Help Needed From Thai Visa Members

mrbojangles

Please e-mail Sky  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Done  .........anything  to  help  fellow  brethern  on  the  other  side  of  the  globe  :D

MrBojangles  i  used  this  link  to  email  them

Cheers Thaiflyer, i think that address should be OK. Let us know if you get a reply.

Done. Hope you score on this one.

Who's the miserable bugger who voted 'not going to bother'?

Cheers Crossy, i thought the same. Still, your gonna some t055ers i suppose :o

Done

Cheers Explorer

Done.

It would mean I could nip out to the pub more often when we are there.

An added bonus indeed :D

No reply here either. The guy is probably used to getting only one or two emails a day and now Mr Boj has caused him to have a heart attack!!

:o you can picture it now, he comes in sits down with his coffee turns on his computer and there in front of him 50 emails saying give us bloody thai tv or else.

No reply here either. The guy is probably used to getting only one or two emails a day and now Mr Boj has caused him to have a heart attack!!

:o you can picture it now, he comes in sits down with his coffee turns on his computer and there in front of him 50 emails saying give us bloody thai tv or else.

Yeah, he sits down with his coffee, says "morning" to his fellow colleagues, looks at his inbox and spits his coffee all over the screen! :D

I currently subscribe to Sky and my wife has just come to join me in the UK from Thailand. I notice that Sky transmit many chanels in foreign languages but I am unable to find a Thai Language Channel. Could you please tell me as to wether Sky intends to broadcast Thai TV in the future or if indeed I can already recieve it through my digital box.

I hope you all didn't just cut and paste, as the spelling mistakes are a dead give away for an organised assault.

OK people, i need your help. Together we can get something done.

I have recently contacted Sky TV in the UK, to ask about their plans for showing Thai TV in the UK. I have just received a response from Robin Bourn, Viewer Relations, saying that they have no plans to air Thai TV as they don't think there is a market. I have responded, that i believe there is.

Could you please help by sending a very short e-mail to:- [email protected]

Ref:- Thai TV in the UK, explaining that you would be interested in Thai TV in the UK.

My e-mail was as simple as this:

"Dear Sir/ Madam

I currently subscribe to Sky and my wife has just come to join me in the UK from Thailand. I notice that Sky transmit many chanels in foreign languages but I am unable to find a Thai Language Channel. Could you please tell me as to wether Sky intends to broadcast Thai TV in the future or if indeed I can already recieve it through my digital box.

Kind regards"

Once you have e-mailed, could you tick the vote "Yes, i have e-mailed Sky" and leave a quick reply on this poll, saying that you have done it (keeps the post on the first page). This will only take 2 minutes of your time and would be greatly appreciated by many. If any of you are members of other sites could you ask people on those also, to do the same. Let's show the powers of forums like this one.  :o

but you can easily get free-to-air thai tv with your own dish and IRD.

COVERAGE

I even installed and aligned one myself (for my mom)..dead easy.

Edited by muldoon

daleyboy  2005-11-01 19:27:09 IP: 82.45.14.217 | Post #24| 

Rating: < 0 ( ) 10 >

I'm sure Boo's hubby would also like the odd Thai chanel  her role as Moderator might pack a punch

I heard she packs quite a punch anyway  without being a moderator.

Who u been talking to :o:D

seriously though, have sent a mail too. but I would say mrboj that hubby prefers UK tele now & credits "The Simpsons" with improving his English & loves all the Stargate crap thats on SkyOne everynight. He claims it helps him understand spoken English more but I think I just have to accept that I married a sci fi nerd :D

daleyboy  2005-11-01 19:27:09 IP: 82.45.14.217 | Post #24|  

Rating: < 0 ( ) 10 >

I'm sure Boo's hubby would also like the odd Thai chanel  her role as Moderator might pack a punch

I heard she packs quite a punch anyway  without being a moderator.

Who u been talking to :o:D

seriously though, have sent a mail too. but I would say mrboj that hubby prefers UK tele now & credits "The Simpsons" with improving his English & loves all the Stargate crap thats on SkyOne everynight. He claims it helps him understand spoken English more but I think I just have to accept that I married a sci fi nerd :D

Similar story in our house, although wifey would like access to a Thai News occasionaly I can't see anything gettin' her to switch over from UKTVfood or Animal Planet.I'll send an email in support though.

I might ask if they can arrange thai commentary for the footie as well to stop her askin' me about the off side rule. :D

Can we have a poll for members to email Greater Manchester Police, they sent me a speeding fine through the post today, best thing is, it was some nob in a Merc undertaking me :o

only joking about emailing the dibble by the way

But the dish and equipment is pricey for just one channel Muldoon.

Mr Boj's point is that many homes in the UK now have SKY equipment installed and would like a service through their existing equipment.

Point taken and yes you do have to buy the gear, but it is actaully pretty cheap.And it is yours to keep !! For life.And you get all the free to air channels, not just thai tv.

The way I see it..you can DEFINATELY have thaitv today , or you can MAYBE have it after several years of lobbying.

:o

But the dish and equipment is pricey for just one channel

You won't just get one channel if you point your dish to the satellite ( Hotbird ) that Thai Tv ( Thai TV 5 global network ) currently broadcasts on, there are hundreds of channels there, many of them free to air...as apposed to $ky's

" free to view " the difference is you need to pay $ky money for thier decoder and card just to watch their " free to view " channels.

In the past they have put pressure on channels they carry not to be available else where for free... I hope everyone understands that this may not be a good thing !!

at the moment with a little effort you can watch for free even using a sky digibox and separate dish or just get a twin view LNB ( sees 2 sats at once )

once $ky gets their hands on anything it just money money money :o

It would be better if everybodies e-mail threatened to cancel their Sky subscription IF THEY DONT GET THAI TV.

I had many run ins with Sky and the best way to get them to act was to fax over an advance draft of your intention to cancel letter.

Dont bother to ask them nicely....TELL THEM!

include your account number on the e-mail!!!!

Sky just want your cash, they can air just about anything from anywhere....

Well, we have a response :-

Dear Dave Thank you for your e-mail regarding foreign channels on Sky.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately, there are currently no Thai channels available on the Sky platform and no information regarding the launch of a Thai channel.   

However, your interest in this has been noted and passed to the relevant department for their information.

I regret my response could not be more favourable at this time.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Debbie Tant

Viewer Relations

Nothing more than expected, we need to keep up the pressure.

Edit:- When I was last in the UK (end 04) Lidl were doing some very cheap free-to-air digital receivers, dishes etc. The total cost was less than 100 quid, there is some cheap kit out there suitable for receiving the Hotbird channels, probably the best option at present.

Edited by Crossy

Well, we have a response :-
Dear Dave Thank you for your e-mail regarding foreign channels on Sky.  Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.

Unfortunately, there are currently no Thai channels available on the Sky platform and no information regarding the launch of a Thai channel.   

However, your interest in this has been noted and passed to the relevant department for their information.

I regret my response could not be more favourable at this time.

Thank you for contacting Sky.

Kind regards

Debbie Tant

Viewer Relations

Nothing more than expected, we need to keep up the pressure.

Edit:- When I was last in the UK (end 04) Lidl were doing some very cheap free-to-air digital receivers, dishes etc. The total cost was less than 100 quid, there is some cheap kit out there suitable for receiving the Hotbird channels, probably the best option at present.

I've just received the exact same letter,word for word.

Martin