Cooked Turkey For 25 December

scorecard

Hoping to be able to order in advance and pick up already cooked and hot on 25 Dec, hopefully somewhere fairly central in CM city. Wish list is:

- Medium or medium plus bird, cooked on the day, moist meat, and hot when I pick up.

- Stuffing, also hot.

- Gravy, also hot.

- Cooked selection of vegetables for 4 or 5 people, also hot.

Would appreciate any suggestions where to order.

Thanks.

In a similar vein and more importantly, where can I get Cadbury's creme eggs for Easter next year? Wrappers must be shiny and the centre smooth, not fudgy. Don't mind frozen as long as they defrost ok, will need between 1 and 2 dozen for friends and family.

I was going to suggest Rim Ping, too, until I read the post and saw all the criteria. All their store locations have whole cooked birds -- you can come to the store in advance and select your bird from the freezer, so it's exactly the size you want. They have gravy, but I don't know about all the other fixings. And yes, they're hot -- our bird was in a foam container. You list the time of pick-up when you complete the paperwork in ordering the turkey.

For me, part of the fun of Thanksgiving or Christmas is doing some of the cooking myself. Friends can come and bring their favorite side dishes. Those are fairly easy to prepare in our little Thai-style kitchens, but most people would be challenged to cook a big turkey.

I'd suggest the OP just take his group to one of the several restaurants that serve excellent Christmas meals if s/he doesn't want to do any of the cooking at all. Or maybe get the maid to prepare some of the side dishes. The OP didn't specify that s/he wanted the store to supply eating utensils, so I assume the OP has a maid to clean the dirty dishes.

Edited by NancyL

You can also pre-order your turkey from Kasem stores. They have assorted side dishes as well, but I forget what they have.

I have been trying to get a turkey for the second week in October--Canadian Thanksgiving--and unable to get a cooked bird that early in the season.

NancyL's idea is right for having friends bring side dishes, and supplying the main course. My thought is that if it is over 1500 baht, shouldn't RImping offer free delivery? The thought of having to go out and pick it up while one is preparing other dishes just complicates matters.

Bilmey you Pickey!..

I am happty just to find somewhere just that cook turkey and roast spuds!

Hoping to be able to order in advance and pick up already cooked and hot on 25 Dec, hopefully somewhere fairly central in CM city. Wish list is:

- Medium or medium plus bird, cooked on the day, moist meat, and hot when I pick up.

- Stuffing, also hot.

- Gravy, also hot.

Thanks.

I have used Rimping for the five years and they have never let me down. The quality is exceptional, well cooked succulent birds delivered hot at almost the time requested. I think the price is the retail price of the bird plus a price per kilo cooking charge. Delivery is extra 200 baht I think. The gravy is also extra and is nothing to write home about but useful for adding to homemade gravy. They may do stuffing I am not sure. Veg you will have to do yourself or source elsewhere.

You can order from any of their branches in December.

I will be using them again this year

You can also pre-order your turkey from Kasem stores. They have assorted side dishes as well, but I forget what they have.

I have been trying to get a turkey for the second week in October--Canadian Thanksgiving--and unable to get a cooked bird that early in the season.

NancyL's idea is right for having friends bring side dishes, and supplying the main course. My thought is that if it is over 1500 baht, shouldn't RImping offer free delivery? The thought of having to go out and pick it up while one is preparing other dishes just complicates matters.

I didn't explore the home delivery option with them, but yes it seems like they would, especially if you're a regular customer of the store. Actually, it gives Hubby a good excuse to go "out for air" to leave me in the middle of preparations while he goes off to Rim Ping to pick up the bird!

Bilmey you Pickey!..

I am happty just to find somewhere just that cook turkey and roast spuds!

- Stuffing, also hot.

- Gravy, also hot.

Thanks.

I did mention it was my 'wish list'. Why not if it's available.

Why bother to go to all the trouble of cooking it yourself?

At The Olde Bell. we put on 3 sittings: Christmas Eve at 7pm and Christmas Day at 1pm and 7.30pm. For under 700 baht you get a Roast Turkey Dinner with Sage and Onion Stuffing, Chestnut stuffing, Roast Potatoes, Mash, Bread Sauce, Veg, Gravy AND a Pint of Beer or a Glass of wine. This will be our 6th year and its a fun day for everyone from 9 to 90!! All Welcome!!

Is this an April fool 's thread gone wrong? Does it really take 3 months of planning for 1st world people to stick a dead bird diwn their gullets?

ha ha ha ha....it'll only get better. stay tuned and watch in wonder.

I'll be eating fish and chips on Christmas Day. Can anyone tell me where to find the best F&Cs in Chiang Mai?

If Cooked Turkey is so delicious, why don't you guys eat it say once a month?

I'd love to eat it once a month, but as pointed out, Rim Ping and others just offer their turkey cooking services for the U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas times. You can buy frozen uncooked turkey there all year round, but who wants to heat up their kitchen for several hours to cook one, assuming you have an oven large enough to handle a turkey? In the U.S., I cooked turkey often in the winter, but the house was cold and a warm oven was welcomed. Butterball sells turkey leg/thighs in the U.S. and I'd love to find them here. That I could fit into our oven. I have seen boneless turkey breast in the freezer section of Rim Ping, but dark meat is our favorite.

Rim Ping stocks turkey sausage in the fall and I always stock up, because I haven't seen the turkey sausage year-round. I think they must get a container shipment from Butterball in the fall with their annual supply of turkey products!

Care to elaborate on this?

Nope

Great answer !!!!mfr_closed1.gif I can see it now, you tell him the story and he would just come back and debate it all, after he's googled it for a few hours of course:) So glad you didn't take the bait.....

davidoxon.

re ... GUYS! I can't believe you're even discussing this with near 4 months still to go!!!!!!

why not ?

if we have santa and xmas trees out at kad suan kaew on the 17 of august 11 : )

why not talk about xmas dinner

just joshin ... enjoy .. dave2

post-42592-0-92559600-1314931471_thumb.j

davidoxon.

re ... GUYS! I can't believe you're even discussing this with near 4 months still to go!!!!!!

why not ?

if we have santa and xmas trees out at kad suan kaew on the 17 of august 11 : )

why not talk about xmas dinner

just joshin ... enjoy .. dave2

Probably still there from last year!

Like the tree at the airport the year before, still there in July!

Not a big fan of Xmas anyway, but do like turkey :)

D