Red-Shirt Leaders, Shinawatra Friends Appointed

webfact

No different to any other country with an elected government, it's simply pay back time for the supporters. Not going to give positons to the dems or other opposition now are they!

Just that here in Thailand it is somewhat more transparent..

Well i'm pretty sure in the UK they do not have about 20 ex police officers as MP's or parliamentary advisors :rolleyes:

No, maybe not , but several from News of the World, one close to the PM and several with the Metropolitan Police information department ... source late hearing ...

Thailand's democracy is a bit younger than ours and will develop over time ... some people here have unrealistically high expectations to Thailand's democracy.

Exactly!

I guess the people in this forum suggesting that do this is somewhat crooked haven't analyzed their own home gov'ts very closely - ignorance is bliss I guess.

What is your "home government" then?

Mine is led by a man called Cameron. If what you are implying is true, a quick search should find that since he came to power, various family members of his have suddenly risen to high positions of power throughout governmental departments.

555!!!

Regarding my country's government: we still have none...

On 1 June 2011, Belgium matched the record for time taken to form a new democratic government after an election, at 353 days, held until then by Cambodia in 2003-04.

But apparently, people are not suffering about that fact...

Opposite, on my last visit they were looking happier. cool.gif

Or maybe their smiles were only due to the first sunshine of summer?!?

Haha...maybe that is one of the secrets behind the good beer, chocolate and food...spent a year and a bit in Antwerp years ago ... great country rolleyes.gif

No different to any other country with an elected government, it's simply pay back time for the supporters. Not going to give positons to the dems or other opposition now are they!

How could it not be transparent!!!:blink:

Exactly!

I guess the people in this forum suggesting that do this is somewhat crooked haven't analyzed their own home gov'ts very closely - ignorance is bliss I guess.

What is your "home government" then?

Mine is led by a man called Cameron. If what you are implying is true, a quick search should find that since he came to power, various family members of his have suddenly risen to high positions of power throughout governmental departments.

555!!!

Regarding my country's government: we still have none...

On 1 June 2011, Belgium matched the record for time taken to form a new democratic government after an election, at 353 days, held until then by Cambodia in 2003-04.

But apparently, people are not suffering about that fact...

Opposite, on my last visit they were looking happier. cool.gif

Or maybe their smiles were only due to the first sunshine of summer?!?

I think that it could be argued now that Thailand doesn't exactly have a government yet. It resembles a non-government to me that is truly incompetent and capable of doing immeasurable damage to the country in a short period of time!!!

I

why so surprised at any of this The whole of thailand is Corrupt from Top to bottom , These people know it . millions know it and dont want to do anything about it .

Yes, it's "democratic" corruption. In western countries the corruption is at a higher level. No access for a common citizen.

Not going to give positons to the dems or other opposition now are they!

Shame that out of the millions of Thais that aren't Democrats/Opposition... that they couldn't anyone who wasn't a Red Shirt or a Shinawatra friend to appoint.

Spot on analysis, well said!

Well i'm pretty sure in the UK they do not have about 20 ex police officers as MP's or parliamentary advisors :rolleyes:

No, maybe not , but several from News of the World, one close to the PM and several with the Metropolitan Police information department ... source late hearing ...

Thailand's democracy is a bit younger than ours and will develop over time ... some people here have unrealistically high expectations to Thailand's democracy.

Agreed, change does, and needs to, take some time in order to succeed. None of our own countries became democratic over night, and indeed none of them truly are there yet. In the meantime, we do hope that things will be steered in a suitable general direction...... That is where my current worries for this beautiful country lie.

Red-shirt leaders, Shinawatra friends appointed

Time to pay the check-bin.

One guess who wrote the list!

What are you insinuating??? It is possible that Yingluck has exactly the same circle of friends :unsure: - how could you suggest such a thing!! You should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself :jap:

How many UK MP's are under indictment for terrorism?

George Galloway was banned from Canada for because of his views on Afghanistan and the presence of Canadian troops. He sued the Canadian federal government. If you want an example oof a despicable person, there he is. Irish nationalists elected to parliament were politely told not to visit some countries as they were inadmissable. Even a Scottish nationalist MP was asked not to visit the USA and Canada.

In respect to other countries elected officials, have a look at the Russian far righ political aprties. Some of their deputies have questionable pasts.

The EU parliament has some members from the left and right with questionable backgrounds.

Remember Oliver North? Good old Ollie was instrumental in the illegal selling of arms to the Contras. He took the fall so that some elected officials in the Reagan administration could walk free. How about the Scooter Libby debacle and V.P. Cheney?

In some countries activities that we would consider associated with terrorism are acceptable. It is called state sanctioned. The USA has quite the history. As do France and Belgium in respect to their African adventures. Remember the Mitterand fiasco with the Emperor for Life of the Congo?

George Galloway was banned from Canada for because of his views on Afghanistan and the presence of Canadian troops. He sued the Canadian federal government. If you want an example oof a despicable person, there he is. Irish nationalists elected to parliament were politely told not to visit some countries as they were inadmissable. Even a Scottish nationalist MP was asked not to visit the USA and Canada.

In respect to other countries elected officials, have a look at the Russian far righ political aprties. Some of their deputies have questionable pasts.

The EU parliament has some members from the left and right with questionable backgrounds.

Remember Oliver North? Good old Ollie was instrumental in the illegal selling of arms to the Contras. He took the fall so that some elected officials in the Reagan administration could walk free. How about the Scooter Libby debacle and V.P. Cheney?

In some countries activities that we would consider associated with terrorism are acceptable. It is called state sanctioned. The USA has quite the history. As do France and Belgium in respect to their African adventures. Remember the Mitterand fiasco with the Emperor for Life of the Congo?

Thank you for the feeble attempt to obfuscate my question.

Please inform us if you find any other Parliaments with a dozen MP's fully indicted with terrorism.

Geriatric, I don't know what version of history you're working from...but the examples you cite re the U.S. are hardly comparable to what the Red Shirts did in Thailand in the way of civil violence and destruction of property.

Yes Oliver North was a criminal, but he was helping carry out (albeit illegally) the foreign policy of a U.S. president in activities directed at a foreign country. Likewise, Libby lied and covered up for his boss the vice president.... But that's not quite the same thing as a domestic opposition group trying to overthrow the sitting government and resorting to occupying the capital city and burning down the country's largest shopping mall in the process.

The American guys you cited were high ranking government officials carrying out the misguided policies promulated at the highest levels of their own government. That's hardly the same as being domestic terrorists, which is a more fitting description for the extremist elements in the Red Shirt movement based on their past conduct and threats.

Martin McGuiness served time in the '70s if I remember correctly

Yes he did,unfortunately Gerry Adams escaped Prison by being the Leader of Sein Fein the Political wing and IRA supporting Party,who claimed no allegiance to the IRA.

A true report of these two men,would get me banned,no doubt we will see similar non allegiance claims from Redshirt Politicians in due course.

Any Country has the right to ban who they want from their Country,in the cases you have quoted in Canada,I can see why they were Personna non grata,you obviously need to gen up on European Politics,I don't have the time to educate you,or indeed the inclination to unravel and dissect your nonsense Posts!

Right. Just like everywhere else.