What Documents Do I Need For The 90-Day Reporting?

There's a basic set of requirements used at most Immigration offices... But then there are some that add on their own additional items...

So to get the correct, complete answer, it requires knowing what office you need to report to, based on where you live? And also whether you're planning to do the report in person or via mail?

The basics for in-person reporting include the TM47 90 day reporting form itself, the original receipt slip from your last prior 90 day report, and bringing along your passport with its airport departure card stapled inside.

There is no fee for doing the 90 day report in person or by mail. And no photo is required.

As stated above, some individual offices also are asking for other items when handling in-person reports.

If by mail, you should add photocopies of your passport face page and other passport page photocopies showing your current visa or extension stamp, and most recent entry stamp into Thailand, and a photocopy of your TM6 airport departure card. Also a self-addressed envelope with a 10 baht stamp affixed for them to return your receipt.

There is a recent TV thread that highlights the different things that some upcountry Immigration offices have been asking for lately.... though BKK has only been asking for the basics.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Window is 15 days before to 7 days after reporting date. If this is your first report you will not have a TM.47 receipt. You can download and fill out/print with computer to have ready. Once report made be sure to staple receipt on last page of your passport so does not get lost.

Window is 15 days before to 7 days after reporting date. If this is your first report you will not have a TM.47 receipt. You can download and fill out/print with computer to have ready. Once report made be sure to staple receipt on last page of your passport so does not get lost.

I need to go in for my reporting in the next few days. I just noticed my departure card is torn in 2...1/2 is missing. And of course, it's the part with the stamp. Will I run into issues with this????

Thx!!

I need to go in for my reporting in the next few days. I just noticed my departure card is torn in 2...1/2 is missing. And of course, it's the part with the stamp. Will I run into issues with this????

Thx!!

Do you have a copy of the departure card?

Thx!!

Of course not! :(

It looks like the agent at the desk let the form just hang outside the passport, rather than folding it in 1/2 as they normally do. In my jet lagged state of mind, I probably didn't even notice and just shoved the passport into my pocket or into a bag...and when I emptied everything at home, didn't notice that piece of paper, wherever it was.

Needless to say, Lopburi's advice above is correct...

I'd only add, the 7 days after timeframe only applies for in-person reporting...

If reporting by mail, you need to have it arrive at the destination Immigration office before your actual deadline.

I don't know what Immigration will say about that....

But, you do have the same latest entry stamp that should appear on your airport card on one of your passport pages as well, right? So even if your card is missing the stamp portion, they can see the same stamp in your passport.

I suspect as long as the serial number is there it will not be a major issue. Is it required because of a new reporting period? If yes just find your arrival stamp in passport so you can show them if asked (to prove the 90 day period). Arrivals are on computer these days so should not have to make a day search of old cards to find as did happen to some in the past.

Actually that is a valid question as it is required for each extension of stay and when eight years old, as mine is, they do get a bit fragile. And mine is the think card stock type. Many of us keep copy on computer.

Yes, I am doing a 90 day reporting.

I don't have the number on the departure card. That part is missing. I do see a stamp just under the form...so looks like I am good to go.

Are you saying you have a departure card from 8 years ago? You've been "in country" for a long time! I leave at least 2 times every year...so get a new one all the time. Next year I would like to do a trip to Cambodia and then one to Myanmar...but we'll see how things turn out.

Thanks for all your help!!!

Craig

• 7 months later...