Age Difference Btw You & Your Partner

monochaser

My wife's a year younger. We are much different in age but we are different in that we fit into the category of big buffalo - little bird. Do opposites attract? Light/dark, Rich/Poor, Old/Young, Tall/short? Seems so for many.

I'm not surprised by older guys marrying young girls here. There are many reasons for this including money, security, opportunity, thrill, loneliness on both parts, coincidence, strangeness, and of course some people just like older bodies. I wouldn't put it all down to money as many do. There are a lot of lonely desperate Thai women out there.

Anyways, I'd bet a lot of foreigners stay here because they feel a lot more comfortable here being with a younger woman. I'm talking about people with major age differences like 20 years. I feel more comfortable out here being a giant compared to my tiny wife. Even though we are accepted more here the Thais do think we are strange couples. But as foreigners we will always be a bit wierd to Thais. We will always live outside of Thai culture. So this may be the best place to be if you are in an atypical relationship or are a strange couple.

The world

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice: Mostly are older farang men and younger Thai girls.

Is this the first MIA=wife???

For my eyes,the gap between age should not more than 10 years.

I'm a woman who is no needs money or any material things from man . I had BF when I studied in up-country. I met him. He was 56 years and I just 29 years. He was friend of my advisor and donate money for the university.

I had some problems with the olderman because he was a jealous man. If some farangs men talked to me that was my fault. I went to Black Forest(Titisee) and spend holiday at friend's house(10 students both man and woman). He said I'm not good Thai girl and try to do like any bargirls.

When he visited Thailand and I went to the gala dinner with him(He is high position in big company) If someone  asked him about me, he was angry and couldn't stay long in any parties.

For Thai people eyes, when we see an older farang men with younger thai girls(age different 20+) . We are in negative idea. This is Fact in Thailand. He told me "Don't  want to live in Thailand because Don't like Thai attitude".

But I like to live in Thailand because I have business at here.

You were a government officer you said.

NOTHING gets by the good Dr. :o

I'm 49 the Thai GF is 24.  We seem made for each other.  But we've only been together a short time.  Time will tell but I think this relationship will work.  She keeps me happy....I keep her happy.  Sounds corny but so far if works  :D

Apart from me being 1 year older than you I could have written your post. It's early days for us yet (7 months) but it's looking good, she has never given me any cause to doubt her sincerity (after reading so much about us oldies getting ripped off/conned whatever by young Thai women it's something I'm well aware of), any arguements/disagreements are quickly made up and forgotten about, she knows I'm a poor farang and doesn't make any demands financially.....I find it very difficult to fault her in any way (apart from being a lousy cook!). I reckon I have a good un.

Hope things work out for you. :o Mine claims to be a good cook; will rent a house soon and check her out on this one. :D

Are you with my girl's sister......haha. They sound the same. We argue sometimes but later forget it.....life's too short. I've been lucky/worked hard financially. The GF could spend more but doesn't......always looking out for me. When a pretty girl walks by the GF makes sure I look......says its okay.....just look don't touch......haha.

So far the GF has been so loyal. I think because of her family upbringing. Mother and father work hard each day. Have little but don't complain.....just keep on going.

Yes, I've read all the negative comments about the Thai girl rip-offs. Although I'm green to Thailand I think I've gotten lucky. No mysterious phone calls at all hours. No 'emergency' back in the village where the GF has to leave quickly. If anything she wants to be with me 24/7! Lately she is giving me more 'time alone' (like now at the internet cafe) because she knows she can trust me. :D

LDB

ps - I hope all us 'old farangs' get lucky with a sweet young (or older) Thai girl! :D

OK

I've read all that

My beautiful graduate wife is 27

I am 60

Our children are 6 and 4

My son is 25

My father in law is 50

My mother in law is 65

And we all live together

Only the ex is missing and she's 55 with 35 year old husband in Blighty

If it works who gives a s**t?