Pickup

HedKeeQuai

I wouldn't start a pick up line on a Thai girl with "this might be a bit random".

Especially the "random" part would not be wise to say.

ผมว่าคุณน่ารักดี

phom wa khun na rak dii

"I think you are very cute."

Since you obviously isn't fluent in Thai, I think by just saying the above in Thai should be good enough and if she's interested she'll respond positively, but if not, she may just pretend she doesn't understand you or something....

If it's for some kind of pick up line you'd like to use on girls, I suggest you simply say it in English.

What if this was the only Thai you could say and if she doesn't speak a word English, then what....

I wouldn't start a pick up line on a Thai girl with "this might be a bit random".

Especially the "random" part would not be wise to say.

ผมว่าคุณน่ารักดี

phom wa khun na rak dii

"I think you are very cute."

Since you obviously isn't fluent in Thai, I think by just saying the above in Thai should be good enough and if she's interested she'll respond positively, but if not, she may just pretend she doesn't understand you or something....

If it's for some kind of pick up line you'd like to use on girls, I suggest you simply say it in English.

What if this was the only Thai you could say and if she doesn't speak a word English, then what....

I had Narisa inside my Macbook speak the pickup line in case any practice saying it is needed.

This is her sound clip.

pickup.mp3

^ 6 sad people have downloaded a pickup line?!

Well, maybe everyone else already has their own pickup line, I certainly do.

This is the one I use.

สวัสดีครับ ผมเป็นเฒ่าหัวงูร่ำรวย ชอบสาวสวยเหมือนคุณ อยากจะเป็นแฟนกันไหม

myline.mp3

This is the one I use.

myline.mp3

What's your success rate with that then??!

This is the one I use.

myline.mp3

What's your success rate with that then??!

About the same as the number of downloads. zero

Hey thanks, actually my Thai is quite good (or it was a few yrs ago), I've been to school and can read/write basics but I just don't know how to translate the thought of "being random". So I'd be saying this to ridiculously good-looking "normal" girls and also ones that might not speak (or want to speak) English. It's a bit forward to approach a stranger and right off the bat tell them they're cute, but if you start it off with a casual "hey this might be a bit random", well it's a good intro and it's something that they will subconsciously agree with. They think 'yes it is random for a stranger/foreigner to approach me and talk in Thai'.... and then that's when I tell them ผมว่าคุณน่ารักดี

And then we have a date and get married :)

I think a Thai would associate the word "random" as if you're just randomly looking for one night stand and nothing serious and that you randomly check up girls like this all the time..

But then again, if a girl do fancy you, it doesn't really matter how your pickup line is, she'll be interested regardless.

Edited by Mole

This guy does a bunch of user-submitted pickup lines on Thai girls. It's a fun watch and he has like 10+ vids of him getting phone numbers etc. Some lines are more creative than others, but you can get an idea of what works and doesn't work on normal thai girls.

(In the axe dude video)

About 3 minutes in he starts using a word alot that sounds like โล.

Is that a short version of น่าโหล ? Plain face like a dozen others?

One of the phrases as best I can tell.

น่ารักแบบนี่ เอา โล ไปเลยดีกว่า 

cute like this, I’ll take a plain face would be better ?

I think he says:

น่ารักแบบนี้เอาโล่ไปเลยดีกว่า ... ไม่ใช่โล่ธรรมดานะ แต่เป็น "โล่นะเด็กงั๊ก"

The other one is:

ถามว่าเธอไปว่าเสื้อตัวนี้เบอร์อะไร ทีนี้พอเธอตอบกลับมาว่าเบอร์อะไรก็แล้วแต่ ให้ตอบกลับไปว่า "เบอร์ว่ารักแถบ" แบบว่ารักเธอมากกว่านะ

Can anyone explain those two?

Am unsure of เด็กงั๊ก and รักแถบ.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a kind of wordplay / anagram. If you switch a vowel and/or a consonant of the first and the last word "โล่นะเด็กงั๊ก" becomes รักนะเด็กโง่ and "เบอร์ว่ารักแถบ" becomes แบบว่ารักเธอ

After the first one didn't get him any success his message for the person who suggested it was เบืองว่าไม่ได้แหรบ (--> แบบว่าไม่ได้เรื่อง)

This guy does a bunch of user-submitted pickup lines on Thai girls. It's a fun watch and he has like 10+ vids of him getting phone numbers etc. Some lines are more creative than others, but you can get an idea of what works and doesn't work on normal thai girls.

Sorry only just saw this, thank you so much for the link!

Exactly what I was looking for

It's a kind of wordplay / anagram. If you switch a vowel and/or a consonant of the first and the last word "โล่นะเด็กงั๊ก" becomes รักนะเด็กโง่ and "เบอร์ว่ารักแถบ" becomes แบบว่ารักเธอ

After the first one didn't get him any success his message for the person who suggested it was เบืองว่าไม่ได้แหรบ (--> แบบว่าไม่ได้เรื่อง)

They've been ผวน'd? I see, thanks!