Thai Language School In Hat Yai

Junetje

Hi everyone,

I'm Thai woman who has Dutch bf. In the end of this year he'll move to live with me in Hat Yai. We need non ED visa (as much easier).

I did try to ask B.B.A. international courses by PSU (where I works as a lecturer), but they require GED or Thai equivalent M.6 certificate (my bf has Dutch vocational diploma).

Therefore, I would like to know if are there any Thai language school offering non ED visa in Hat Yai or in Songkhla?

I'v just moved to live here for work by PSU since 15 august, so I don't know much about Hat Yai.

Thank you very much.

June.

Is your bf looking to study or teach?

I am pretty sure the non-I ED visa only applies if he'll be studying. If that's what he's looking for, I am pretty sure there are no schools who offer courses + ED visas to foreigners in Songkhla or anywhere close (I am not a 100% sure though).

If your bf is looking to teach; the ED visa won't apply and he'll need to get a non-I O or non-I B (Other or Business) to be able to get a work permit. There are a few agencies who have teachers work in schools in Songkhla, but it's my understanding that most of these agencies, as well as schools, are looking for native speakers with at least a ba degree. That said, it's still possible to get a teacher job here without being a native or having a proper degree, but in that situation it will much easier if you're bf would be here in Hatyai, so he'll be able to ask around and do some interviews.

I am not a teacher myself, but I have plenty of friends who are teachers or who run or work for teacher agencies. If you need any more help, please contact me by PM. I'm Dutch also btw biggrin.gif

- Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Is your bf looking to study or teach?

I am pretty sure the non-I ED visa only applies if he'll be studying. If that's what he's looking for, I am pretty sure there are no schools who offer courses + ED visas to foreigners in Songkhla or anywhere close (I am not a 100% sure though).

If your bf is looking to teach; the ED visa won't apply and he'll need to get a non-I O or non-I B (Other or Business) to be able to get a work permit. There are a few agencies who have teachers work in schools in Songkhla, but it's my understanding that most of these agencies, as well as schools, are looking for native speakers with at least a ba degree. That said, it's still possible to get a teacher job here without being a native or having a proper degree, but in that situation it will much easier if you're bf would be here in Hatyai, so he'll be able to ask around and do some interviews.

I am not a teacher myself, but I have plenty of friends who are teachers or who run or work for teacher agencies. If you need any more help, please contact me by PM. I'm Dutch also btw biggrin.gif

- Matt

Hoi Matt,

Hartelijk bedankt voor jouw reactie and sorry for late reply, I was so busy. I'v just sent you PM.

Met vriendelijke groet

June.