailand, who were supported by the Chinese and Lao Communist Parties. Many mountainous and forested areas through Thailand were controlled by the Communists. After the 1976 Thammasat massacre the Communists were joined by many students. By the early 1980s the Chinese had withdrawn their support so the government forces were gaining a military advantage. Also, the students had had enough of living in the jungle. However, it required an amnesty programme, not a military victory, to stop the insurgency.

The land plots were given by the government to some of the soldiers who had helped defeat the communist forces on Khao Khor and Phu Hin Rong Kla. Many of the soldiers involved in the fighting were technically mercenaries as they were KMT Chinese without Thai citizenship. The soldiers who received the gifts of land weren't locals from Phetchabun.

These land plots do NOT have chanote and were only to be used for farming by the soldier and his heirs. Thus the sale of this land and building of resorts is ILLEGAL.

Ah, the communist insurgency, yes that I do know of, quite well thanks. But it seems as though the poster was mistaken that a war took place at Khao Khor. Communist insurgents were in many parts of Thailand including Surat Thani.