• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

2. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

3. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

4. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

5. 563

White Culture

6. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

7. 86

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

8. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

9. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

10. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 125

Trump chickens out again.

13. 68

14. 68

High Speed Mobile Internet In Pattaya

FarangBuddha

Until the Thai telecom carriers get their 3G networks up and running in Pattaya (hopefully only a few months or less now) I will just put in a word here (as I have not seen in mentioned before) that the 3BB company (the ISP in Pattaya) also has in place an extensive wi-fi network around town. Most of the large shopping malls are covered. In addition, many restos/cafes outside the malls seem to have coverage as well...not really sure where these signals are coming from but I am able to connect to them. Basically, I use this paid 3BB wi-fi network as a substitute 3G network for my phone when sitting in restos or cafes around town relaxing and eating or having coffee to surf the net and stream video and audio new/entertainment content from the web. My EDGE service is fine for mobile email or even reading/posting on T-V but for streaming BBC video news, YouTube, Sticher Radio, or NPR audio news streams the 3BB wi-fi is great. It has basically changed my mobile internet experience.

The best part is that the cost is only B 100 per month for unlimited 30-days of of service. When you sign-up for the service, the charge is automatically deducted from your phone balance (if pre-paid) or added to your bill if post-paid and renews automatically each month. It is easy to sign-up, when you see a 3BB wi-fi network is available where you are, just connect to it and then open your phone's browser and you will automatically be directed to the 3BB sign-in page. On it, there are links at the bottom to sign-up for the service and the various plans on offer. ?(It helps to have a Thai handy as I didn't see any English sign-up page.) Your username is your phone number and after sign-up you will receive a confirmation SMS with your password.

Now you won't have these high-speeds available when in the car or everywhere you may be like at the beach (at least I don't think but haven't tried it yet) or something but I have found that for high-speed access outside the home when I am in town, it has been a really handy service and for about the cost of a latte or two per month...very good value as well.

• 3 weeks later...