Whatever Happened To The Weekly Bike Market Near The Un Building?

Roachiebkk

I remember years ago there was an incredible free bike market held every Saturday night along the canal near the UN Building in Rachadamnoen. This was a fantastic collection of spare parts, bikes for sale, bike paraphernalia as well as an eclectic collection of people from all walks of life.

Years ago (post 9/11) apparently for security bullsh*t reasons they moved the market down to Makro in Samsen Road. It didn't do well there and I heard it was moved once again to somewhere in Rachada. I think it may have died a slow death but it really was something special.

Do any members remember this market? Did any members ever visit it after it moved to Makro or Rachada? does it still exist?

Cheers

Roachie

I think you are talking about the Rachada Night market, which is still there every saturday

Will have to give it a go. Living in sleepy Nonthaburi leaves a bit to be desired for such things

Thanks

You could also check out Punsap Market in Puthumthani. It's just north of Nonthaburi. It's open every day and they have got loads of motorcycle parts and accessories.

Edited by SumetCycle

I think you are talking about the Rachada Night market, which is still there every saturday

Will have to give it a go. Living in sleepy Nonthaburi leaves a bit to be desired for such things

Thanks

You could also check out Punsap Market in Puthumthani. It's just north of Nonthaburi. It's open every day and they have got loads of motorcycle parts and accessories.

THanks SumetCycle,

I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks

THanks SumetCycle,

I'll definitely check it out.

Here are the coordinates: 14.004366,100.55593

Just head north up Tiwanon Rd. and make a right at St. Carlos Medical Center. Best of Luck.

Brian