Cheap Flights To Uk

overherebc

Just got BKK-LHR-BKK in October for B26,940 incl-tax/airport, via BOM, with 28 kgs hold-luggage & 7 kgs carry-on.

The price is good, the planes are said to be OK (B737 to Bonbay & B777 onwards to London), but the security in Bombay is supposed to be nightmarish .

Of course for an extra several thousand Baht, I might have travelled with Qatar or another Gulf-based airline, but money is tight ! :(

Hope you are not sat with the rear gunner ! I do know parachutes are not available. If you all run in sync take off is quite good, but when landing you tend to burn through the shoes a bit.:cheesy:

" Ladies & Gentleman,please remain in your seats until Captain Crash and the Crew have brought the Aircraft to a screeching halt against the terminal gate, once the tyre smoke has cleared and the warning sirens silenced we will open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal building":cheesy:

"We'd like to thank you for flying with us,the next time you get the urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurised metal tube we hope you will think of us"

I would prefer to pay the extra 5k for Qatar, anytime.

Edited by CharlieH

Jetairways are good. They are the commercial competiton to the government owned (and scary bad) Indian Airlines.

I've used them from Mumbai many times.

Only problem is that the transfer in Mumbai could be a bit chaotic .... although the new Delhi airport may be a better option?

I've used Jet Airways three times, perfectly adequate service, good planes good staff (check in and on board) Mumbai is a shithole but Delhi is much much better.

Familyonthemove, have you used Air India? How are they scary bad? :)

Edited by bifftastic

I've used Jet Airways three times, perfectly adequate service, good planes good staff (check in and on board) Mumbai is a shithole but Delhi is much much better.

Familyonthemove, have you used Air India? How are they scary bad? :)

I've used Air India many times for domestic flights in the past - but would not use them now unless they were the only airline on the route. The Air India pilots themselves have warned about safety concerns. The airline is under-funded and on the verge of going under. Staff are not being paid.

good price Ricardo, was that from the jet website?

Yes, and wasn't just for the odd-date, according to skyscanner.com, they had (a few days ago) seats widely-available this autumn, although they're bound to sell-out fast, now I've mentioned it ! :rolleyes:

Flights via Delhi were only available for early-morning departure from Swampy, which I can't make, connecting from CNX.

Edited by Ricardo

BKK-MAN-BKK christmas time 31000b.same for LHR.

promotional fare on etihadairways.com.

Just had a look and could only see 37,715 baht

yes.you're right it's gone up.

you only get a certain amount of seats at a special price,when these are booked you then go up to the next band of prices and so on.

so my advice too anyone who see's a cheap flight that they want but think i'll wait and book it tomorrow is...don't wait,book it there and then as chances are it will have gone up the next day.

Edited by zabaleta

It's an immutable truth that, just after one books a less-pleasant airline due to a bargain-price, the people you'd rather have flown with then drop their prices, to something a bit-closer to reasonable.

:D

Always happens to me! In fact, once I've paid for a ticket, I stop checking prices just in case I find something better :lol:

Turkish is very good and I know for a fact that TXL - IST was anything but dry as a bunch of rowdy Germans emptied them out of red wine...

I would like to try Emirates next time as it's even more miles than going via Istanbul. It seems there's been fewer 4 year prison sentences for farting, swearing, 3 poppy seeds in shirt pocket, 0.003 grams of dope residue on shoe soul, carrying melatonin pills and the like in Dubai... :( So, perhaps they've calmed down a bit.

USED QATAR ONCE = BRILLIANT<br><br>KUWAIT ONCE = CRAP<br><br>KINGFISHER ONCE = GOOD= BUT STOPOVER AIRPORT WAS CRAP, THEY TAKE YOUR CIGGIE LIGHTER OFF YOU WHEN YOU GET OFF FIRST PLANE AND GO INTO THE WAITING FOR NEXT FLIGHT AREA. ????????? AND BEER IN BAR WAS VERY EXPENSIVE UK PRICES IN INDIA ????????? HAVING A LAFF.<br><br>

USED QATAR ONCE = BRILLIANT<br><br>KUWAIT ONCE = CRAP<br><br>KINGFISHER ONCE = GOOD= BUT STOPOVER AIRPORT WAS CRAP, THEY TAKE YOUR CIGGIE LIGHTER OFF YOU WHEN YOU GET OFF FIRST PLANE AND GO INTO THE WAITING FOR NEXT FLIGHT AREA. ????????? AND BEER IN BAR WAS VERY EXPENSIVE UK PRICES IN INDIA ????????? HAVING A LAFF.<br><br>

I plan to travel soon - does anyone know the current best deals?