Bulk Drug Intermediate Import Export

Hi,

Can someone give me an idea about bulk drug import.

i want to set up a company fro bulk drug import and export.

It is 100 % export unit. Not for Local sale in Thailand

but goods need to import.

i want to know, is there any VAT or custom duty.

Because that goods need to re export.

is there any legal adviser, who have knowledge about that,and providing services to set up this kind of company.

Thanks.

If you are going to set up for 100% export, you would most likely want to set up in an Industrial Estate to avoid duty and vat.

Industrial Estates in Thailand

But please also be sure to learn about the import permit process... as medical products and pharmaceutical products will require to apply for import permits with the FDA.

Edited by CWMcMurray

Ask the Thai authorities !

There is no one who have a clue about that here !

Just be sure there is import on products to Thailand for most countries, and if you not do something with them here you can normally not get the custom back etc.

BOI normally help such companies.

I expect it is a big company with huge turnover, else forget it !

You can set things up with a bonded warehouse so you dont really import into Thailand.

Someone said something about BOI, I don't believe you can get BOI for what you are planning, we got BOI last year and from what I I understood you need to have a large investment, provide jobs, operate in a certain market etc. Seems you will not be doing any of these.

You need to start making some calls and check all the legals. I know I was working on getting some pharmaceutical test kits made here in Thailand for the USA about 5-6 years ago and the Thai FDA was more strict than the US FDA.

The key to your idea will be to work with a good shipping company to get a bonded warehouse so you never import into Thailand, use Thailand more or less as a transit and redo the paper work. Im sure there are going to be allot of hands wanting a piece of the pie. If I were you I would check some other possible transit places for re-shipments. Dubai has some good companies that provide this type of service.

I think I may have misunderstood your original email, as I though you were going to be manufacturing something for re-export...

If you are just importing and then breakbulking and then re-exporting to various destinations, it is possible to do without paying and duty and vat by running goods FZ warehouse, but you will still need import permits

Edited by CWMcMurray

Importing to Thailand and then exporting to another country with new paperwork stating origin Thailand?

Sounds dodgy to me.

What is the originating country and the destination country that the shipment needs to be laundered in this way?

It would not change the origin of goods to be Thailand, just the origin port would be Thailand.... which means that it would not be possible to issue a certificate or origin for "goods made in Thailand", but that does not mean that nothing useful can be done...

We do have some customers using this type of set up... import goods by the container load into Thailand, hold in FZ warehouse and then re-export in smaller quantities to customers around the world.

Others will use the FZ warehouse in order to swap out docs, in order to ensure that their final customer does not know the identity of their manufacturer... nothing dodgy about doing this and even can be done if customer does not have a company in Thailand ( so long as import permit is not required).

The manufacturer at the origin port will usually need the shipping docs for export customs (vat refund) and the consignee at the destination will need shipping docs to clear customs, so this way both shipper and consignee get the docs needed without either learning of the others identity.

So the middle man (our customer) is protected

Edited by CWMcMurray

Thanks.

i thought the same

but now i am going to check with the authorities.

and if someone here know about any legal expert agent for this kind of company work.

and logistic company for that..

Thanks in advance.

I think I may have misunderstood your original email, as I though you were going to be manufacturing something for re-export...

If you are just importing and then breakbulking and then re-exporting to various destinations, it is possible to do without paying and duty and vat by running goods FZ warehouse, but you will still need import permits

you have understand my point.

Thanks.

Importing to Thailand and then exporting to another country with new paperwork stating origin Thailand?

Sounds dodgy to me.

What is the originating country and the destination country that the shipment needs to be laundered in this way?

It would not change the origin of goods to be Thailand, just the origin port would be Thailand.... which means that it would not be possible to issue a certificate or origin for "goods made in Thailand", but that does not mean that nothing useful can be done...

We do have some customers using this type of set up... import goods by the container load into Thailand, hold in FZ warehouse and then re-export in smaller quantities to customers around the world.

Others will use the FZ warehouse in order to swap out docs, in order to ensure that their final customer does not know the identity of their manufacturer... nothing dodgy about doing this and even can be done if customer does not have a company in Thailand ( so long as import permit is not required).

The manufacturer at the origin port will usually need the shipping docs for export customs (vat refund) and the consignee at the destination will need shipping docs to clear customs, so this way both shipper and consignee get the docs needed without either learning of the others identity.

So the middle man (our customer) is protected

If you are going to set up for 100% export, you would most likely want to set up in an Industrial Estate to avoid duty and vat.

Industrial Estates in Thailand

But please also be sure to learn about the import permit process... as medical products and pharmaceutical products will require to apply for import permits with the FDA.

Listen to this man!

- Expect a 5-7 month VAT refund delay (if you grease the wheels a bit) which adds 35% - 49% extra working capital.

- When you import do not believe customs will honor the reduced tax rates for items and countries. They want money and being a foreigner they throw the book at you, while the Thai pay half. And seeing as you are not a factory you cannot get a factory license to get a duty drawback.

- Also BOI is helpful but hard to get and requires much paperwork and headaches. I suspect they will not be interested in your type of business anyway ...

IMHO IT IS WORTH THE EXTRA RENT MONEY FOR THE ESTATE and I regret that I did not do it.

Phil